v Kidderminster Harriers Match Thread

Day

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

So will I be able to watch on the dcfc channel on YouTube, or is it desktop only?

Either way it's good of the club to do this. 

Register for an account, it's free. You then watch on their website.

If the stream works on mobile/tablet and you have a smart TV you will then be able to AirPlay it to your TV. 

If it doesn't work on mobile and you have a Mac you can do it that way, screen mirror to TV and hoped full screen.

I know 99% of this has gone over your head so let me know what devices you have and tomorrow night I'll give you step by step old person proof instructions 

15 minutes ago, David said:

Register for an account, it's free. You then watch on their website.

If the stream works on mobile/tablet and you have a smart TV you will then be able to AirPlay it to your TV. 

If it doesn't work on mobile and you have a Mac you can do it that way, screen mirror to TV and hoped full screen.

I know 99% of this has gone over your head so let me know what devices you have and tomorrow night I'll give you step by step old person proof instructions 

Ageist!

apple iPad btw ?

3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Ageist!

apple iPad btw ?

That should work if the stream is mobile friendly. Used the YouTube app as an example, when playing a video look out in the video bar at the bottom or top for a square with a triangle, press that and it will bring up the devices that are on and you can AirPlay to. If that icon isn't there, swipe up from the bottom to bring up the control centre then press AirPlay mirroring, select that then your device. This will mirror the screen from your iPad see pic 3, when you open the video in full screen it will fill your TV screen, crack open a beer and get ready to boo.

IMG_0061.PNG

IMG_0062.PNG

IMG_0106.JPG

10 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Or chromecast it from your android phone/Chromebook onto your TV....simples

A lot more reliable than that mac/apple nonsense

I'm a complete technophobe so please bear with me.

I have an android tablet and an android phone but not a "smart TV".

Am I correct to say that all I need to do is buy a Chromecast and plug it into the back of my TV and that'll allow me to cast my tablet/phone to the TV?

14 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I'm a complete technophobe so please bear with me.

I have an android tablet and an android phone but not a "smart TV".

Am I correct to say that all I need to do is buy a Chromecast and plug it into the back of my TV and that'll allow me to cast my tablet/phone to the TV?

Yes.

Before you do buy one make sure the stream works on your tablet/mobile, not all streaming services work. I would be surprised if it didn't but don't rush out to buy one today.

Be far better getting an iPhone or iPad though, a lot more reliable than that Android nonsense.

1 minute ago, David said:

Yes.

Before you do buy one make sure the stream works on your tablet/mobile, not all streaming services work. I would be surprised if it didn't but don't rush out to buy one today.

Be far better getting an iPhone or iPad though, a lot more reliable than that Android nonsense.

Thanks! (Oh, if only there were a "thanks emoji" for me to press...)

I do have the "cast" button on RAMSTV, so tried pressing it to see what happens (knowing it couldn't cast anywhere) and it says "searching for compatible devices" so I guess the Chromecast would work...

1 minute ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Thanks! (Oh, if only there were a "thanks emoji" for me to press...)

I do have the "cast" button on RAMSTV, so tried pressing it to see what happens (knowing it couldn't cast anywhere) and it says "searching for compatible devices" so I guess the Chromecast would work...

Oh right well there you go then, should work no problems. When you plug it in something wil pop up like Chromecast-DCGHGF. Pick one up for around £20/£30 now in most supermarkets.

Remember though streaming League games this season is outside the UK only, might change after the new TV deal comes in after the next 2 seasons 

Archived