Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

9 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Do Leicester want to sell him or don't they? If they do want to sell him how much do they want? If Derby can't afford it or don't want to pay it move on. Rowett has sold last year's top goal scorer and failed to replace him. In fact we only have two wingers at the club because he got rid of the other two. The season starts on Friday 4 August and he still hasn't secured his top target. I'm concerned.

Leicester are prepared to sell if he will not sign a new contract has they will not let his contract run down,they are in no hurry for a few weeks.His value is not going to drop overly if they hold on to him till the end of August  and can wait and see what occurs with the market.I am told they are prepared to sell for 3 to 4 plus add on's Derby know this has do Brighton and every other team, but they can wait and see who blinks first and offers above it.

Do not believe the the papers too much they like too quote the possible value if every add on is met.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Said it before but some of our fans are absolute poison. 

We've spent so much money. Not very wisely. But we have. We've been heavily criticised by our fans for spending over the odds on players. Yet at the slightest chance a PREMIER LEAGUE club could bid for him, all of a sudden we should splash the cash again. 

I'd love Lawrence here. He's a fantastic prospect. But that's all he is. One very good season at championship level. He's into the last year of his contract and if Brighton want to spend £8 million on him, let them. Because he isn't worth that. If Derby just went and signed him for £8 million our fans would have moaned like anything. 

Talk of us being slow with the deal? How do we know? If it was up to Derby im sure Lawrence would have signed by now. But it's not. It's up to Leicester. They wanted to have a look at him in pre season. They played in Hong Kong. Got back 3 days ago. Played a friendly the other night. We don't know what Leicester have said to us. 

Also, just cos it's in the mirror, doesn't mean it's true. 

If we signed every player the papers say we are going to sign then we'd have a squad of about 800.

Spot on! On the back of nothing more than a rumour at this stage, it becomes so easy for so-called fans to slate their club for not spending £8m on a player who has had one good season. 

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

How could Brighton possibly not offer more money than us? 

Nixon doesn't mean they couldn't in the material sense of "they don't have as much money" he means it in the abstract sense "they're not as mad as Derby".

Just now, Inglorius said:

According to your list it won't be Clement 

These are just odds for the moment, when the season starts the situation will change certainly.

Paul Clement saved his ar$e and his position at the last moment in the penultimate or the last match of the season. I was reading what Swansea supporters were commenting and saying about him.

He's totally clueless.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yeah I do and I'd happily swap anyone for each of them too. 

But you're looking at least £25 million for them 2.

Burnley might sell Gray. But Newcastle wouldn't sell Ritchie. 

I think I've not made myself very clear, I was trying to point out that Burney signed Gray from Luton for 6 million quid and Newcastle signed Ritchie from Bournemouth for 10-11 million.  Both players have more than paid for their respective transfer fees. It doesn't mean that we should now stop spending significant amounts on transfer fees because we've bought poorly in the past there are value for money players out there.

Just now, lioncoeur said:

These are just odds for the moment, when the season starts the situation will change certainly.

Paul Clement saved his ar$e and his position at the last moment in the penultimate or the last match of the season. I was reading what Swansea supporters were commenting and saying about him.

He's totally clueless.

Wish I was clueless enough to work with one of the best managers in the world at Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Wish I was clueless enough to work with one of the best managers in the world at Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

Ha-ha-ha

He is a good football coach, no doubt about it, but not a good football manager. It's a big difference.

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

We've offered £8 million but Leicester are holding out for £12 million 

I know as much as (nearly) anyone on this form 

1 hour ago, lioncoeur said:

£8 million or even £12 million it's too much money for him, he's not worth that much. He has only one decent season behind him, it's pure robbery. They are so many better players out there for the same money, but they are not necessarily residing in UK. 

The only factual part of my post was that last line. There are more fingers on a gump's hand than real "in the know" posters on here, unless Mel keeps chipping in and Rowett has joined up too!

2 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

He's totally clueless.

He was nominated for manager of the season, would love to hear your idea of someone who is a good manager then if that's what you associate with being clueless

11 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

He's totally clueless.

It seems then that Swansea's forum has its own deluded crew spouting total rubbish too matey:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alternative-premier-league-table-shows-13079754

Fernando Llorente's late winner against West Brom on the final day of the campaign ensured that Swansea City finished 15th in the 2016-17 Premier League table.

The Spaniard's 15th league goal of the season earned the Swans a £4m windfall as they leapt above Watford and Burnley as a result of their victory over the Baggies.

Swansea City confirm pre-season friendly which will see them face one of the men linked with the club in December

It highlights just how impressive the Swans have been since Paul Clement arrived at the club in January when all seemed lost following the disastrous reign of Bob Bradley.

The club were rooted to the foot of the table with just 12 points from their opening 19 games before Clement worked his magic to preserve Swansea's Premier League status.

Swansea City manager Paul Clement

And when you look at the Premier League solely during the former Bayern Munich assistant's time with the club, the job he did looks even more remarkable.

Clement took charge of 19 league matches in his debut campaign in south Wales, securing nine victories, two draws and eight losses.

Paul Clement on the sort of players he wants to bring to Swansea City this summer

It meant the Swans collected 29 points at an average of 1.53 per-game during his reign.

But even more impressively is the fact that the Swans would have finished as high as eighth place had the Premier League started when Clement took charge at the Liberty Stadium.

Tottenham were the best performers in 2017 having picked up 47 points from the 57 on offer, with champions Chelsea just behind in second ahead of Man City, Arsenal, Everton, Manchester United and then Liverpool.

But Swansea would have comfortably been in the top half of the table during Clement's tenure, ending the latter half of the season with four more points than Crystal Palace picked up since January, five better than Leicester and eight greater than Hull, with all three sides changing their managers along with the Swans.

38 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

What is our fiscal strategy, putting money in a savings acount and getting a safe but unspectacular 1% guaranteed interest every year or investing in the stock market with the potential for double digit growth but also the potential for losing some of your investment? 

The 15/16 accounts showed we owed £7.833m from this year onwards on transfer instalments,and to that you can add any instalments due this year on 16/17 signings,together with any first instalments on this year's signings,so I don't think very much will be going into a 'savings account' or the 'stock market'. The cash deficit on operations this year,which Mel will be funding,will probably dwarf the aggregate of the above,but that's merely an aside. 

5 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

He was nominated for manager of the season, would love to hear your idea of someone who is a good manager then if that's what you associate with being clueless

He was nominated for the manager of the season?

When did it happen exactly?

I don't have a clue about it, I am completely clueless.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/may/22/premier-league-2016-17-manager-of-the-season

manageroftheseason2016.jpg

:lol:

But I can assure you anyway, he'll be one of the first ones to be sacked next season.

Archived