New kit revealed 7th July

5 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Ive not been in school for a while, but I have got kids so this is something I'm thinking about. But I don't think a kid would get bullied or anything for wearing last seasons kit. most parents would be on the same boat, so they wouldn't be singled out as the poor one. 

But any kid with the new kit would be a superstar. 

But my kids aren't old enough to have experienced this yet, so we'll see. Anyone else have first hand experience of this? Do kids have peer pressure to gavevtgd latest kit, and therefore parents have pressure to fork out for it each season?

To be honest they only get bullied if they wear a forest or Man Utd kit!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Jayram said:

The introduction of a new kit every season is the absolute pinnacle of football fan exploitation and capitalism at its ugliest.

I find the ugliest part of capitalism is that night clubs can charge up to £2.50 for water...

5 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

I find the ugliest part of capitalism is that night clubs can charge up to £2.50 for water...

That's nothing, they're 12-20 euro on a certain island in the Balearic's! 

The biggest issue I have with the shirts is this sudden price increase? Doesn't seem two minutes ago that all shirts were kind of capped at a standard £40, which is still too much, yet have creeped up in the last year or so. Why the increase? There's certainly no individual identity to any of them which I think should be for that price. Is the quality any better? I don't think so either. 

After seeing it Tuesday night I'm not a fan anymore, just looks like a tacky template they've thrown a ram on. Not for me. 

On 4.7.2017 at 10:19, CHCDerby said:

So we've gone from Just eating whatever you like, to spare tyres. 3 years time it will be Weight Watchers.

A continuation from our 90´s shirts when we had "Auto Windscreens" as sponsor, surely 
Our next sponsor is maybe "powerflow exhaust"

Received my home shirt today, looks great but disappointed with the plastic ram you can see it won't be on the shirt for long, you would think at fifty odd quid there would be a 'little' margin for some stitching, what does everyone else think?

On 14/07/2017 at 13:47, Mr Tibbs said:

That's nothing, they're 12-20 euro on a certain island in the Balearic's! 

The biggest issue I have with the shirts is this sudden price increase? Doesn't seem two minutes ago that all shirts were kind of capped at a standard £40, which is still too much, yet have creeped up in the last year or so. Why the increase? There's certainly no individual identity to any of them which I think should be for that price. Is the quality any better? I don't think so either. 

After seeing it Tuesday night I'm not a fan anymore, just looks like a tacky template they've thrown a ram on. Not for me. 

All football shirts have gone up in price lately. Gone are the days when you could pick up the current England shirt for £20.

Adidas are charging an eye-watering £70 for shirts on their website (e.g. Real Madrid, AC Milan shirts).

Just picked up the new home shirt today. I think it's a big improvement over the last couple of shirts. Feels much lighter and breathable than last seasons and it's so nice not having the collar rubbing on your neck.

Printing was around an hour wait today so bear that in mind if you're thinking of picking up a shirt from the store.

1 hour ago, Adslegend said:

I think it's a big improvement over the last couple of shirts. Feels much lighter and breathable than last seasons and it's so nice not having the collar rubbing on your neck.

Agreed. Although still outrageously priced the material does feel loads lighter and better quality than recent seasons, went in the shop last year and it just felt crappy in your hand, stitching loose on the buttons and one. 15/16 whilst a nice design the shiny itchy material ruined it.

This season is a huge improvement.

Archived