Back to the jim smith days

wisdom,keogh,davies

anya,forsyth wing backs

thorne,huddlestone

lawrence

martin,vydra

subs

Mitchell,johnson,bryson,butterfield,nugent,weimann,russell

plenty of flexibility within the squad could change to 442 433 etc at any time would like to see butterfield/Bryson/weimann in the number 10 role when/if included

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Thameram said:

wisdom,keogh,davies

anya,forsyth wing backs

thorne,huddlestone

lawrence

martin,vydra

subs

plenty of flexibility within the squad could change to 442 433 etc at any time would like to see butterfield/Bryson/weimann in the number 10 role when/if included

Youv'e been drinking haven't you and the suns got to you.

time for a lie down

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Thameram said:

wisdom,keogh,davies

anya,forsyth wing backs

thorne,huddlestone

lawrence

martin,vydra

subs

Not bad, a slight tweak I would make is play Carson too...but yeah 3 at the back seems to be the in thing right now.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am not sure Hudders and George can play in the midfield together..no pace or mobility....

I don't think George lacks the speed or mobility that people make out.

1 hour ago, Hollybush said:

Youv'e been drinking haven't you and the suns got to you.

time for a lie down

What's so wrong with @Thameram has suggested ? I think it could work , I've been a huge fan of a back 3 since TBE was here and my football Italia days. Could really work with our squad since we have no proper wingers ( bar Lawrence maybe who could also play as a 10).

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What will 3 at the back help us with that we lack?

Genuine question.

When Forsyth is putting crosses in row z at least the ball won't be in our half.

30 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What will 3 at the back help us with that we lack?

Genuine question.

Giving keogh more support:ph34r:

But seriously there's more to football tactics than just formations, imo we can go up playing 4231 with the spine of the team currently in place if we set the formation up correctly. Thats where a manager really earns his money, any of us football manager wannabes can go and stick some counters on a tactics board in a formation and tell the player " go play like that", but setting individual roles, style of play, opposition instructions is more important and more difficult. That's where we're going wrong at the moment, who knows whether it's Gary setting the players up wrong or the players not listening mind.

That being said I'd love to see us give a 343 a go, absolute love the dynamic of that formation again if set up correctly with the right personnel. Not worth doing though unless it really suits our players, and I'm not sure it does.

We should of tried it against Grimsby.

The idea of 3 at the back is to get more players in forward positions get the wing backs playing as wingers and the front 3 can play closer together.

Perhaps then Martin is the answer in the front 3 if you can stop him sulking i actually think it may work.

Archived