U23's v Arsenal on Rams tv for free

ram59

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only saw the last 20 mins but Zanzala looked decent and Luke Thomas could be the Jamie Ward replacement we never got

Looked like the opposite of the first team, dangerous going forward but shaky at the back. Could've easily won the game by the sounds of it

There are a few players I wouldn't mind throwing in the deep end.

Elsnik would offer more intent than Butterfield and Bryson.

Zanzala and Gordon would be far more effective than Johnny Russell.

Forget promotion, it realistically isn't going to happen any time soon without chucking serious money at it, start blooding some of these youngsters.

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There are a few players I wouldn't mind throwing in the deep end.

Elsnik would offer more intent than Butterfield and Bryson.

Zanzala and Gordon would be far more effective than Johnny Russell.

Forget promotion, it realistically isn't going to happen any time soon without chucking serious money at it, start blooding some of these youngsters.

Every time I see Elsnik play, the more I'm convinced he's ready to make the step up. I'd definitely be looking to start him against Grimsby.

4 minutes ago, John Doe said:

Every time I see Elsnik play, the more I'm convinced he's ready to make the step up. I'd definitely be looking to start him against Grimsby.

Eventually were just going to have to take a gamble and give somebody a chance. With a bit of luck a couple midfielders will come down with a stomach bug the day of the Grimsby game.

Remember James Bailey getting injured early on in a season and a very young Jeff Hendrick coming on to replace him, the rest is history but young players need that chance! 

Not sure about Zanzala on todays showing. Just felt his control and decision making let him down, however, Elsnik showed some class touches today and surely can't be overlooked for much longer. We need some of his slide rule passes, unfortunately we also need someone to run on to the end of them too.

I went to this one as did hundreds of others.

I was impressed by Callum Guy at left back and Alex Babos in midfield and the goalkeeper Josh Barnes played well, very good long accurate kicking.

I saw Eric Steele, Paul Simpson, Gareth Southgate, John Barton, Kevin Phillips, Rory Delap and the Qatar national team there. Look forward to going next time.

2 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

I went to this one as did hundreds of others.

I was impressed by Callum Guy at left back and Alex Babos in midfield and the goalkeeper Josh Barnes played well, very good long accurate kicking.

I saw Eric Steele, Paul Simpson, Gareth Southgate, John Barton, Kevin Phillips, Rory Delap and the Qatar national team there. Look forward to going next time.

Gave you a like but it was Calum MacDonald at left back - moved to CDM when Bird got injured. Good player, though. Callum Guy still out, I'm afraid. 

I thought the young lads gave a very good show of themselves. With a bit of luck we could have easily beaten a very strong and experienced Arsenal side.It was a shame about the injury's which seemed to disturb us after we had been on top.

If they keep playing like this they should be comfortably clear of any relegation worrys this year.

There's definite promise for the future with a number of players in our side.

Archived