Huddlestone or Osborn

Curtains

9 minutes ago, feisty said:

For me it's that his crossing and set pieces are good and threaten. And his running unsettles opposition defenders and pulls them out of position.  He can really strike a ball at goal too. That free kick was superb

Dead right ... but today I thought that not enough came off for him. He played well enough, He is a threat and will be a great signing. I smile when we get a corner these days because I Know there is a better than even chance that the delivery will be dangerous. His free kick today was delicious. I defo want him in the team week on week. 

BUT .. He isn't always as positionally aware as he should be and makes some poor passing decisions. .. He's young and these things are just coaching and experience. He has the gift and will be a star player but in terms of "performance" I felt Russell today deserved recognition even if his style is quite so eye catching for Lovers of pure skill ( of which I am one ) 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Definition of bang average, can’t remember him passing the ball forward all game

Just one game he's a very good player I would take him tomorrow all Championship players have of days We have enough of them See his grandparents are still Rams ticket holders 

Looks as though I might be in the minority judging by some of the posts so far but I'd take Osborn in a heartbeat. He provides the link between defence and attack for Forest and he's capable of moving the ball quickly and accurately to the forward players. We currently don't have anyone in our squad who's able to do that - could be the one link we are missing.

1 minute ago, Derbylad92 said:

Osborn 100% he's playing the wrong part for then as vydra was us last season 

Spot on

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Looks as though I might be in the minority judging by some of the posts so far but I'd take Osborn in a heartbeat. He provides the link between defence and attack for Forest and he's capable of moving the ball quickly and accurately to the forward players. We currently don't have anyone in our squad who's able to do that - could be the one link we are missing.

In fact both are, I'd take him, he has great energy, he was the one player in their team I'd want in ours. He was too deep at odd times and mostly when further forward other red dogs were not on his wave length. So his end product lwas made to look poor by usual standards .

He was lost like Vydra last season, play him right he'll excel more often than not. Anyway doubt he'll be at Forest forever, after all, bet he's got ambition and unlikely to want to play championship football at best, so he'll be gone soon enough :thumbsup:

51 minutes ago, curtains said:

Huddlestone did well today. 

Huddlestone was no better than average today in fact he's been bang average in a number of games. As have a few other players this season. Defensively his tackling is weak and on occasions none existent. He parks himself between our two centrebacks and has little or no influence on the pattern of play when we are attacking. To many times today his passing was poor. If Joe Ledley hadn't been in our midfield we could have been in danger of being over run. I hope and prey that George Thorne after his cameo performance today, gets fitter and stronger, so that we'll have a player who is capable of dominating the middle of the park and driving the team forward.

57 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Huddlestone was no better than average today in fact he's been bang average in a number of games. As have a few other players this season. Defensively his tackling is weak and on occasions none existent. He parks himself between our two centrebacks and has little or no influence on the pattern of play when we are attacking. To many times today his passing was poor. If Joe Ledley hadn't been in our midfield we could have been in danger of being over run. I hope and prey that George Thorne after his cameo performance today, gets fitter and stronger, so that we'll have a player who is capable of dominating the middle of the park and driving the team forward.

So you missed Huddlestones defensive clearances 2nd  half then. 

3 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Just one game he's a very good player I would take him tomorrow all Championship players have of days We have enough of them See his grandparents are still Rams ticket holders 

So are my grandparents but if I was Rowett I wouldn’t pick me in midfield either

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Blimey we just beat Forest and you are nit picking .

Not nit picking. Always happy when we dick the gumps. A better performance by some players and we may have got another 5-0. Then we could have sang, Its happening again Its happening again, to their fans with even more gusto

Just now, 1of4 said:

Not nit picking. Always happy when we dick the gumps. A better performance by some players and we may have got another 5-0. Then we could have sang, Its happening again Its happening again, to their fans with even more gusto

Just be happy with a win. 

Archived