Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite from a Hull forum 

In Black Hawk Down there's a line that goes "we just lost the initiative". 

That's how I feel. 

£2m for a player of Tom Huddlestones class is the worst joke I have heard in a very long time. 

As with my two chums above, a stand out player on a level with Geo, Parker, Wagstaff and only one or two similar. 

A truly talented player and so happy to have seen him in black and amber. At 30 he has bags of ability left. A sad day for us. 

Thanks Tom. 

Just now, DcFc Dyycheee said:

I'm hoping we do one of those cringe videos when we announce the signing. 

I'd like to see the similar video as Southampton. ?

1 minute ago, curtains said:

This bloated squad gets bigger and bigger 

Last month you was moaning how long it's taken to sign anyone, now this squad is getting bigger.

I'm no mathematician but 3 in 3 out, are we talking bigger in weight as Huddlestone is a big guy I'll give you that but in terms of squad size, isn't it the same?

In: Huddlestone, Davies, Wisdom

Out: Camara, Hughes, Ince

Just now, Penelope Pendrex said:

Just to wind up Daveo. Also because those videos are fun and people who don't like them are old whingers

It won't wind me up although I would be utterly disgusted with the club and will make a formal complaint.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

This bloated squad gets bigger and bigger 

Is there an order to which we should be working towards? So many out before we decide to buy? Or do we do the deals we can when we can?

Do we get rid of all the players we don't want before bringing in the players we do want, then have to pay over the odds and risk missing out on players? Or do we sign the players that we want and need and risk selling players under their value because we are desperate to get rid?

What is the right answer? Do you not trust Rowett?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Last month you was moaning how long it's taken to sign anyone, now this squad is getting bigger.

I'm no mathematician but 3 in 3 out, are we talking bigger in weight as Huddlestone is a big guy I'll give you that but in terms of squad size, isn't it the same?

3 in, 4 out. Christie left too. Plenty of time to shift some more. Key thing has gone to be having the right players, not the right numbers.

Just now, SouthernRam said:

3 in, 4 out. Christie left too. Plenty of time to shift some more. Key thing has gone to be having the right players, not the right numbers.

Like I say, I'm no mathematician ?

5 minutes ago, David said:

Christie?

23 minutes ago, David said:

Rowett said himself we need more outs and we do or the U23s might as well not exist 

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

Rowett said himself we need more outs and we do or the U23s might as well not exist 

Let's talk about what you said though, how is the squad bigger and more bloated?

4 out, 3 in.

Archived