4 Points off the top 6, 1 game in hand

Day

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough 3 games coming up, but if we play well in those there's no reason we can't be a plausible challenger. Wolves to me look very likely to go up, but I don't think any other team is nailed on for 2nd or the rest of the play offs really.

Up to the boys to make the best of the opportunities.

11 hours ago, Doodle said:

Terrible decision to take vydra off for Thorne. I said so as soon as he made the sub. If it wasn’t for the fact that forest hardly touched the ball for the rest of the game. I would have been proved right 

I had to read this twice to see if you were joking or not. Great decision though

35 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

The league is a basket case again this year - No reason a few decent results in a row couldn't throw us very much into the mix

This is very true. As usual some early pacesetters (eg Leeds) seem to be crumbling and some poor starters (Villa) putting runs together. Its all up for grabs but I think i'd like to see a greater threat from us away from home before feeling very confident. Backs to the wall grabbed draws are not a sound strategy for an entire season imo.

14 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

This is very true. As usual some early pacesetters (eg Leeds) seem to be crumbling and some poor starters (Villa) putting runs together. Its all up for grabs but I think i'd like to see a greater threat from us away from home before feeling very confident. Backs to the wall grabbed draws are not a sound strategy for an entire season imo.

I don't see all of Preston, Bristol City and Sheff Utd staying in the top 6 all season - Cardiff could be the 'surprise' team this season - Other than that I expect to see Wolves around the top 2 all season and Villa, Leeds, Norwich and Boro being in the mix 

Just have to get up to speed quick enough that if the league starts to settle down a bit we're up there when it does

That was a great win, I was buzzing as soon as I saw the team selection, I thought Rowett got it spot on. 

Nugent and Vydra are proving to be a mighty fine partnership (I'm convinced my post of many moons ago swayed Rowett into trying them).

The win for me turned disappointing draws against Cardiff and Brentford into great points away from home.

Sheff Wednesday are beatable and we play them at a good time, smash em and it starts looking lovely.

I know we actually have to win the game first, but our game in hand is at home and I'd fancy us to beat anybody in this league at home. We're a completely different side compared to away from home for some reason.

But this sort of puts in to perspective how ridiculous the criticism of Rowett has been. I understand that performances have not been the most exciting, but he still hasn't had the time needed to actually have a full squad capable of playing the way he wants. At the moment we're still trying to play a certain way with a bunch of players who suit various different styles thanks to so much chopping and changing.

I'd be very happy if we were around and challenging the play-offs come the end of the season, and that is where we'll find ourselves if we keep pace and take advantage of our spare game. Keep up with the top six until January and perhaps strengthen in terms of personnel to suit our style, and there's no reason why we can't push on further.

The top six currently has a very surprising formation, and this is looking to be one of the most open seasons for a while. Of the 'best' teams this season, we've already played the top five, so to be close to the play-offs isn't as bad a situation as some have made it out to be.

On 15/10/2017 at 15:28, AdamRam said:

Great result and hats off to rowett for getting it right today.  Hopefully we will continue this form and continue to challenge this season.

Adam I’m not sure I want to see this form until the end of the season, whilst the result was great I would hope we can improve a lot more in terms of performance.

Archived