Has another Derby Manager got to back down in his philosophy

Curtains

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, curtains said:

The fans views could bring Rowett down with some Derby fans 

Clough ,McClaren ,Clement Wassall, Pearson , McClaren and now Rowett is getting the treatment. 

You're assuming the critical posts on this forum are a fair representation of the Derby fans as a whole which, I don't think it is. I believe the silent majority may be disappointed and possible alarmed by Hughes departure etc. But won't consider it grounds to turn on GR. 

Why would we want a manager that changes his working practices just because a few keyboard warriors don't like how he's doing things???  GR's remit is to win enough games to ensure promotion from this division, he strikes me as the type of bloke who doesn't give a f*** about upsetting a few people along the way...

I don't believe most people aren't up in arms about Hughes actually being sold, they're up in arms about the price...

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Why would we want a manager that changes his working practices just because a few keyboard warriors don't like how he's doing things???  GR's remit is to win enough games to ensure promotion from this division, he strikes me as the type of bloke who doesn't give a f*** about upsetting a few people along the way...

I don't believe most people aren't up in arms about Hughes actually being sold, they're up in arms about the price...

The price is what it is. 

Rowett has to do things his way and not compromise .

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You're assuming the critical posts on this forum are a fair representation of the Derby fans as a whole which, I don't think it is. I believe the silent majority may be disappointed and possible alarmed by Hughes departure etc. But won't consider it grounds to turn on GR. 

Do you think that fans views on this forum are out of line with other Derby fans if so why is that ! 

18 minutes ago, curtains said:

The fans views could bring Rowett down with some Derby fans 

Clough ,McClaren ,Clement Wassall, Pearson , McClaren and now Rowett is getting the treatment. 

In what way has all of those changed their philosophy, and how have the fans made them?

1 minute ago, rynny said:

In what way has all of those changed their philosophy, and how have the fans made them?

I didn't say they had changed their philosophy and they ended up leaving DCFC. 

I believe some fans want Rowett to change his already .

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

I didn't say they had changed their philosophy and they ended up leaving DCFC. 

I believe some fans want Rowett to change his already .

The thread title is;

Has another Derby Manager got to back down in his philosophy

so if backing down is not changing what is it?

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

The thread title is;

so if backing down is not changing what is it?

Its my belief that Derby Managers in the past have changed their philosophy on how they want to play football at Derby because it isn't the Derby Way due to fan pressure so in that sense yes they have had to change their philosophy.

Its a rhetorical question regarding our current manager Rowett asking if he will have to change his philosophy over the ins and outs at Derby in particular regarding the sale of Will Hughes and reverse his decision. 

Its my belief that Derby Managers in the past have changed their philosophy on how they want to play football at Derby because it isn't the Derby Way due to fan pressure so in that sense yes they have had to change their philosophy.

Its a rhetorical question regarding our current manager Rowett asking if he will have to change his philosophy over the ins and outs at Derby in particular regarding the sale of Will Hughes and reverse his decision. 

The ins & outs prove he will be sticking to his philosophies...

15 minutes ago, curtains said:

Do you think that fans views on this forum are out of line with other Derby fans if so why is that ! 

Yes I do simply because the vast majority may be unhappy but not upset enough to post on sites like this (assuming they even read them). Only the minority with strong feelings are likely to comment. It's simply the way of the world. The phrase "silent majority" exists for a reason. 

Also, when you say the "fans views on this forum" they're not all out and out condemnation of GR so, the seriously negative posts on here ( such as "I'm demanding a refund on my season ticket") are not even a full representation. 

Which ones? What had they changed from?

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

If it is a rhetorical question why start a thread, to not ask people's opinions?

I would say the issue for most people who have an issue with the Hughes deal is where he is going and for how much he is going for. It is a simple case of believing he to be worth more and being able to play for a better team.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

If it is a rhetorical question why start a thread, to not ask people's opinions?

I would say the issue for most people who have an issue with the Hughes deal is where he is going and for how much he is going for. It is a simple case of believing he to be worth more and being able to play for a better team.

Where are the offers for Hughes then .

If Rowett doesn't want him does he wait and wait and wait for a better offer. 

36 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Exactly and we/they're un in arms without knowing the full facts and believing our valuation is accurate. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes I do simply because the vast majority may be unhappy but not upset enough to post on sites like this (assuming they even read them). Only the minority with strong feelings are likely to comment. It's simply the way of the world. The phrase "silent majority" exists for a reason. 

Also, when you say the "fans views on this forum" they're not all out and out condemnation of GR so, the seriously negative posts on here ( such as "I'm demanding a refund on my season ticket") are not even a full representation. 

He's been critised on here for buying old players and letting a young player if he goes already. 

Where is the support for Rowett on this forum anymore. 

People saying already they are not impressed with the end of last seasons. Etc. 

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Where are the offers for Hughes then .

If Rowett doesn't want him does he wait and wait and wait for a better offer. 

So we should accept the first offer?

Look there is no right or wrong time to sell Hughes. It is easy for us to say we should on to him, we should sell him, but without knowing all the facts and details it is impossible to say whether it is a good deal for the club.

I like how you avoided my other questions.

Just now, rynny said:

So we should accept the first offer?

Look there is no right or wrong time to sell Hughes. It is easy for us to say we should on to him, we should sell him, but without knowing all the facts and details it is impossible to say whether it is a good deal for the club.

I like how you avoided my other questions.

You're just trying to tie me up in knots which you always do to deflect from the main point. 

Please stop trying to act clever.  

Just now, curtains said:

You're just trying to tie me up in knots which you always do to deflect from the main point. 

Please stop trying to act clever.  

How am I deflecting from the main point? And by main point I assume you are on about the thread? I will ask my questions again.

18 minutes ago, rynny said:

Archived