Gary still assessing this squad

Curtains

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

First game or not he should have known that hoofing it to Martin and giving him next to no support or service is just plain stupid.

Defenders either hoofed it due to pressure or that the midfielders were to close to them - Huddlestone Johnson and Butterfield 

Just now, Sparkle said:

Defenders either hoofed it due to pressure or that the midfielders were to close to them - Huddlestone Johnson and Butterfield 

Sorry I don't agree. To me it looked it was clearly tactical to put the ball up into the air for Martin to challenge or to put the ball behind the Sunderland full back for Russell/Wiemann. There were too many times were without pressure a defender would just lump it up there.

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Sorry I don't agree. To me it looked it was clearly tactical to put the ball up into the air for Martin to challenge or to put the ball behind the Sunderland full back for Russell/Wiemann. There were too many times were without pressure a defender would just lump it up there.

I am half there, I think we are going to clearly going to put the ball in behind the full backs which is absolutely fine for your Russell wieman and whoever to use to their strengths and I think our opponents won't like that at all or it will force them back

in terms of hitting it to Martin or whoever just to challenge for the ball it would be unlikely to prove successful 

Sunderland just down from the Premier League had James Vaughn up top!!.

We have Martin, Vydra, Nugent and Bent. Weimann can also play there. 

Its not about more options up front..its about getting some quality on the wing and sticking with a formation...but that team can compete already. 

With the players we have already though we could go all 2017 and go for 3 centre backs. Putting my tin hat on.

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies

Anya (or JR) Forsyth

Thorne (or BJ) Hudds

Vydra Nugent

Martin

Some interesting opinions and none are really wrong, all hit the spot in some way or another. 

Russell is clearly an issue just does not deliver final ball, Butterfield I've just never understood and I like the quote above which mentions Bryson if new signing isn't forthcoming and Nugent. 

On strikers we are incapable of playing off the shoulder, defence splitting through balls as the pace isn't there. Ultimately that type of striker will make Huddlestones passing options so much easier. 

All comments opinions take us back to same subject.........The need to move out seemingly vastly depreiciating assets. 

55 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Some interesting opinions and none are really wrong, all hit the spot in some way or another. 

Russell is clearly an issue just does not deliver final ball, Butterfield I've just never understood and I like the quote above which mentions Bryson if new signing isn't forthcoming and Nugent. 

On strikers we are incapable of playing off the shoulder, defence splitting through balls as the pace isn't there. Ultimately that type of striker will make Huddlestones passing options so much easier. 

All comments opinions take us back to same subject.........The need to move out seemingly vastly depreiciating assets. 

Didn't Russell provide the assist on Friday?

In terms of needing to move players on I really don't see the problem (other than them using up the wage bill).

If the players are as poor as everyone says then we won't be getting any fees for them to contribute to new signings.

For me one or two new signings are required and hopefully a more exciting brand of football at Pride Park.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Didn't Russell provide the assist on Friday?

In terms of needing to move players on I really don't see the problem (other than them using up the wage bill).

If the players are as poor as everyone says then we won't be getting any fees for them to contribute to new signings.

For me one or two new signings are required and hopefully a more exciting brand of football at Pride Park.

A deflected assist, yes. :ph34r:

GR knows exactly what he's got and I personally think a point on Friday was a good result. It's clear he's after a wide player who can drift in and play up top with the striker. If I was Anya,Blackman I would be thinking my future lies away from Derby. The midfield choice between Bryson/butterfield is the one problem call he is unsure of. Even though butterfield didn't have the greatest of games on Friday I still think he's the one who could be the surprise package this year. That said I've no doubt Bryson will play midweek and a good performance from him may well see him in the starting team next Saturday. 

45 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

It was deflected otherwise wieman or Martin would have scored which would still be an assist and it was a pleasant change to see someone gettting to the bye line on several occasions for us.

Rowett for me deserves the same patience and time as Nigel clough got. Arguably he has a better squad than clough inherited but his job is similar, bring the wage bill down, save money but still try to keep us competitive. He has a squad where numerous mistakes have been made in recruitment, pretty much starting from January of the 2015 season. 

Constantly we are told how bad our players are from derby fans yet it's the same fans who seem to expect fluid performances and challenging at the top of the league. If he can't get these players to consistently play well, he is the 5th manager in about 2 years who has had this same problem. He needs time to get rid of players who don't fit in here and build the team he wants. Sadly for the impatient Derby fans this may take more than one season. 

16 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Bet GR is well happy he sold Hughes and ince after that performance! Mason Bennett must be pi$$ed off after weimann started before him after being probs our best winger in pre season!

Rowett's just doing it to wind you up.

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Rowett for me deserves the same patience and time as Nigel clough got. Arguably he has a better squad than clough inherited but his job is similar, bring the wage bill down, save money but still try to keep us competitive. He has a squad where numerous mistakes have been made in recruitment, pretty much starting from January of the 2015 season. 

Constantly we are told how bad our players are from derby fans yet it's the same fans who seem to expect fluid performances and challenging at the top of the league. If he can't get these players to consistently play well, he is the 5th manager in about 2 years who has had this same problem. He needs time to get rid of players who don't fit in here and build the team he wants. Sadly for the impatient Derby fans this may take more than one season. 

Fair comment.

I'm more than happy to see him build his own team but want to be entertained at the same time.

If he's sold our best footballing players and intends for us to be a long ball team, then I think a lot of fans will be irritated.

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

I'm not Johnny's biggest fan...and as usual his final ball wasnt great. But come on! Credit where credit's due, he created the goal...and in that 5 seconds did more that Weimann the whole time he was on. I would Weimann to prove to prove me wrong but he just doesn't look the part.

51 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I'm not Johnny's biggest fan...and as usual his final ball wasnt great. But come on! Credit where credit's due, he created the goal...and in that 5 seconds did more that Weimann the whole time he was on. I would Weimann to prove to prove me wrong but he just doesn't look the part.

I think it was Huddlestone's vision and pin point accuracy that created the opportunity. 

58 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

To be fair that's why I used the emoji I used. Tongue in cheek. 

Archived