Gary talks about new season

Curtains

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it interesting how we've gone from wanting to bring in a "very very high quality replacement" for Ince, and wanting to bring in "2 or 3" new attacking options, to the "I don't know if it's essential" line today.

To me it looks like Rowett is having a hard time in the market.

IMG_0735.PNG

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I find it interesting how we've gone from wanting to bring in a "very very high quality replacement" for Ince, and wanting to bring in "2 or 3" new attacking options, to the "I don't know if it's essential" line today.

IMG_0735.PNG

Sounds like he is nearly done for August transfer window incomings 

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

IMG_0735.PNG

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Doesn't sound good. I think he'll regret not overpaying a little to get a winger when we're 5-10 games in and haven't scored enough. 

5 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Doesn't sound good. I think he'll regret not overpaying a little to get a winger when we're 5-10 games in and haven't scored enough. 

Our most successful season of the 'new' Derby era was 2013/14. That season we had bamford, ward, Dawkins and Russell. 

The goals came from Chrissy Martin and Bryson that year. So who's to say that CM won't score 25 again and someone like Johnson/butters won't chip in with the rest. 

Gary knows what he's doing, if not then we'll be no worse off for it

44 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Our most successful season of the 'new' Derby era was 2013/14. That season we had bamford, ward, Dawkins and Russell. 

The goals came from Chrissy Martin and Bryson that year. So who's to say that CM won't score 25 again and someone like Johnson/butters won't chip in with the rest. 

Gary knows what he's doing, if not then we'll be no worse off for it

Whilst I sorta see your point we aren't as strong as we were in 13/14. The only area were the current side is stronger is defence and we have better cover up front and at CDM. Other than that we are much weaker in midfield and in the wide forward positions, with the crop of players you mentioned comfortably better than what we have currently. 

16 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Or maybe Bryson himself?:whistle:

As much as I'd like to hope so, there is very little evidence that Bryson can sustain that kinda performance level over a season anymore. He looks a yard slower, seemingly picks up quite a few niggly injuries and when it comes back it takes him 3 or 4 games to get back up to speed.

i like the fact he says they'll discuss how many points they need for top 2 or top 6 after august games/10 games etc.

too many managers just churn out cliche after cliche...were not looking at the table, take each game as it comes...

got a lot of confidence in our defence, rowett himself, huddlestone. just concerns over attacking midfield and goals at the minute, hopefully we can add 1 or 2 in that area and we should have a good season

6 hours ago, David said:

The non commissioned officer below Captain Obvious 

Don't forget general malaise,, he has a part to play in this

I think we have a cracking foundation with genuine strength through the spine of our team. Back 5 are strong with decent cover. Huddkestone & Thorne are two of the best deep lying play makers in the division. Martin, Nuge and Vydra have plenty of goals in them. Where we are lacking right now is a top creative player at 10 or the wing. It's clearly a known priority for GR but I like that we're holding out for the right player at the right price. We've been mugged in the last few windows, so I have no problem making sure the deal is right. As it stands we'll be tough to beat and that's not a bad platform...

38 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

I think we have a cracking foundation with genuine strength through the spine of our team. Back 5 are strong with decent cover. Huddkestone & Thorne are two of the best deep lying play makers in the division. Martin, Nuge and Vydra have plenty of goals in them. Where we are lacking right now is a top creative player at 10 or the wing. It's clearly a known priority for GR but I like that we're holding out for the right player at the right price. We've been mugged in the last few windows, so I have no problem making sure the deal is right. As it stands we'll be tough to beat and that's not a bad platform...

Shoukd also add that in the meantime Rowett will uses the players at his disposal to make up for a lack of creativity. Expect us to be a bit more direct, more high press and with greater emphasis on forcing mistakes and creating openings through errors. Might not be the total football we all want to see but it's clear Rowett will be pragmatic and eek out the most of what he has at his disposal.

7 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

IMG_0735.PNG

Every teams recruitment is having a hard time if you don't want to have your pants pulled down!

Archived