Callum McManaman - Signed for Sunderland

Sexydadbod

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Still don't see a huge difference in what he can offer in comparison to Russell and Weimann. I was hoping we'd bring in someone who can create plenty of chances or who will score the goals from right wing that Ince did, not another winger who will work hard. If we trust McManaman to rediscover his form of 3+ years ago from his time at Wigan, I'd hope our fans would be patient enough to give Russell the chance to rediscover his form of 1-2 years ago. 

Did mc  Manaman actual have much actual good form? Or is he better known for making horrendous tackles getting sent off and being fairly vile and diving over a blade of grass - I know I don't like him as a player and why do so many clubs want to not use him? 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Did mc  Manaman actual have much actual good form? Or is he better known for making horrendous tackles getting sent off and being fairly vile and diving over a blade of grass - I know I don't like him as a player and why do so many clubs want to not use him? 

I seem to remember him having a decent period during the season Wigan had cup run and he was often one of the better players in their big cup upsets, but since his move to West Brom he's not made much of an impact in the Prem or during his loan spell at Wednesday and his last league goal came in November 2014. Even if he would only cost a couple of million, I'd still hope we could find someone better for that fee.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

I seem to remember him having a decent period during the season Wigan had cup run and he was often one of the better players in their big cup upsets, but since his move to West Brom he's not made much of an impact in the Prem or during his loan spell at Wednesday and his last league goal came in November 2014. Even if he would only cost a couple of million, I'd still hope we could find someone better for that fee.

Fair enough, sheff Wednesday weren't interested in playing him last season while he was there on loan and it seems like a dud to me

19 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

The big difference though, is that Russell and Weimann are both strikers who have been forced to become wingers. McManaman is a wideman through and through, and the type of player that we could do with, especially with Lawrence on the other flank.

In an interview after the Preston game GR suggested we needed similar players to the likes of Weimann as it's probably asking too much of him to keep that work rate up for 3 games in a week. 

Archived