Name the A & B teams for Donny/Port Vale

RoyMac5

For Donny - Team A

Carson, Wisdom, Keogh (if fit), Davies, Forsyth, Huddz, Bryson, Weimann, Nugent, Martin, Russell

subs: Bennet, Elsnick

For PV - Team B

Mitchell, Baird, Hanson, Pearce, Olsonn, Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Vydra (if fit), Bent, Anya

subs: Hanson, MacDonald

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

For Donny - Team A

Carson, Wisdom, Keogh (if fit), Davies, Forsyth, Huddz, Bryson, Weimann, Nugent, Martin, Russell

subs: Bennet, Elsnick

For PV - Team B

Mitchell, Baird, Hanson, Pearce, Olsonn, Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Vydra (if fit), Bent, Anya

subs: Hanson, MacDonald

Swap Russell for Bennett in Team A and you're probably not far off. If all our wingers are fit there's no way it's Bennett on the bench.

A

Carson Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth Huddlestone Bryson Russell Martin Anya Nugent

Bennett McDonald Rawson Guy

B)

Mitchell Baird Hanson Pearce Olsson Butterfield Johnson Blackman Vydra Weimann Bent

Stabana Lowe Vernam Zanzala Semedos

Bit different approach. If players would be judged over these two friendlies so far, it would make different team than expected first team. Forget the name on the shirt should be the method if everyone is really having same opportunity to impress. Therefore Huddlestone ain't in this team yet.

Carson/Mitchell (no differences really as neither are properly tested)

Baird Keogh Davies Olsson (this was easy)

Elsnik ?  (Tough one, none of Bryson, Johnson or Butters has played well so far)

Bennett Weimann Anya (I'l put three wingers here as Vydra has been disappointing and Russell horrible so far. Not much difference with the chosen trio)

Martin (Another easy decision)

Doncaster team

Carson wisdom keogh pearce olsson johnson bryson bennett russell nugent martin 

Port vale team

Mitchell baird hanson davies Forsyth butterfield elsnik anya vydra weimann bent 

#itk

Lolz forgot about Huddlestone, but ill stick by my teams 

Donny:

Carson
Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth
      Huddlestone Butterfield
Blackman    Weimann     Anya
                      Martin

Vale:

Mitchell
Baird Hanson Pearce Olsson
         Johnson Bryson
Bennett      Vydra        Russell
                  Nugent

Carson, Baird, Keogh, Pearce, Forsyth, Huddlestone, Bryson, Bennett, Nugent, Anya, Martin

Mitchell, Wisdom, Hanson, Davies, Olsson, Johnson, Butterfield, Weimann, Vydra, Blackman, Bent

Still think he will want to see how different partnerships work, umm-ed and err-ed over Keogh and Hanson then Vydra and Nugent and also which 2 centre midfielders would be in which team

A-Team -

Carson

Wisdom Keogh (fitness permitting*) Davies Fozzy

Huddlestone (45mins fitness Elsnik to replace) Johnson

Bennett Nugent Vydra (fitness permitting+)

Martin 

* If Keogh not fit Pearce promoted to A team

+ If Vydra not fit would promote Weiman to A-team

B-Team -

Mitchell

Baird Hanson Pearce* Olsson

Bryson Butterfield

Russell Weiman (if moved to A-team Blackman) Anya

Bent

* If Pearce promoted to A-team Baird Rawson in to Centre half

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Carson, Baird, Keogh, Pearce, Forsyth, Huddlestone, Johnson, Bennett, Vydra, Anya, Martin

Mitchell, Wisdom, Hanson, Davies, Olsson, Bryson, Butterfield, Weimann, Nugent, Blackman, Bent

Still think he will want to see how different partnerships work, umm-ed and err-ed over Keogh and Hanson then Vydra and Nugent and also which 2 centre midfielders would be in which team

Even though at this stage I think Nugents higher in the pecking order, I want Vydra to play in the team with Martin, personally.

Also want to see Johnson free of the responsibility of DM.

In truth I think the teams will continue to be more of a mix of pecking order levels, but I'd like to see those partnerships specifically. 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Even though at this stage I think Nugents higher in the pecking order, I want Vydra to play in the team with Martin, personally.

Also want to see Johnson free of the responsibility of DM.

In truth I think the teams will continue to be more of a mix of pecking order levels, but I'd like to see those partnerships specifically. 

I think the plan was to see all possible partnerships before tomorrow's games but with Vydra getting a knock it altered the plans. Also wouldn't surprise me if Johnson and Bryson swapped over, in fact any combination is possible with the midfield.

Archived