Arsene Wenger

scarboroughwa

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 hour ago, scarboroughwa said:

Bloody gunners fans. Almost the level of entitlement as toon fans.

You go Arsene. Earn yourself millions a year in China. You deserve it.

Chuck those gunners a david moyes, without the clout to bring in a mourinho later.

Agree, hope they capitulate when he goes. Does my head in when the likes of merson is on talk sport or sky on about the fans deserving better. 

What's so special about arsenal fans that they deserve more than any other set of fans? Nothing. 

I'm split on this and can see the POV from both sides.

The fans should be grateful to be able to regularly watch Champions League football in a beautiful stadium while also having the opportunity to play in cup finals.

However, I would be a little hacked off with the lack of ambition too. They're content with fourth place because they know the financial benefits of Champions League football.

They've allowed their best players to leave the club because they are unwilling to match the wages spent by others, but I'd hazard a guess their financial turnovers aren't too dissimilar.

The final staw for me would have been RVP leaving for United. That would never have happened prior to say 2005, but over the last decade they've allowed themselves to become inferior to their rivals.

Arsenal will never win the league again under Wenger, and the board probably know that, but they're unwilling to sack him. So, I guess what's the point? If you're not in it to win it, why even bother?

Arsenal fans have been absolute ***** with the way they have treated Wenger, the thing is I can kinda see where they are coming from without justifying their actions.

Take Derby for example, finished 9th this season and we're all pretty meh about it, we would love to be in Arsenal's position. 

Grimsby Town fans would be looking at us thinking what the hell are they moaning about unbalanced squad and poor signings, we would love to be Derby's position a top 10 Championship side.

No matter what club you support you always want better, season on season with no progress does get stale, even if that position is a dream for other fans.

Arsenal don't deserve to win titles, Derby don't deserve promotion, Grimsby don't deserve to be in the Championship you have to earn it, all 3 clubs haven't.

Would imagine it's been frustrating watching Arsenal so near but so far for so many years, I don't blame them for wanting change but protests, banners, planes, all too much and a serious lack of respect for Wenger. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Arsenal fans have been absolute ***** with the way they have treated Wenger, the thing is I can kinda see where they are coming from without justifying their actions.

Take Derby for example, finished 9th this season and we're all pretty meh about it, we would love to be in Arsenal's position. 

Grimsby Town fans would be looking at us thinking what the hell are they moaning about unbalanced squad and poor signings, we would love to be Derby's position a top 10 Championship side.

No matter what club you support you always want better, season on season with no progress does get stale, even if that position is a dream for other fans.

Arsenal don't deserve to win titles, Derby don't deserve promotion, Grimsby don't deserve to be in the Championship you have to earn it, all 3 clubs haven't.

Would imagine it's been frustrating watching Arsenal so near but so far for so many years, I don't blame them for wanting change but protests, banners, planes, all too much and a serious lack of respect for Wenger. 

Spot on. Reminds me of 'Man in the corner shop' by the Jam

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

We've booed drawing at HT numerous times. 

To be fair, it's only a very small majority that boo at half time for us. Most have lost their voices at some point during the first half to carry on any longer. It's tough work booing from the 5th minute y'know.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

To be fair, it's only a very small majority that boo at half time for us. Most have lost their voices at some point during the first half to carry on any longer. It's tough work booing from the 5th minute y'know.

Disagree! Those that boo on the half-time whistle are in the majority - most of the rest are already in the pie queue or the bog.

34 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

But Arsenal not great in Champions League etc. 10-2 against Bayern Munich 

You say not great but it's been 13 seasons since they last failed to get out the group stage, in those 13 seasons they've had 3 quarter finals, a semi final and a final.

Whilst it might not sound great compared to clubs such as Real, Barca and Bayern, compare it with other English clubs and it doesn't look bad at all

19 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Agree, hope they capitulate when he goes. Does my head in when the likes of merson is on talk sport or sky on about the fans deserving better. 

What's so special about arsenal fans that they deserve more than any other set of fans? Nothing. 

Jermaine Jenus, Matthew Upson .... ????????????? Giants of the Game

Ian Wright's shifting loyalty annoys me as far as Wenger is concerned. Always note that Keown is staunch.

They will get rid of him and suddenly they will be finishing behind Everton and Southampton, and how we will all laugh.

Photo by David Price/Arsenal FC via Getty Images

Ex-Arsenal legend Charlie George says manager Arsene Wenger will be “the greatest Arsenal manager”.

Despite being knocked out in the last 16 of the Champions League group stage, for the fifth consecutive season. George states that Wenger has revolutionised the nature of football in England.

Wenger has proven that he is more than a football philosopher he has demonstrated he is a businessman.

“The best bit of business he ever did was to buy Nicholas Anelka for £500,000, and sold him for £23m”, Arsene Wenger will probably without a doubt be the greatest Arsenal manager, until someone comes and takes over for him, and that won’t be for a long time”.

“We have bought a new stadium, to do what he’s done, he’s brought players through, he has been absolutely amazing, and he will continue to do that”.

With the new £390m Emirates stadium Wenger has taken his side through some rough times. Despite previously not being able to compete financially in the transfer market for world-class players, the manager has kept his side in the top four consistently since his arrival in July 1996.

Arsenal’s financial report of the current season was released in February 2015, from the report the club announced a £11.1m half-year pre tax profits, as their revenue grew to an impressive 9%.

The revenue has increased from £135.9m to £148.5m of the previous year. The club officially has a staggering £138.8m cash reserve. Which will allow Wenger to make additional signings. Wenger has yet to win a major title since 2005, but George said “the manager has been great for the club”.

“We are still a club that will be in every competition there’s only certain teams that can win it”.

“If we win the FA Cup again this year, it will be a good achievement”.

If Charlie says it then that should be the end of it.

Archived