We are where we are!

RoyMac5

Seems to me there's a lack of reality in some of the stuff being posted. We can't go back and it's no good wishing things were different. Now that change has started I'm looking forward to the new season, can't wait.

The first sale being Will was tough but now it's gathering momentum and hopefully there'll be some good signings to offset the pain. I'm liking the sound of Curtis - new captain? There might be some new U23s break through and there will be some more signings.

It's time to suck it up (all the past failures and mistakes) and get on with it. Rowett is (finally) a good choice and I think he will be given a fair crack of the whip by Mel.

Not long now until the first preseason friendly! Come on You Rams!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It remains to be seen if Rowett is a good choice (for me) I hope it turns out to be the case. 

It looks like he's grabbing the bull by the horns, I like that. None of us are privvy to the day to day running of the club, why those that may/have leave/left the club, why those we might like to move on haven't, and I understand people's frustrations, I'm a bit wtf ? myself but I tell myself there's weeks to go before the Sunderland game.

Hopefully the next fortnight will give us a clearer picture of Rowetts plans and he'll be giving us something to be optimistic about.

Good luck to him for the coming season, I think he'd like to be in The Premier League every bit as much as Will and Incey and will do his best to get us there.

COYR.

6 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Hopefully the next fortnight will give us a clearer picture of Rowetts plans and he'll be giving us something to be optimistic about.

Good luck to him for the coming season, I think he'd like to be in The Premier League every bit as much as Will and Incey and will do his best to get us there.

COYR.

I agree. I'm sure that as usual there will be lots to disagree over, but surely we can all agree that Rowett wants the best for Derby and wants to get us promoted! #COYR

At least Rowett has the courage of his conviction, unlike that phoney Pearson. I too am thoroughly looking forward to seeing an aggressive, energetic, never-say-die Derby that proves to be greater than the sum of it's parts.

We're also long overdue bit of luck with the fitness of Fozzy & George - 2 quality "new" additions to the squad if they stay fit, along with the return of 20 goal a season Chrissy.

Jury's definetly out for me with Rowett, there's no skill in offloading your most saleable assets, there definetly is managerial expertise in replacing them with equally effective players and developing the players that were left behind into acceptable footballers. Time will tell.

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Jury's definetly out for me with Rowett, there's no skill in offloading your most saleable assets, there definetly is managerial expertise in replacing them with equally effective players and developing the players that were left behind into acceptable footballers. Time will tell.

Well he's made two good signings to help carry things his way.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well he's made two good signings to help carry things his way.

Whether they're good signings or not remain to be seen. I could have shifted Will Hughes and Tom Ince,  the skill is developing the deadwood like the Blackmans that no other club would touch into acceptable footballers and to get the players such as the Vydras and the Johnsons to justify their grossly inflated transfer fees. 

4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Whether they're good signings or not remain to be seen. I could have shifted Will Hughes and Tom Ince,  the skill is developing the deadwood like the Blackmans that no other club would touch into acceptable footballers and to get the players such as the Vydras and the Johnsons to justify their grossly inflated transfer fees. 

Most want Wisdom and Davies sounds a real deal! Why blame GR if he can't yet shift the dross? He didn't sign them!

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Most want Wisdom and Davies sounds a real deal! Why blame GR if he can't yet shift the dross? He didn't sign them!

I didn't use the word blame I merely stated that any Tom, Dick or Harry could have sold our prized assets, no skill in that. There would be skill in developing the left behinds into functioning footballers, when I see that then I will concur that Rowett is doing a good job and was the right appointment. 

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

It remains to be seen if Rowett is a good choice (for me) I hope it turns out to be the case. 

It looks like he's grabbing the bull by the horns, I like that. None of us are privvy to the day to day running of the club, why those that may/have leave/left the club, why those we might like to move on haven't, and I understand people's frustrations, I'm a bit wtf ? myself but I tell myself there's weeks to go before the Sunderland game.

COYR.

Interesting that Hughes & Ince are joining clubs that are not bigger than DCFC. Good luck to both, but their talents may be stifled if those teams are scrapping in the PL bottom six. 

Big gamble for GR, selling the clubs best players he will need to find quality replacements before the season commences. 

40 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

the skill is developing the deadwood like the Blackmans that no other club would touch into acceptable footballers and to get the players such as the Vydras and the Johnsons to justify their grossly inflated transfer fees. 

big ask

1 minute ago, europia said:

Interesting that Hughes & Ince are joining clubs that are not bigger than DCFC. Good luck to both, but their talents may be stifled if those teams are scrapping in the PL bottom six. 

Big gamble for GR, selling the clubs best players he will need to find quality replacements before the season commences. 

It's all about how one defines bigger though isn't it ? For example, I like to think DCFC is a bigger club than Bournemouth, bigger gates, more illustrious history, yet who's looking like a Premier League permanent fixture, us or them ?

It's all about the here and now for me, Watford and Huddersfield may struggle next season who knows ? But they have walked the walk, they are in the big time, we have just talked the talk in recent seasons.

If Hughes and Ince have a decent season, it could lead to bigger and better things for them. I'm disappointed to lose the pair of them but as I don't have a clue what goes on either at board level, i.e. Rowetts been told he's got to sell them, or managerial level, i.e. he's not fancied what he's seen of them since taking over, I've just got to roll with it and hope he's got a decent plan B in place.

He'll stand or fall by his decisions I'm sure, old trigger fingers will see to that I'm equally sure.

People don't like you saying he's a bad choice or he's made bad transfers but are then happy to say he's a good choice and he's made smart transfers.

Can't have it like that. Either it's ok to pass judgment yet or it's too early.

Rowett has done nothing yet. Nothing at all. He came in and the football stayed the same. He didn't settle on a system. There was no routine to what we saw. 

Does he want the best for Derby? So did Pearson.

He wants to play a high pressing, energetic game and people are excited. Fair enough. So did Pearson.

People scream for change and then in the next breath are happy Wisdom is back (After struggling) and that Martin and Thorne are back. 

I'm not really giving an opinion. Just observing how unfairly balanced some of the arguments are. 

2 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

I like to think DCFC is a bigger club than Bournemouth, bigger gates, more illustrious history, yet who's looking like a Premier League permanent fixture, us or them ?

Dunno really - who would you put money on being in the premiership in 3 or 5 years time? I'd imagine once Howe moves on they're straight back down.

Big gamble of a move to udders for Ince though - he needs to really shine in a struggling team otherwise he might blow his chance. Hughes has much less pressure.

2 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

hope he's got a decent plan B in place.

We haven't seen his plan a yet!

Archived