Disillusionment

brady1993

I'll see how the season pans out before I get disillusioned (or otherwise). I'd hoped that whatever years I have left might have seen us playing in the Prem,with Will in midfield. Along with the good things,life throws up many disappointments and you just have to ride them and carry on.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm struggling to be positive.

We've bought a RB we had in 2014. I rated him then but he's not got any better or he wouldn't be coming back.

We've bought Curtis Davies

We've got Martin and Thorne back.

We're selling the exact player we should be looking to buy. Young and promising with rough edges. Not players going down the hill.

There was no particular  improvement in our football since Rowett came in

There's no obvious style.

There's no system that seems to be in place

Despite all the arse kissing, Rowett still didn't perform miracles at Brum or Burton. Not that it's relevant to how he will do at Derby but some seem to be very confident he's going on to great things. I don't see why. Not saying he isn't but I don't feel anymore confident than with Pearson or Clement. All there is to blind faith me is that he gives a good interview.

I'm failing to see what it is that will make this team a top team in the season from the boring disjointed mid table team it was in May. 

I'm looking forward to the new season mate but respect you're views. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

The only time I didn't look forward to an upcoming season was during the latter Maxwell years. If anyone wants to do 'disillusionment',he/she should have experienced the feeling of utter helplessness over a situation that appeared to have no light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

Just now, ramblur said:

The only time I didn't look forward to an upcoming season was during the latter Maxwell years. If anyone wants to do 'disillusionment',he/she should have experienced the feeling of utter helplessness over a situation that appeared to have no light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

Mate we went through Derby nearly going out of business that was disillusionment but we came through it .

I am excited by the forthcoming season  

13 minutes ago, ramblur said:

But it gave fans a purpose - we could fight against Maxwell. What can we do now? Just say 'thanks Uncle Mel'...

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Mate we went through Derby nearly going out of business that was disillusionment but we came through it .

I am excited by the forthcoming season  

Me too. If we perform badly,then there'll be plenty of opportunity for Gary (and probably Mel) bashing.If,on the other hand,we play well,then all the current angst would have been pointless.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But it gave fans a purpose - we could fight against Maxwell. What can we do now? Just say 'thanks Uncle Mel'...

A lot seem to have found rather different things to say,so 'just' seems to be redundant.

As far as Maxwell goes,it was peashooters v tank

32 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm struggling to be positive.

We've bought a RB we had in 2014. I rated him then but he's not got any better or he wouldn't be coming back.

We've bought Curtis Davies

We've got Martin and Thorne back.

We're selling the exact player we should be looking to buy. Young and promising with rough edges. Not players going down the hill.

There was no particular  improvement in our football since Rowett came in

There's no obvious style.

There's no system that seems to be in place

Despite all the arse kissing, Rowett still didn't perform miracles at Brum or Burton. Not that it's relevant to how he will do at Derby but some seem to be very confident he's going on to great things. I don't see why. Not saying he isn't but I don't feel anymore confident than with Pearson or Clement. All there is to blind faith me is that he gives a good interview.

I'm failing to see what it is that will make this team a top team in the season from the boring disjointed mid table team it was in May. 

You're not the only one thinking that.

I wish Rowett hadn't had the last games of the season, it'd at least mean we could look towards pre-season totally fresh. I'm already a bit wary. Oh well, time will tell and there's lots of transfer window left.

Did wonder when I heard Rowett say pre-season was going to be old school, just with modern sports science as a 'wrapper' (my paraphrase) that maybe Will didn't fancy running up Allestree Park's hills.

5 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Me too. If we perform badly,then there'll be plenty of opportunity for Gary (and probably Mel) bashing.If,on the other hand,we play well,then all the current angst would have been pointless.

No point in trashing Rowett before the season starts. 

The soothsayers might be right but I hope they are wrong  

50 minutes ago, curtains said:

I certainly don't want to be like ruling Derby out. In a league this tight it's just a couple of pieces of the puzzle to turn bottom sides to middle sides and middle to top. 

