Has another Derby Manager got to back down in his philosophy

Curtains

10 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

I for one am happy Rowett is making changes. This team has not progressed I actually think this is more down to playing staff than anything else.

Rowett obviously sees the need for what people would consider surprise changes. However when it was evident we weren't event good enough to make the PO's I thought we should be looking to move Hughes, Ince and Keogh on.

Generate a bit of money, a slight change of direction and go again!

Kind of agree.

With Clement and Pearson it could be argued just a slight tinkering was required, we are 2 years down the line now and would not be too fussed to see a complete overhaul and start again, giving the new manager completely free reign to set the new direction of the club.

Of course this heavily relies on the chairman now getting twitchy over the trigger, and bowing to fan pressure, if we are not top 6 by Xmas.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Finally someone with some sense. Sick to death of the doom and gloom mongers who are willing to get rid of GR before he has had a chance to show what he can do. For gods sake judge him around Christmas. 

...if he is still here

Finally someone with some sense. Sick to death of the doom and gloom mongers who are willing to get rid of GR before he has had a chance to show what he can do. For gods sake judge him around Christmas. 

I haven't seen a single poster say we should get rid of GR.

26 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I haven't seen a single poster say we should get rid of GR.

Maybe not. But isn't it posts like this one which is usually the catalyst that brings out the "let's get rid" gang. It frustrates me when some are not willing to see what happens before bringing someone down

Maybe not. But isn't it posts like this one which is usually the catalyst that brings out the "let's get rid" gang. It frustrates me when some are not willing to see what happens before bringing someone down

You said, and I quote, that you are 'sick to death of the doom and gloom mongers who are willing to get rid of GR before he has had a chance to show what he can do'. How can you be sick to death of something that hasn't even happened? 

59 minutes ago, 86 points said:

You said, and I quote, that you are 'sick to death of the doom and gloom mongers who are willing to get rid of GR before he has had a chance to show what he can do'. How can you be sick to death of something that hasn't even happened? 

I am just seeing the same pattern starting all over again. The animosity towards the manager over who he has let go or who he hasn't bought in. It will all lead to the same boring argument 

If we take the most recent interview with GR at face value  (and why shouldn't we?) Then that clearly implies the sale of will hughes was not initiated by rowett as part of his rebuild. It was will who stoked it up and the impression created was rowett saw standing in the way as just giving him one more issue to manage. 

So that kind of dismantles the argument advanced that we are to be remodelled into "Hoofball Pastures", the retirement home for past it cloggers.

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

If we take the most recent interview with GR at face value  (and why shouldn't we?) Then that clearly implies the sale of will hughes was not initiated by rowett as part of his rebuild.

Except there was no attempt to stop it, do you really think he told Hughes he was part of his plans? That he said there's been interest but I'd rather you stayed at Derby, together we can get promoted! Do you think Rowett said that to Hughes?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Except there was no attempt to stop it, do you really think he told Hughes he was part of his plans? That he said there's been interest but I'd rather you stayed at Derby, together we can get promoted! Do you think Rowett said that to Hughes?

Can't be completely sure of anything of course. Did the "I think I need a new challenge " conversation take place before or after interest from Watford was confirmed? Don't know and it wasn't that clear.

I'm wiling to believe there was a conversation along the lines of "how determined to leave are you?" But I don't think rowetts plans are fully developed yet so there would be limited undertakings he could give.

16 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

If we take the most recent interview with GR at face value  (and why shouldn't we?) Then that clearly implies the sale of will hughes was not initiated by rowett as part of his rebuild. It was will who stoked it up and the impression created was rowett saw standing in the way as just giving him one more issue to manage. 

So that kind of dismantles the argument advanced that we are to be remodelled into "Hoofball Pastures", the retirement home for past it cloggers.

I got the impression, from the same interview, that Rowett didn't try too hard to persuade Will to stay. Given that a manager can nearly always assume that a player is interested in a move to a higher division on higher wages he should hardly have been surprised with Hughes' interest in the offer, particularly when you consider how often Rowett was leaving him on the bench last season. But if had rated Hughes he could easily have put the club's interests first and tried to persuade him to give us 12 more months. He didn't seem to bother with that and just acquiesced to the bizarrely under-priced sale. It seems he really doesn't rate Will as highly as some of us do. Not his sort of player at all I suspect.

I really do think that this sale indicates that Rowett has a less creative brand of football in mind for next season.

Hey I read this forum but don't reply much so bear with me... am I right in thinking Hughes came through the academy? In reality doesn't that mean whatever we got for him is pure profit ? Profit from selling someone who doesn't want to be here anymore no matter what the reason.. Good luck to WillHughes where ever he ends up ( I'm sure he'll end up at a top club, no disrespect to his current choice), but he's now gone and we have to move on ... I'm backing the whole club and am looking forward to a great season COYR,, did I mention I once saved a penalty from king Kevin Hector ? 

Archived