Disillusionment

brady1993

1 minute ago, David said:

The forum automatically resizes to the screen size you're using so if you use a tablet in landscape mode it will look different in portrait. Also if you shrink your browser window it can trigger the mobile site

I'm using a laptop,as that's all I've got. I did nothing other than position the cursor over the reply button,and then whoosh.Anyway,I'm going to log off,restart,see what happens,then go to bed,after examining my tongue in the mirror.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disillusionment is probably a bit strong. But I do feel that the sale of Hughes fits the current pattern of DCFC shooting itself in the foot again and again.

I guess it starts to grind you down after time - like a relationship going a bit sour. In isolation, the mistakes aren't so bad, but when you stack them up you start really questioning things (and why you're still committed!).

We had a great team in 13/14. It needed tweaking. Instead through mis-management we tore it up. At the time all the set backs seemed like things we'd recover from, but in hindsight we've compounded them - a bit like slowly removing blocks from a Jenga tower....

21 hours ago, David said:

The forum automatically resizes to the screen size you're using so if you use a tablet in landscape mode it will look different in portrait. Also if you shrink your browser window it can trigger the mobile site

Sorry to continue off thread,but I'm just concerned there might be a problem with my laptop.I'm still on the 'new' layout,so I think the best thing I can do is describe the differences between this format and the one I was getting for ages.

This one has an unread content icon,a search icon and an icon with 3 horizontal bars (which gives access to forums/notifications/messages/log out amongst other things) in the top r/h corner. From memory,the previous format had notification icon/messages/a 3rd icon that let you log out/view profile etc. What was previously 'home' is now 'forum' and whereas the old format gave the name of last poster,this one shows a mini avatar. Under the old format,if I were in,say,'transfers' and scrolled back to the top,a list of the forums was displayed and I could simply click on one to change forums.Now,it appears I have to hit the 3 bars icon,click on forums,then click on forum I want from the list. The type is definitely larger and bolder on the 'new' format.

I've definitely seen this format before,but it didn't last too many days/weeks before reverting back to the 'old' layout.

As I said,I'd just composed a long post and was about to click on 'reply' when the change happened.I do remember the type was very large for a second or two before it downsized.

1 hour ago, ramblur said:

Sorry to continue off thread,but I'm just concerned there might be a problem with my laptop.I'm still on the 'new' layout,so I think the best thing I can do is describe the differences between this format and the one I was getting for ages.

This one has an unread content icon,a search icon and an icon with 3 horizontal bars (which gives access to forums/notifications/messages/log out amongst other things) in the top r/h corner. From memory,the previous format had notification icon/messages/a 3rd icon that let you log out/view profile etc. What was previously 'home' is now 'forum' and whereas the old format gave the name of last poster,this one shows a mini avatar. Under the old format,if I were in,say,'transfers' and scrolled back to the top,a list of the forums was displayed and I could simply click on one to change forums.Now,it appears I have to hit the 3 bars icon,click on forums,then click on forum I want from the list. The type is definitely larger and bolder on the 'new' format.

I've definitely seen this format before,but it didn't last too many days/weeks before reverting back to the 'old' layout.

As I said,I'd just composed a long post and was about to click on 'reply' when the change happened.I do remember the type was very large for a second or two before it downsized.

What you are seeing is the tablet layout, try opening your browser window wider and hitting refresh

1 hour ago, David said:

What you are seeing is the tablet layout, try opening your browser window wider and hitting refresh

Switched browser from chrome to microsoft edge and got format I was used to. Went back into Chrome and zoomed out to 125% and got format back.Quite fascinating,because zooming to anything over 125% (without refreshing) gives tablet format,whilst switching back gives other format.

Still doesn't explain how it happened in the first place,without any action by me,but I'm happy now,so thanks.

1 hour ago, David said:

Just when I thought I had it sorted..... it shows me as being logged out on the home page,but logged in on the forums.Was going to mention this before,but I was previously shown as logged in on all forums but 'Transfers',yet when I clicked on an individual thread within Transfers I was shown as logged in again.

On 6/22/2017 at 13:10, Angry Ram said:

Morris County forming up nicely,..

I just don't understand anything this club does at the moment. 

Cant add much to what Alpha has posted. Jury very much out on Rowett, I also saw nothing from him last season, no direction, butterfly approach to selection.. 

I like GR but I saw and see little too. Butterflies is right. Heard a lot of good things but saw and see little. It was like he tried hard to keep Hughes Christie and the young ones out and kept playing Baird Bent and Butterfield. When Nugent and Vydra were paired early on, we played great and those two wreaked havoc but immediately after Vydra was quickly dumped back to the bench. Value down, Confidence *poof* again.

