GR - stick or twist

Spanish

13 minutes ago, Spanish said:

but would a thrashing on Sunday change your mind?

4 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Not really. We have made rash decisions in the past and it only sets us back further.

I wan't referring to football:D

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stick. 

Absolutely need a couple of years of stable management. Chopping, changing and overspending is exactly why the squad is so unbalanced. There's no quick fix.

Having said that, feeling very frustrated and fed up with the general status quo. Think we massively shot ourselves in the foot with our January transfer activity. 

we look like the West Brom of the championship at the moment, far too defensive and very old and weak players amongst our squad. For me Baird, Ledley and Nugent are all starting to look past it. We play with the same tactics whether were away or at home. I wonder if playing Palmer next to Huddlestone would work? Give us some pace and direction in the heart of midfield. I can see Sunday being a very poor game, i think Gary knows that the pressure is on and will not want to lose at all. For me Forest will be going into this on a high and i think Koranka will be braver than Gary with his tactics. Id rather go there and give it a go than sit back and lose it late on while creating nothing. Forest are 15th for a reason. I believe in luck/karma etc. were due a win, they're due a loss. we haven't beat them at their place for a while either? Derby win on the cards maybe hahahaha. Maybe going into the game not expecting much may help us as fans and as a team etc. Maybe they will play freely.

14 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

we look like the West Brom of the championship at the moment, far too defensive and very old and weak players amongst our squad. For me Baird, Ledley and Nugent are all starting to look past it. We play with the same tactics whether were away or at home. I wonder if playing Palmer next to Huddlestone would work? Give us some pace and direction in the heart of midfield. I can see Sunday being a very poor game, i think Gary knows that the pressure is on and will not want to lose at all. For me Forest will be going into this on a high and i think Koranka will be braver than Gary with his tactics. Id rather go there and give it a go than sit back and lose it late on while creating nothing. Forest are 15th for a reason. I believe in luck/karma etc. were due a win, they're due a loss. we haven't beat them at their place for a while either? Derby win on the cards maybe hahahaha. Maybe going into the game not expecting much may help us as fans and as a team etc. Maybe they will play freely.

No, Sunderland look like the West From of the Championship.

On 11/27/2017 at 14:08, RamNut said:

Selling hughes was mental but we don't really have orthodox midfielders anymore.

The two defensive midfielders sit deep and barely cross the half way line.

The three attacking midfielders are basically all strikers who are required to drop back and then run very fast as soon as we get the ball.

The central attacking no10 is more of an out and out threat, and the two wide attackers are less of a luxury than under the 433 system.

the number of defensive midfielders is doubled; the full backs don't attack as much and get better protection. 

result. We give up the midfield, sit deep to defend and then rely on a quarter back to launch missiles for whippets to chase.

it is working in terms of results but its not always great to watch.

as for FFP  the above assumptions from i-Ram  look reasonable,  but MM and the accounts bloke expressly denied it at the Silk Mill fans forum.

Brilliant description of Derby's "style"...it's American football. Awe-somme. :mellow:

Archived