my view season so far

B4ev6is

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, curtains said:

If Mel loses faith in Gary now we'll so be it but I still enjoyed the passion of the Fans and Players 2nd half particularly at Cardiff.

Oh we'll be telling tales for years to come about that 0-0 draw away at Cardiff. When are the club going to release a commemorative DVD? 

To return to b4's original question. .....

The season so far has us on 13 out of 30 points so we are picking up a shade over 40% of the available points.

Extrapolate that form over a season and we will end up on about 57 points. That's not good enough and would have us below my expectation in terms of final position. 

We are talking about seeing some green shoots and some recent improvement. But I keep in mind that our deterioration is as a consequence of Gary Rowetts decisions and actions.

So at present the whole package is about a  "d" so far.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Surprised at you really because you're mate Chris turned the game .

You're right curtains, I'm sorry. I've given it some thought, and it was the single most historical event in Derby County history. 

Maybe we can ask the club to fund a plaque at the Cardiff City Stadium?

Capture.PNG.1423d33ddb8647a8945d7908e839b0f2.PNG

Just now, wixman1884 said:

You're right curtains, I'm sorry. I've given it some thought, and it was the single most historical event in Derby County history. 

Maybe we can ask the club to fund a plaque at the Cardiff City Stadium?

Capture.PNG.1423d33ddb8647a8945d7908e839b0f2.PNG

That's good but what you're point. 

3 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Only in trouble with the idiots 

In trouble based on MM's recent history and treatment of manager's with better starts to the season than the current manager. Unless, like some fans, his expectation levels for the season and interpretation of goog football has sank to an all time low, but I suspect not.

Just to echo most of the other sane views, yes, it's been a bit disappointing but not disastrous by any means.

If, and it's still a big if, the last 2 away games are signs of the team getting it's collective head around how to stay solid and defend as a team then we might just start to become a more efficient vehicle for picking up points. No it's not massively pretty and I have to caveat my contribution with I don't get to that many matches, but Brentford i did get to, and however diabolically bad we were with the ball we were only really under pressure at the end of the game. Brentford deserved their goal but in the end it was poor lapses rather than great play that let them in.

Not seen the whole Cardiff game yet, but sounds similar but we did a bit more with the ball.

I think once the solidification has given the foundation and confidence a bit more verve and attacking flair might start coming out. 

In short, I think we might have gone through the worst of the transition and done just enough whilst doing it to be reasonably confidant of moving forwards.

"This is not the end, nor the beginning of the end, but it is perhaps, the end of the beginning."

3 hours ago, curtains said:

I'm glad you like me and I'll take that as a compliment but be very sure Rome wasn't built in a day from the ruins .

Get this Derby beat Hull 5-0 because they allowed us to play and then Hull beat Birmingham 6-1 so shall we save the new Birmingham manager. 

Does Nigel Clough need the sack because they are shipping goals for fun .

Football us not an exact science and I see a lot to admire from yesterday's solid performance which was magnificent compared to Sheffield United ,Barnsley and Bristol and that's what Rowett means and that's what the pedantic people really know in their heart of hearts. 

No, it's a reflection on many fan's newly reduced level of expectation that yesterdays performance can be classified as "magnificent". Admire the fanatical optimism but please get real!

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I've not disputed any of that.

Were we the finished article under Mac? He only had 1 summer window.

My whole argument when Mac gets mentioned  (which is never by me first believe it or not) is that the criticisms should be aimed fairly. 

Do know what I mean? 

Like "Mac bottled the big game at Wembley"

Cool. What did Rowett do in his 2 play off games?

"Tippy tappy stuff doesn't work"

Cool. Does the none tippy tappy stuff work better? Any evidence? There's evidence that suggests our style under Mac was more successful than any other style we have had.

"433 failed"

Cool. Which formation worked better for us? I'm not saying stick with it. I'm simply questioning the ridiculous statement.

You know what I'm getting at. People say stuff about one manager and miss the hypocrisy of not applying the same to another manager. 

Agree completely mate, absolutely bang on.

i was merly adding to it, probably didnt put it across very well lol

2 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Mclarens last stint at Derby win rate 44.8%.          Rowetts win rate at Derby 42.6%  takes your pick 

Wrong.

Rowett is 8/21 or 7/19 if it's league only. 38 or 37% to the nearest whole number.

He was 4/8 after 8 games so he's getting worse results wise.

Thats a fact.

23 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think defance is not to blame but midfeild area or foward area. When they give ball away in silly area. But then puts them stright back under preasure.

correct but this is because we don't give our forwards any chance, because we just play the long ball over the midfield and hope it goes to our forwards and then the pressure just come straight back on us! When we do pass it around a bit we are ok we did it against hull and it shows in the score line

Over the past two or three seasons we have had serious problems standing up to strong, fit, aggressive sides, the Boro's  etc. We all have seen it and we all complained about it (bottlers etc.). Rowett is clearly trying to rectify that by asking his DCFC side to be as strong or stronger than these sides. That's why he was so elated after the Cardiff game, they stood up like men for 90 mins and actually dominated at the end........something we haven't done against physical sides, particularly away, for a long time.

Once the players have "got it" so to speak and they find the balance between the Hull City performance and the Cardiff City performance we are going to be a very difficult side for others to compete against.

Rowett is the first one in my opinion to really address this in a sensible way and to be frank it was always going to take a little time. Perhaps a little longer than he thought, hence some of the iffy performances. I still say we are on for a good season. UTR.

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Over the past two or three seasons we have had serious problems standing up to strong, fit, aggressive sides, the Boro's  etc. We all have seen it and we all complained about it (bottlers etc.). Rowett is clearly trying to rectify that by asking his DCFC side to be as strong or stronger than these sides. That's why he was so elated after the Cardiff game, they stood up like men for 90 mins and actually dominated at the end........something we haven't done against physical sides, particularly away, for a long time.

Once the players have "got it" so to speak and they find the balance between the Hull City performance and the Cardiff City performance we are going to be a very difficult side for others to compete against.

Rowett is the first one in my opinion to really address this in a sensible way and to be frank it was always going to take a little time. Perhaps a little longer than he thought, hence some of the iffy performances. I still say we are on for a good season. UTR.

Is that due to the opposition rather than us though? I think, which I'm sure I will be corrected if wrong have conceded quite a few goals in the latter parts of games this season.  It was a good second half performance, but we haven't had enough of these throughout the season, and there hasn't been enough from what I've seen to indicate a good season.  Hope I'm wrong.

Archived