Understand he's into horses for courses but we had zero momentum and no one knew any better where they stood - except for Baird. Touting a new look team we quickly tell everyone Baird and Bent are back, add an older player and sell our best young one. Now we hear he plans to add 2-3 more ? .... as if we don't have enough of a squad already. It's all very Pearson-ish so far to me, and just follows the haphazard trend we've seen.

5 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Just when I thought I had it sorted..... it shows me as being logged out on the home page,but logged in on the forums.Was going to mention this before,but I was previously shown as logged in on all forums but 'Transfers',yet when I clicked on an individual thread within Transfers I was shown as logged in again.

The signing out thing is a bug I'm aware of and will be fixed in the next update, if you just click refresh when it looks like you've been signed out it will automatically sign you back in as you're not actually signed out, just appears so.

After a couple of times it should stick.

1 minute ago, David said:

The signing out thing is a bug I'm aware of and will be fixed in the next update, if you just click refresh when it looks like you've been signed out it will automatically sign you back in as you're not actually signed out, just appears so.

After a couple of times it should stick.

Done after 1 refresh,thanks a mill.

On 2017-6-22 at 16:19, maxjam said:

Wasn't it always going to be like this though?  We've overpaid on under-performing player and now have to cut the cloth accordingly.

We can debate who is to blame... McClaren, Clement, Pearson, Rush, Morris but its irrelevant we are where we are and have to get on with it.  

My only hope is that Mel Morris gives Gary Rowett long enough to build his own team, we're stuck with a mix of the previous 3 managers players atm and last season it was painfully obvious that they just don't gel as a group.  

If we sack Rowett in October after a rough run of results I really will despair, I said at the back end of last season that we need 3 transfer windows to sort this squad out given the large wages/long contracts of some of the players.  MM has to stick with his choice of manager now and let him see how 2-3 years minimum and build us a new squad capable of challenging (any sooner is a bonus).

I agree and I'm more lamenting how we got to were we are now from 13/14 rather than the actions Rowett needs to take. I agree about Rowett needing time and I wouldn't sack him needlessly however for me (and this may seem harsh) if we haven't improved on our position in the table this season he should go. 2-3 seasons is a long time in football if your not heading in the right direction. 

On 2017-6-22 at 16:17, McLovin said:

I agree completely, the 13/14 was brilliant to watch and well balanced, particularly the midfield. Having said that, are we overrating them slightly? I know Thorne wasn't in the team then but we got ripped to shreds on occasions and outfought , particularly in the 4-1 loss to Pearson's Leicester and in the defeat against Burnley. Likewise in the defeats away against QPR, Ipswich, Boro and the 3-3 draw against Brum. Think it's fair to say it was great to watch when it was on song but when it wasn't we got bullied at times.

We all remember the home game against Brighton in the play offs and rightly so because it was a brilliant atmosphere and occasion but I have to say watching back we were incredibly lucky in the first leg, especially Buxton who should have been sent off and the luck of the gods was clearly on our side that day with the Martin goal

I don't think we are over rating them personally. Don't get me wrong the team wasnt perfect but it felt like we had a really strong platform to build upon and that all we needed to do was bring in a quality player here, a decent squad player and we'd be away.

7 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I don't think we are over rating them personally. Don't get me wrong the team wasnt perfect but it felt like we had a really strong platform to build upon and that all we needed to do was bring in a quality player here, a decent squad player and we'd be away.

I agree with you on one point though, that team was miles better than the one we have now. Easy to say in hindsight now but if you gave me(or any other person here) the  + 20million we have spent since then and a time machine to go back to improve the final pieces for that team, we'd be laughing all the way to the prem. Maybe even a mid table prem team with some of the rubbish in the bottom half of the prem at the moment.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I agree with you on one point though, that team was miles better than the one we have now. Easy to say in hindsight now but if you gave me(or any other person here) the  + 20million we have spent since then and a time machine to go back to improve the final pieces for that team, we'd be laughing all the way to the prem. Maybe even a mid table prem team with some of the rubbish in the bottom half of the prem at the moment.

Completely, I have seen @cannable make the point a few times that sums it up best that the amount of money we've spent since the finish of 14/15 should have been enough to take us to mid table in the premiership instead it's taken us to mid table in the championship.

On 2017-6-22 at 16:40, ramsbottom said:

I can understand your annoyance.  But unless you're Real Madrid or Barcelona, or winning stuff, you're never going to hold onto promising youth products you actually want to keep.  I still have faith GR will be a success at this club.  I'm just hacked off about (the supposed) crap fee and the fact we didn't play hard ball...

I see your point and I don't mind if we ending up selling talents ( Well I do but I can accept) if an offer comes in that's too good or the player is really pushing for a move up. What I do mind is being in a situation were we are forced to sell youth talents to make up for a piss poor transfer policy. 

Archived