really need a player to run at opposition

kyle mccabe

Today really showed that one up top makes us very predictable. Martin is never going to out run a defence. So every ball has to be to feet and this becomes easy to defend. We really need a player that is willing to run at the opposition and open there defence

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, kyle mccabe said:

Today really showed that one up top makes us very predictable. Martin is never going to out run a defence. So every ball has to be to feet and this becomes easy to defend. We really need a player that is willing to run at the opposition and open there defence

Hey now! Stop watching games and believe instead what's written on this forum: Get behind the wardrobe because he is a world class striker*

* at this level

6 hours ago, kyle mccabe said:

It's kinda what happens when you sell the two best dribblers in the squad in ince and Hughes. Combine that with selling Hendrick last year and we truly do lack players who can pick up the ball and drive at the opposition. 

8 hours ago, Saturn5 said:

Think all 4 of Russell, Anya, Bennett and Weimann will run at defenders, only thing was today they were decent defenders and very well organised - Sunderland and the like will be less so (hopefully)

I think you are confusing running at with running into.

I'm afraid young Mason remains too naive at this level, giving the ball away and making silly challenges.

The other three will rarely trouble defenders, though they are all undoubtedly triers.

It pains me to say but imho we are going to struggle to score goals unless we get someone creative in midfield and on the wings. I am in no way an expert on football matters, but it seems obvious to me that if your forwards are not given the ball in the right areas and at the right time they aint gonna score. Granted, Huddlestones vision with diagonal balls from deep and balls over the top is an improvement on what we had, but I just don't see us having the skills in midfield to help us get the goals.:(

Oh dear we are back to the "very predictable" moans already and the season hasn't started. Lighten up, see how we go in the first few games then call for Rowett ,Martin, Russell, Keogh, Baird Blackman and Anya to go. Should be doable before the window closes!

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I think you are confusing running at with running into.

I'm afraid young Mason remains too naive at this level, giving the ball away and making silly challenges.

The other three will rarely trouble defenders, though they are all undoubtedly triers.

Agree as none of them can either finish particularly well or produce a final ball 

They are there to hassle and press 

Archived