I know Davies and Wisdom are decent signings. I'd say Rowett had proven a decent manager. Martin is a good striker and Thorne is a superb but unreliable midfielder.

For me that's not enough. We need an exceptional manager or a couple of exceptional signings to bridge that gap. 

I think what we are is slightly better. Slightly improved. But Rowett is still relatively unknown so the exceptional players might not be needed. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I certainly don't want to be like ruling Derby out. In a league this tight it's just a couple of pieces of the puzzle to turn bottom sides to middle sides and middle to top. 

I know Davies and Wisdom are decent signings. I'd say Rowett had proven a decent manager. Martin is a good striker and Thorne is a superb but unreliable midfielder.

For me that's not enough. We need an exceptional manager or a couple of exceptional signings to bridge that gap. 

I think what we are is slightly better. Slightly improved. But Rowett is still relatively unknown so the exceptional players might not be needed. 

I think we should wait until all the ins and outs are sorted and then look at the first 10 games of the new season to see if we are disillusioned or not.  

At the moment my glass is half full.  

I know you will disappointed if Will Hughes leaves because I know how much you rate him .

I like the lad but circumstances of which I have no knowledge might dictate his future. 

Morris County forming up nicely,..

I just don't understand anything this club does at the moment. 

Cant add much to what Alpha has posted. Jury very much out on Rowett, I also saw nothing from him last season, no direction, butterfly approach to selection.. 

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Morris County forming up nicely,..

I just don't understand anything this club does at the moment. 

Cant add much to what Alpha has posted. Jury very much out on Rowett, I also saw nothing from him last season, no direction, butterfly approach to selection.. 

I feel slightly better than I did this time last year with Pearson, just.

Talking of disappointments,I'd compiled a long post and was just about to hit the 'submit reply' button when there was a flash of activity,the forum format changed and my post disappeared into the ether,lol. To make it worse,I found the previous format a lot easier to navigate:angry:

41 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Talking of disappointments,I'd compiled a long post and was just about to hit the 'submit reply' button when there was a flash of activity,the forum format changed and my post disappeared into the ether,lol. To make it worse,I found the previous format a lot easier to navigate:angry:

I can confirm that David reads all complaints before deleting them from both the forum and his memory.

He's going for the North Korea vibe.

(Great to have you back btw ramblur)

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I can confirm that David reads all complaints before deleting them from both the forum and his memory.

He's going for the North Korea vibe.

(Great to have you back btw ramblur)

Thanks Alpha. At least the ether will have a playmate.Still can't believe how unlucky I was to get to the very end of a long post,especially as my keying style is the one fingered plodder,with zero typing experience.

47 minutes ago, ramblur said:

How do you mean forum format changed? Nothing has been touched, even Boycie doesn't have access to anything so can rule that one out

3 minutes ago, David said:

How do you mean forum format changed? Nothing has been touched, even Boycie doesn't have access to anything so can rule that one out

You're having me on,surely. The forums haven't changed,but I now have to hit an icon with 3 horizontal bars to change forum or see the notification icon,for instance.I'm off to see the doc tmw if nobody else is seeing it.

I remember the last time this came up,I got the hang of it after a while though. I just found what was on offer an hour ago was easier to navigate. I'm not kidding,I was just about to hit the reply button when the whole lot changed.

2 minutes ago, ramblur said:

You're having me on,surely. The forums haven't changed,but I now have to hit an icon with 3 horizontal bars to change forum or see the notification icon,for instance.I'm off to see the doc tmw if nobody else is seeing it.

I remember the last time this came up,I got the hang of it after a while though. I just found what was on offer an hour ago was easier to navigate. I'm not kidding,I was just about to hit the reply button when the whole lot changed.

The forum automatically resizes to the screen size you're using so if you use a tablet in landscape mode it will look different in portrait. Also if you shrink your browser window it can trigger the mobile site

Archived