Not much profit left in sales

Sparkle

10 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Well we have £13 mil in the bank from sales. We could probably not spend any of that, get a free in like Ledley plus 1 or 2 young prem loans and still be better off. Let nature take its course when players like bent etc can see they won't be getting game time and their agents will be working overtime to get them to a new club.

personally I'd be looking at a couple of young permanents that's value should increase with a run in a championship team.

it won't take much for this team to be stronger this year than last

premier loans are a waste of time unless theres an option to buy at the end of the season

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can ship out (somehow) Blackman, Weimann, Bent, and probably Pearce (because Shackell is crocked) and Olsson, then bring in 2 wide players then we should be looking good.

If possible I'd also like to see a new central midfielder with some bite to take pressure off Thorne but this would probably mean having to offload Johnson or Bryson.

The alternative is Johnson smashes it this season alongside Thorne and we don't need another centre mid.

I think it will be hard to shift all 5 of those players; unless we contribute to their wages after they've gone (which some clubs do, do)

I think we will get another Defensive Midfielder unless GR thinks Hanson can play there. GR clearly sees BJ playing in an advanced role. If we get another attacking midfielder then I think one of BJ, Butters or Bryson will go. I actually think BJ is most likely to go as he clearly wants to go back to Norwich and they've just lost a midfielder

Archived