Not much profit left in sales

Sparkle

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we have £13 mil in the bank from sales. We could probably not spend any of that, get a free in like Ledley plus 1 or 2 young prem loans and still be better off. Let nature take its course when players like bent etc can see they won't be getting game time and their agents will be working overtime to get them to a new club.

personally I'd be looking at a couple of young permanents that's value should increase with a run in a championship team.

it won't take much for this team to be stronger this year than last

21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don't think we have many left who we can muster a profit from apart from

Martin and Keogh which says a lot about our recent purchases 

I think we could make a profit on Carson, Mitchell, Keogh, Pearce, Forsyth, Lowe, Bryson, Russell, Martin and possibly Baird + Bent

Whether anyone out there wants them or whether the club want rid is a different story

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think we could make a profit on Carson, Mitchell, Keogh, Pearce, Forsyth, Lowe, Bryson, Russell, Martin and possibly Baird + Bent

Whether anyone out there wants them or whether the club want rid is a different story

I more or less meant a reasonable profit, I did forget to include Russell and Carson but when you look at that list it doesn't include much from the clementor Pearson era

i didnt think we would get owt like the price we did for cristy to be honest i would have taken a free as we are bloated in places so great work.looks like the board are sorting our weakneses out when it comes to transfers and would like to see the younger coming in as its all profit.i would rather take more gambles on lower divisions as we have payed over the odds for incoming players who havnt had a chance really or dont fit into the system.we stil have a decent squad compared to a lot in the championship. gr was doing great last year with birmingham, hudds went up, roll with the tide and enjoy

1 minute ago, lee_derby said:

i didnt think we would get owt like the price we did for cristy to be honest i would have taken a free as we are bloated in places so great work.looks like the board are sorting our weakneses out when it comes to transfers and would like to see the younger coming in as its all profit.i would rather take more gambles on lower divisions as we have payed over the odds for incoming players who havnt had a chance really or dont fit into the system.we stil have a decent squad compared to a lot in the championship. gr was doing great last year with birmingham, hudds went up, roll with the tide and enjoy

Why would you give away a first choice international full back who fills homegrown quota?

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

Why would you give away a first choice international full back who fills homegrown quota?

he  isnt a first choice here anymore and a drop in wage payed out for someone to sit on a bench. he needs to play regular to stay in the internationals i assume not sure there.to be honest i bet hes thinking that also and wants a move if not in managers plans

2 minutes ago, lee_derby said:

he  isnt a first choice here anymore and a drop in wage payed out for someone to sit on a bench. he needs to play regular to stay in the internationals i assume not sure there.to be honest i bet hes thinking that also and wants a move if not in managers plans

I meant he's first choice for Ireland (albeit because Coleman has one leg). Whether he's first choice in our current system is irrelevant to that. He has qualities which fit other systems perfectly. You don't just give away players because they don't quite fit your current tactics - Like we did Martin last season.

In my humble opinion and all things consider so far we are doing reasonably well in our sales

.It is difficult to keep players who wish to leave, it also reduces your bargaining power in fee negotiations. The best you hope for is a good up front fee, add on's if possible and a percentage of any sell on fee.

This we have achieved but not at the high prices fans though players were assumed to be were worth.

Now we have the money we need to spend it wisely get the maximum value for money 

i know what you mean not being first or second place here anymore hence let him go now. he only as a year left on is contract then walks for nowt anyway hence save the wage bill.someone has to go and if others arnt in demand we have no places left for others.to be honest being a international for ireland in my books isnt nowt special.hes still a championship player who is as good as he is bad at times like most in our squad

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I personally think that we are nearly done with our sales but a few more may go out on loan...

I like our remaining core of players and only see the need for a winger now...our strike force is formidable and the defence is shaping up nicely.

Personally think we could do with two wingers and another centre mid. There will be fitness concerns over Thorne for obvious reasons, Bryson also has had injury issues in the past few seasons and Johnson has critical flaws in his game. 

20 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Personally think we could do with two wingers and another centre mid. There will be fitness concerns over Thorne for obvious reasons, Bryson also has had injury issues in the past few seasons and Johnson has critical flaws in his game. 

I can see the thinking behind another centre mid,ours have proven a little fragile in the past...hopefully all in the past now.

No need for two wingers,to my mind...Russell back in partnership with Martin will be more than able to handle one of the wings,preferably on the right.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I more or less meant a reasonable profit, I did forget to include Russell and Carson but when you look at that list it doesn't include muoch from the clementor Pearson era

Quick tally and I'd say we could make £20-25m in profits on players we've signed (not including youth products) compared to maybe £15m in losses on others. 

Surprisingly the big profits still come largely from players from the NC era, and the losses from recent times.

7 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I personally think that we are nearly done with our sales but a few more may go out on loan...

I like our remaining core of players and only see the need for a winger now...our strike force is formidable and the defence is shaping up nicely.

Yeah,maybe loans might be the answer for some,reducing the squad size (however temporarily) and wage bill.Also avoids FFP hit if disposing at a loss.

Archived