v Kidderminster Harriers Match Thread

Day

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I agree , he comes across well in the interview and i dont think we ever really replaced him to be honest. Hopefully this game will give us chance to try a few things out and give some of the younger players a look

Rowett has talked a lot about his teams having good starts to the season, hitting the ground running, you would think that would mean putting strong sides out getting the tactical side nailed down ready for Sunderland.

Never quite understand why managers put mixed sides out with youth players, one or two given a chance to impress that you expect to be on the fringes maybe but not overload it.

Carson, Forsyth, Davies, Keogh, Wisdom, Johnson, Bryson, Weimann, Vydra, Blackman, Martin

Forsyth will need the minutes more than any of the squad, get the new lads in, Weimann and Blackman chance to shine and the return of our English Scotsman to lead the line.

Mr Bennett to show his face in the second half.

1 minute ago, David said:

Rowett has talked a lot about his teams having good starts to the season, hitting the ground running, you would think that would mean putting strong sides out getting the tactical side nailed down ready for Sunderland.

Never quite understand why managers put mixed sides out with youth players, one or two given a chance to impress that you expect to be on the fringes maybe but not overload it.

Carson, Forsyth, Davies, Keogh, Wisdom, Johnson, Bryson, Weimann, Vydra, Blackman, Martin

Forsyth will need the minutes more than any of the squad, get the new lads in, Weimann and Blackman chance to shine and the return of our English Scotsman to lead the line.

Mr Bennett to show his face in the second half.

He said in his interview that the first real look towards the first game will be in Germany.

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

He said in his interview that the first real look towards the first game will be in Germany.

I can't wait that long, not in the mood for experimental stuff, double figures tomorrow night or I'm booing

18 minutes ago, David said:

I can't wait that long, not in the mood for experimental stuff, double figures tomorrow night or I'm booing

You may be joking, but didn't our amazing fans boo the team in our first friendly a year or two ago !!!  :pinch:

11 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

You may be joking, but didn't our amazing fans boo the team in our first friendly a year or two ago !!!  :pinch:

Pre season can be horrendous, draw or lose any game and this is what happens when you sell your best 2 players. The annual football eduction classes where fans are taught how it's about fitness, game time for players and not results.

Saying that if we don't hit double figures we should be asking why we didn't go in for Rooney, scored a hat trick on his debut for Man Utd in Europe, imagine what he would do v Kidderminster Harriers.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

2 different teams, one for each half.

This ^

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/07/rowett-confirms-opening-friendly-plans

He told RamsTV: “The games will be 45 minutes each so we’ll take two teams to the first two matches (at Kidderminster and Macclesfield).

“That will be, really, just about getting back on the pitch. 

“Of course, there’s the fitness side too and we will also looking at one or two things; nothing over the top.”

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander if zanla will be given some game time kyle macastle.

I think it's much more likely that you'll see some of those players as substitutes when we play Port Vale and Doncaster on the same night as the first team squad will be split between the two matches.

It will be just your luck to go to Port Vale and Zanzala goes to Doncaster, or vice-versa, @B4ev6is .

In the early games where the players only play one half each, I think it will be mainly first team squad members, as we must have at least 22 of those needing game time. Of course, this will include Hanson, Bennett and Lowe, who was back in full training today.

Archived