Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder who or what he is frustrated with?

The selling teams playing games, Derby failing to close a deal, or players not committing to signing?

I say the same cheesy saying every window, if you fish from the same pond as every other club you will be lucky to get a bite.  If you fish from the pond only you and a few friends know about you will have more success. I.E: pay the scouts to get abroad and find targets, you can't keep using Albentosa and Camara as reasons not to do it.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I wonder who or what he is frustrated with?

The selling teams playing games, Derby failing to close a deal, or players not committing to signing?

I say the same cheesy saying every window, if you fish from the same pond as every other club you will be lucky to get a bite.  If you fish from the pond only you and a few friends know about you will have more success. I.E: pay the scouts to get abroad and find targets, you can't keep using Albentosa and Camara as reasons not to do it.

I agree. We seem to be restricting ourselves to competing for known quantities.

When was the last time a player turned up at the club that none of us had heard of and blew us all away?

I'd like to happen again...one day soon...please.

3 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

When was the last time a player turned up at the club that none of us had heard of and blew us all away?

Bueno, maybe?

I can't understand why people get so worked up over a player they have probably seen play live a couple of times and watched his highlights on youtube.

Most Derby fans probably only saw him play for Ipswich against us and even then only actually bothered to look at him when he had the ball at his feet and didn't notice what sort of player he was off the ball, yet loads get worked up and insist he is the best thing since sliced bread and demand that the club pay whatever money Leicester demand for him or we are lacking in ambition or are just dragging our feet. I'll leave the scouting to the people that haven't based the decisions on youtube clips and I'll leave the finances to the people who actually have to dip into their bank accounts for a few million per season rather than those of us who just stump up a weeks wage for a season ticket.

6 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

7 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I can't understand why people get so worked up over a player they have probably seen play live a couple of times and watched his highlights on youtube.

Most Derby fans probably only saw him play for Ipswich against us and even then only actually bothered to look at him when he had the ball at his feet and didn't notice what sort of player he was off the ball, yet loads get worked up and insist he is the best thing since sliced bread and demand that the club pay whatever money Leicester demand for him or we are lacking in ambition or are just dragging our feet. I'll leave the scouting to the people that haven't based the decisions on youtube clips and I'll leave the finances to the people who actually have to dip into their bank accounts for a few million per season rather than those of us who just stump up a weeks wage for a season ticket.

That's one way of looking at it. But then the Leicester fans rate him, the Leicester staff wouldn't like to lose him and Ipswich fans are saying silly stuff like the next Bale (obviously a bit OTT). I think he's better than what we currently have flair wise quite clearly, 11 goals and 11 assists at Ipswich is not bad going at all.

4 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Good point. He was fantastic on his day. A real surprise package.

When we played to his strengths in that 4-2-3-1 with Kuqi holding it up he was magic.

That system even made Cywka look a player.

He also went on to play for Porto, kind of showed he was a really good player. Had everything apart from pace.

2 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Why is everyone in such hurry for signings.

If, GR went out and signed Jota,Toral,James,McCormack, Lawrence and every other Tom Dick or Harry we been linked with.

How would we pass our time ?

Suggestions on post card to the forum.

By making a new thread every day to post our poorly formatted squads for next season, or the odd thread about how our squad is too bloated mixed in with some hate on Russell and Bryson, I'd imagine.

6 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Ipswich fans have done nothing but rave about him and say they'd be down without him.

I always judge players on what season ticket holders at their previous club say. 

Reading weren't bothered about Blackman.

Archived