looks like some under 23s break through

B4ev6is

Well some of derby under 23s were

In training with the first team the likes of zanzla rawson jamie hasion made a couple of apperances masion bennet. So does rowwett plan play them in certain games. I bet one of them will be grimsby town. With mixture of first team players.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mumblemumble
39 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I bet one of them will be grimsby town. With mixture of first team players.

You reckon? I thought he'd put one in on his own and not field any other player to properly test him at this level. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well some of derby under 23s were

In training with the first team the likes of zanzla rawson jamie hasion made a couple of apperances masion bennet. So does rowwett plan play them in certain games. I bet one of them will be grimsby town. With mixture of first team players.

It was partly because some players haven't returned from internationals/summer break yet. Look how the players match up...

Hanson for Christie

Rawson for Keogh

McDonald for Pearce

I think Elsnik and Vernam are our most promising u23s IMO

22 minutes ago, angieram said:

We've no forwards on a late return so seeing Zanzala in there was encouraging. 

I'm a big fan (despite @Ninos hype!)

Rowett wouldn't have seen Zanzala play yet as he was injured last season.

The point I was making is that this training session isn't an absolute guide to who is most highly rated in the u23 team nor is it a major indication that those 5 will gain more game time this year.

How many players have left our academy without being given a chance in the first team and gone on to great things?

Home grown tomatoes taste great when left to develope and picked when ripe. Don't be tempted to bite into a green one tho, won't taste great, have a little patience and make do with the supermarket.

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

:huh: You got me there.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be clever. Just thought sending out our young players on loan to some struggling teams would ripen them up nice and early, rather like frying them. I mentioned Port Vale because Callum Guy did really well there.

I'll shut up now! :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, angieram said:

Sorry, wasn't trying to be clever. Just thought sending out our young players on loan to some struggling teams would ripen them up nice and early, rather like frying them. I mentioned Port Vale because Callum Guy did really well there.

I'll shut up now! :ph34r:

Ah. Yeah I agree, if it's good enough for Chelsea! I thought maybe the nickname of Port Vale was the Friars. :D

10 minutes ago, David said:

I'm up for allowing lower league clubs cherry picking our best talent for season long loans

Why not. Choose the teams likely to be challenging for the top. Just sitting in the reserves isn't enough.

Archived