Grimsby Town v Derby County - Match day thread

Kernow

7 minutes ago, kyle mccabe said:

Facts...Tell me the last time you re-call him doing this in the championship. Yes he has scored goals and credit to him but really feel his days of doing that will decline. We need fresh energetic strike force

Oh yes, the much fresher David Nugent who is 3 years older... recall Martin doing what, running in behind? I don't, that's not his game. I do however, have many memories of him scoring shedloads of goals, which he will continue to do without clueless ''fans'' like you supporting him. 

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well lets see how many he scores.. his game is the ball to feet and needing younger quicker players making runs of him.. Agreed? This has become predictable from us , teams park the bus and because we don't offer the ball over the top marking him becomes easy

28 minutes ago, kyle mccabe said:

Facts...Tell me the last time you re-call him doing this in the championship. Yes he has scored goals and credit to him but really feel his days of doing that will decline. We need fresh energetic strike force

That's clearly not one of Martin's strengths so why do you care?! 

I'm all for having different strikers but there aint none like Martin in the squad so I don't see the issue. If we want someone to go in behind we've got Nugent who is more than good enough. 

6 minutes ago, kyle mccabe said:

The concern is that this has become very predictable and teams have learnt this. It was only last season we were saying how hard we are now finding it to break through teams and I can see this continueing . We really need to move on from Martin 

We didn't have Martin last season bro. Of course we didn't break teams down, we had Darren Bent leading the line normally stood 2 yards offside. 

If teams have cottoned on then it's down to Gary Rowett to make us less predictable. Martin's a good player at this level, consistently seems to prove people wrong. I see no reason why he can't do it once again. 

17 hours ago, kyle mccabe said:

The concern is that this has become very predictable and teams have learnt this. It was only last season we were saying how hard we are now finding it to break through teams and I can see this continueing . We really need to move on from Martin 

Hold on....we didn't have Chris Martin last season,no wonder teams thought we were predictable and we found it hard to break teams down...

Confused Bill Cosby 08082017082557.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We have three very forwards available for the championship in Martin Nugent and Vydra which makes us anything but predictable the main issue will be supplying them properly 

Exactly...plus in 2014/15 we were knackered when cm was injured and had no replacement...now we have Nugent to step into the breach and vydra will be effective with either of them.

Archived