Safe Standing Crowd Funding ** Win DCFC package **

therams69

Hi all

As promised please see the below...

Guys as you know Shrewsbury Town are crowd funding to become the first English club to introduce safe standing.

As part of this many football clubs have donated items to be auctioned.

Derby County have very kindly donated the below for the campaign...

Signed home shirt for 2017 / 2018

2 home match tickets for this season

2 Moor Farm training ground tour passes

All you need to do is donate £5 following the below link to stand a chance of winning all the above!

https://www.tifosy.com/safestanding?scout=12813#reward/636

Not only that but you will also be backing the safe standing campaign with the aim of helping Shrewsbury Town become the first club to introduce safe standing in England. This is a major step forward for the safe standing campaign and would hopefully open up the potential for other clubs to be able to introduce safe standing at there stadiums.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fed up of my 10 year old not being able to see at away games. 

Fed up that my 83 year old Dad doesn't want to go away anymore because he can't stand up for long enough.

I'm hoping that when (if) safe standing comes around there will still be seated areas for away fans. 

I'm also hoping that they will be stewarded properly so my Dad and my lad can actually see some football. 

27 minutes ago, Charlie Dram said:

Fed up of my 10 year old not being able to see at away games. 

Fed up that my 83 year old Dad doesn't want to go away anymore because he can't stand up for long enough.

I'm hoping that when (if) safe standing comes around there will still be seated areas for away fans. 

I'm also hoping that they will be stewarded properly so my Dad and my lad can actually see some football. 

Common sense eh! Who would have thought it!

Benefits everyone and at the end of the day, all about choice....

A few years ago, I had a varicose vein operation that went wrong and left me with a deep-vein thrombosis. Although I have made a full recovery and have had no trouble since, it is not a good idea for me to stand still in one place for an hour and a half with my weight on the leg. That is the reason I do not go to any away games,

Safe Standing is the perfect answer: those who like to stand can do so and people like me can live to see a few more games.

Safe standing won't solve the problem of people standing in the seats. It would only be introduced mainly as a small section for home fans, why will clubs pay for away fans comfort. Next you will never accurately get the numbers spot on. So some of the people who want to stand will be forced to sit or vice versa. It will lead to more rows with people standing in the seats being told to F off over there if you want to stand. Having said all that, I prefer to stand so will support it

When you go to away games around 80% of the fans are standing but not by choice. I reckon only half that amount want to stand and the rest are forced to/go along with the flow.

At Barnsley there were 4 lads stood with people sitting around them and they refused to sit down for a 60yr old bloke.

If there was a percentage of safe standing in away areas then stewards could enforce standing in seating areas a lot easier as there would be less people to deal with.

Its because of standing I dont go to away games, my dad is nearly 80 and cant stand through a whole game, and many others are the same, because of my medical condition I can also have the same issues.

I'd like to see seating enforced, and if this means safe standing great. Sadly as others have said this probably wont prevent those that dont think about other people and will continue to stand.

It isnt so bad at home games as you can pick and choose where you want to sit.

The league should really decide if they want to allow standing in seated areas or not, if its individuals that can be identified and they refuse to sir, throw them out. If its everyone then just give the club a warning, if the fans still dont sit ban them for so many games.

I know it affects those who didnt stand or didnt want to, and not much the club can do but surely if those fans who refuse to sit know they will not be able to go away if they continue to do so they might think about their actions.

All good points above guys...

Club officials and the league are powerless to stop fans from standing in seated areas. It's just impossible to manage. Hence why if they got there head out from the sand they could somewhat go to a way of solving it.

End of the day, it is not safe for fans to stand in current seated areas.

I support safe standing. As of now we don't have it so why do people feel they should stand? I have stood through away games and wanted to sit. There's my seat, can I sit? No. 

People who want to sit because they can't or don't want to stand should be able to, those who stand are being selfish. It's not going to hurt them is it? 

2 hours ago, therams69 said:

All good points above guys...

Club officials and the league are powerless to stop fans from standing in seated areas. It's just impossible to manage. Hence why if they got there head out from the sand they could somewhat go to a way of solving it.

End of the day, it is not safe for fans to stand in current seated areas.

Then why do we do it? 

All for it by the way....

But mate me and my dad like to stand up he is over 60 but like at brighton older lady she could not see so i was force to sit down was

Not happy about it. I think many derby fans are made to sit down at pp so when at away games people like to stand up mate.

I remmber chalton away a few seasons ago just because one disabled man could not see we were all made sit down and everyone was arguing with stwards he upset a little boy and i tried to cornfort him. But i remmber saying why not just open upper stand. Everyone who wanted to stand can and anyone who wants to sit stand can on lower stand by oh no they are not allowed to do this. Sometimes common scence does appley to some clubs. 

But why spoil everyone else fun.

I agree with a lot of the comments on here.

I attend most away games and there's a sort of unwritten rule that if you've purchased a seat near front you will likely get to sit; near back and you'll be standing. That rule breaks down when stands don't have much depth (Sheffield United away) or when a few at front insist on standing then everyone has to follow.

A rather famous  Derby fan carried on with large amounts of abusive behaviour to our fans and stewards last season at Sheffield Wednesday when the stewards asked him and his mates to move further back if they wanted to stand (there was loads of room, he was surrounded by older fans and families who were already seated as he came in after kick off, but he was having none of it.) Very unpleasant all round.

Although I quite like standing it's a bit of a lottery whether I can see the football - I am only 5ft 6 - and I get really intimidated when we get stuck in the middle of a gang of fans who pile in with their mates where no seats are available so you suddenly find yourself shunted up as there are about 12 of you standing in front of 8 seats. Hate that! When said fans starting toppling over several rows if we score and they land on you it isn't funny.

So all in all I can't wait for safe standing to arrive, will be better for everybody. 

Archived