Best Restaurants in the world

froggg

La Pecora Nera (The Black Sheep) in Lucca, Italy

http://www.lapecoraneralucca.it/chi-siamo/

Fantastic food at very reasonable prices in a beautiful medieval street with a stream running down the middle.

All of the waiters and waitresses have Down's syndrome. They are all very friendly and really do take pride in their work. Very laid back atmosphere and great for kids.

One of the best restaurants I've been to. Shame it's not called The Black and White Sheep

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/12/2017 at 13:37, 86 points said:

Went to the Hand & Flowers in Marlow a few years back. It's Tom Kerridge's pub and the only Michelin two star pub in the world, for what that's worth. Really relaxed in there unlike some lesser and more pretentious eateries, with diners and staff alike  

Super grub - I had Tom's signature pork dish, a duck parfait starter and no idea what desert as we were all half cut by then. Great company too as was with my fairer half and 4 of my closest friends, but quite a hefty bill, it has to be said. It was my mate Tallerboy's 40th if I recall and we spent around £100 per head. Mate's other half stumped up for 3 bottles of fizz herself with the rest of us splitting the bill otherwise it would have been significantly more. Not sure I'd do it again unless I was on a promise from Salma Hayek but had a great night all told.

Did you have the pork medium rare like they advise. It was wicked  but the wife was convinced I was going to die. 

I like it in there but bookings are a nightmare. 

12 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Did you have the pork medium rare like they advise. It was wicked  but the wife was convinced I was going to die. 

I like it in there but bookings are a nightmare. 

I actually don't recall being asked! I tend to eat steak mooing and fish when just flaking so I'd probably have done as you did. I think people overestimate the dangers of pork to be honest. The only food I've ever really got ill from is shellfish and that's because I have an allergy but insist on eating it all the same. Not too bright I guess but I love the stuff! 

5 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

The Windmill, Skiathos Town was very nice.. Perfect setting high on a hill overlooking the harbour and town. I love eating alfresco..

Food was pretty good as well..

Agree, lovely place.

11 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

The Windmill, Skiathos Town was very nice.. Perfect setting high on a hill overlooking the harbour and town. I love eating alfresco..

Food was pretty good as well..

Is that the one right at the top, some climbing to get to that! 

I'm a sucker for home made food, and the Sunday lunch at the Harrington at Thulston is as good as I've had in Derbyshire. Especially when the Turkey is on. 

Worldwide, ktima in Lindos was lovely with views to die for, one for @MuespachRam the best steak was Seared Chophouse 1200 at the beach, a place for home cured hams in Arcachon near Bordeaux. Lastly, chicken stuffed with Haggis and a whiskey sauce at Cameron House, Loch lomand. 

5 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

I'm a sucker for home made food, and the Sunday lunch at the Harrington at Thulston is as good as I've had in Derbyshire. Especially when the Turkey is on. 

Worldwide, ktima in Lindos was lovely with views to die for, one for @MuespachRam the best steak was Seared Chophouse 1200 at the beach, a place for home cured hams in Arcachon near Bordeaux. Lastly, chicken stuffed with Haggis and a whiskey sauce at Cameron House, Loch lomand. 

These's a first.

Lived in derby all my life and i'd never heard of Thulston. Had to look it up.

That reminds me......the Poachers Brasserie at Thurlaston, leicestershire is about the only restaurant i would recommend.

and even that wasn't quite as good as it was, last time i went.

its very rare that i'm impressed by restaurant food. The wifes cooking is usually better.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

That reminds me......the Poachers Brasserie at Thurlaston, leicestershire is about the only restaurant i would recommend.

and even that wasn't quite as good as it was, last time i went.

its very rare that i'm impressed by restaurant food. The wifes cooking is usually better.

Nice little villiage, Thurlaston , I pass through it every day on my commute. Might stop off at the Poachers one night now you've mentioned it. 

Not qualified to judge as I haven't travelled enough leave alone been to the best restaurants. 

More locally, Darleys and the Bay Tree in Melbourne are the best I've been to. 

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Nice little villiage, Thurlaston , I pass through it every day on my commute. Might stop off at the Poachers one night now you've mentioned it. 

Nice pub too. Roaring fire in winter.  Filling up with antique clutter though.

Archived