Derby County Podcast Ending

TheDeadlySaul

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no!!!!!!

Absolutely gutted! 

Thank you all, especially Joel, for providing such a great podcast. I looked forward to every episode. It was full of insight and intelligence and I will miss it hugely. 

Good luck for the future Joel and co. 

You will be missed!

Very disappointing. Fantastic job Joel Chris Jonathan and Luke ... Very professional job you all did. It was my favourite DCFC media and I couldn't get enough of it. Hopefully we can find a way to revive it and carry it foreward somehow. 

Ninos

Thanks for your comments on here and through my Twitter feed, genuinely didn't expect the reaction the announcement got.

Like I said in the post, it's purely down to time but there's a lot of potential for it to be better. I'd have loved to have it recorded in a studio or even in the same room (!) but it wasn't to be.

Perhaps if situations change further down the line then it'll be brought back and that's not to say that there won't be the odd one dropped in now and again but I can't commit to it weekly any more.

If any of you are interested in taking it on then drop me a message on here.

Thanks again.

Sick as the proverbial parrot when I read this as well. Really enjoyed the podcasts and looked forward to them coming through after the games. Was good to be enlightened on the finer aspects of the matches that had passed me by.

Well done on all your efforts and here's hoping they do make a comeback...

A podcast is something I spoke about with Boycie a few months before this one started. Think it was Rynny I did a few tests on sound through Google hangouts as Boycie was absolutely useless trying to talk him through it.

The idea was to bring a different member on each week, get to know them a bit more and mixed in with Derby talk, trying to bring some humour into it. Also wanted it in video format so it could be uploaded to YouTube as well as Podcast to put faces to usernames

Never really got it going as I met a new woman who's housemate was the assistant manager down a pub in Cleethorpes where I found myself most nights propping up the bar on cheap drinks and then this one started up.

Could maybe look at revisiting the idea, although it wouldn't be after each match or anything and would need to get something figured out with recording on Skype which I'm guessing would be easier to get people on

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

A podcast is something I spoke about with Boycie a few months before this one started. Think it was Rynny I did a few tests on sound through Google hangouts as Boycie was absolutely useless trying to talk him through it.

The idea was to bring a different member on each week, get to know them a bit more and mixed in with Derby talk, trying to bring some humour into it. Also wanted it in video format so it could be uploaded to YouTube as well as Podcast to put faces to usernames

Never really got it going as I met a new woman who's housemate was the assistant manager down a pub in Cleethorpes where I found myself most nights propping up the bar on cheap drinks and then this one started up.

Could maybe look at revisiting the idea, although it wouldn't be after each match or anything and would need to get something figured out with recording on Skype which I'm guessing would be easier to get people on

Looks like there's clearly a market for it. Think the forum aspect would bring something different to it.

2 hours ago, Daveo said:

Like the idea of that, like it a lot.

If I was going to drone on about how I'd go about doing that, it would be a lot like this...

Have a set cast of you and one of your lieutenants (reckon one-on-one podcasts can be a bit tricky if both people aren't 100% comfortable/confident), then bring someone new in is what I'd suggest.

Ask a set of questions to each guest member, 'first Derby memory', 'favourite Derby player', favourite Derby game', 'worst Derby player you've seen', 'favourite forum memory/thread', 'favourite goal' etc

Then go on to some recent Derby talk, reaction to last game, similar to what Joel and co did. Podcast would probably look to be about 40 mins to 1 hour long?

5 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

@Joel hope you stay active on Twitter, yours is definitely one of the better Derby twitter accounts out there. Thanks for the podcast, my favourite will always be the end of last season when McClaren just got torn to shreds a bit.

Thanks mate. The Twitter page and blog will keep running, just not the podcast.

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you after a podcast fix, The Ramcast have put out their first pod today. Well worth a listen here: https://soundcloud.com/the-ramcast/ramcast-ep1/s-6mME2

And for those of you not aware, this has been set up since I ended the DCFC Podcast. Luke, who was a regular, has set it up so there's a familiar voice for you there. Their Twitter account is here too: https://twitter.com/The_Ram_Cast

Archived