Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I get that. Or on the other hand you run the risk of Watford going elsewhere and nobody else coming in for Hughes. 

By the sound of Owen Bradleys tweets earlier we've hardly been fighting them off with a stick. 

Yep that's the risk, but he's got three years left on his contract so it's not like we run the risk of losing him for nothing if Watford do go elsewhere. And at the very least I'd wait until the u21 Euros are over. One good performance (if Boothroyd ever gives him a chance) and suddenly a lot more eyes are on him.

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think after 4 year of first team championship football he should be consistent yes. 

Hold on,

So whats 30 year old bradley and 25 or whatever he is butterfieldd excuse for their inconsistencies?? 

Last season derby county were poor and underachieved to a man

i said to my old man i bet ur bottom dollar if bent leads the line this year you wont see didderly squat from our midfield, 

not a pop at darren just he aint no chris martin and as a former midfield man myself i can tell u which centre forward id want to be busting my nuts to getting up to support and trying to play off 

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Hold on,

So whats 30 year old bradley and 25 or whatever he is butterfieldd excuse for their inconsistencies?? 

Last season derby county were poor and underachieved to a man

i said to my old man i bet ur bottom dollar if bent leads the line this year you wont see didderly squat from our midfield, 

not a pop at darren just he aint no chris martin and as a former midfield man myself i can tell u which centre forward id want to be busting my nuts to getting up to support and trying to play off 

Im not excusing them. I've already said that our midfield have been poor. 

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Im not excusing them. I've already said that our midfield have been poor. 

Fair play buddy 

id just be disappointed in the club if we did make a snap decsion and let a player whos clerly in the past showed what he can do with the suitable players around him, and for me unlike butters and bradley hes at an age where theres potentially even more to come

however if thats the way daz raz wants to go and have a real shake up, u have to trust him

id be disappointed as hell if we ended up in a hendrick situation and let one of our best young talents go to pay for two.... well lets just say meh signings like anya and vydra 

4 minutes ago, dcfcgodd said:

8 million for a player that hardly ever scores and doesn't really create many assist... I'd snap watford's hands off. He hasn't improved much at all since he first came in the team 

He can pull off beautiful blind passes, scored a lovely flick against Brighton 3 years ago, he's English, went to Repton School and he's from the  academy - 20 million right there pal

8 minutes ago, dcfcgodd said:

8 million for a player that hardly ever scores and doesn't really create many assist... I'd snap watford's hands off. He hasn't improved much at all since he first came in the team 

I'm on your team

12 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Fair play buddy 

id just be disappointed in the club if we did make a snap decsion and let a player whos clerly in the past showed what he can do with the suitable players around him, and for me unlike butters and bradley hes at an age where theres potentially even more to come

however if thats the way daz raz wants to go and have a real shake up, u have to trust him

id be disappointed as hell if we ended up in a hendrick situation and let one of our best young talents go to pay for two.... well lets just say meh signings like anya and vydra 

I've got every faith that he would be replaced. Whats to say we won't get rid of Johnson or Butterfield too? 

Good luck to Will if this happens. A beautiful footballer to watch when he's on his game and I wish we could keep him. 

However, I don't see it as the end of the world and I actually agree with the fee being hinted at. 

I support Derby. The club. Players come and go and there have been many better than Will that I've had to wave goodbye to. 

Sad to see him go if indeed he does and I'll always remember him fondly. But I'll just wish him well and get behind the others who pull on the shirt come August. 

I'm one of those happy clappers that Mel loves though. But I do appreciate others will be gutted about this. It's why we love this game. A game of tribes and opinions. 

Maybe, just maybe this is nothing to do with Rowett not playing him, owing Watford money or balancing the books for FFP.  Maybe its down to Will wanting to try his luck in the Premier League? He's 22 now, approaching the best years of his career and really needs to kick on.

As much as I don't want him to go (especially to Watford for 8m) Will really does need a move to a Premier League sooner rather than later to test himself.

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

As much as I don't want him to go (especially to Watford for 8m) Will really does need a move to a Premier League sooner rather than later to test himself.

'Up to' £8m. Fine. He's signed a contract, f**k giving him away!

10 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

But why sell your most creative player for significantly less than what it's going to cost to replace him?  It's just ridiculous.

Hughes scored 1 goal and had 1 assist more than Butterfield this season

1 more assist than olsson

scored 1 more goal than anya but had the same assists.

Even he said he was poor this season. 

How would you feel if we paid 8-10 mill on a player who had just had a dreadful season?.

Archived