Under 23

What is the point of having under 23 , 18 . , these kids have talent , give them a chance, why pay millions for presumed top young talent ? Loan.

when it's on your doorstep, or training ground , OR the big dream premier league yo-yo club , finances are out of control in football

The big dream ?, appease the fans (sad) give them a chance please

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Elsnik might have been worth a squad number when they were issued, just a bit of a carrot dangler, we know about you and we'll be keeping tabs on your progress type of thing. Everybody likes a boost to their confidence in the workplace don't they ?

Yes Gary sees them most days , also his super expensive car ,, Use the under 23-18 or get rid , what is the point

tell the youngsters to go elsewhere, not going to get a game because we are bringing in a younger loan from super club.

seems popular , crap, ( Thomas crapper inventor of the flush Water closet)

I think a more sensible suggestion would be more u23 players spending half a season on loan. 

However in recent times ffnly Guy has shone on loan. Bennett (on mire than one occasion) Vernam Zanzala Rawson Roos and one or two more all struggled on loan. Mainly they couldn't cope with the physicality/intensity and got injured. 

If an u23 doesn't impress in a lower league he won't make our team. 

23 minutes ago, sage said:

I think a more sensible suggestion would be more u23 players spending half a season on loan. 

However in recent times ffnly Guy has shone on loan. Bennett (on mire than one occasion) Vernam Zanzala Rawson Roos and one or two more all struggled on loan. Mainly they couldn't cope with the physicality/intensity and got injured. 

If an u23 doesn't impress in a lower league he won't make our team. 

How did Rawson struggle exactly? And teddy s took Zanzala to Stevenage where he got injured. You can't just lump them all together. If we aren't going to promote our youth we should scrap the academy and go with a Brentford approach 

2 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

If they're good enough they'd be playing. Gary sees them everyday in training 

You may be right but I'm not convinced that's the case, simply because we have far too many senior pros. It's already tough to leave people out on game day, but I suspect there'd be a lot of agitation in the dressing room if big earners aren't getting picked but the youth is. Rowett has to manage the dressing room through the season and can't afford unrest amongst the seniors, so may choose not to play the juniors even if theyd be better in football terms.

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

How did Rawson struggle exactly? And teddy s took Zanzala to Stevenage where he got injured. You can't just lump them all together. If we aren't going to promote our youth we should scrap the academy and go with a Brentford approach 

Sheringham got sacked as well which didn't help his cause.

Rawson had a very good loan at Rotherham, then a mediocre loan with them, then got dumped by Warnock as he wanted experienced thugs, sorry, players, then he had a bit of a mare at Coventry. Vernam also got injured at Coventry but did quite well with the Icelandic team.

Archived