Derby County 17/18 Season - Discussion Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Grantona said:

No automatic promotion, but I fancy a top-six finish for the Rams this season after last year's disappointing campaign.

I think most Derby fans would take that now if offered. I personally think we'll be a bit lower than that, but I hope we can make the playoffs.

I'm still waiting to see how the summer pans out before making any predictions, but with the squad as it is, including Wisdom, I think we do have a decent chance - providing Thorne & Forsyth are remotely close to fitness. 

It's when the players start to leave that we will need to review the situation. I'm sure if Blackman, Weimann or even Vydra leaves then it will have little impact on us. Keogh, Ince & Hughes, on the other hand, would leave us reeling. I'm just hoping the club makes the right decisions. 

Remember, no matter your thoughts on the signings we make, at least 1-2 will be completely duff. The majority will be bang average & there will hopefully be 1-2 who can make the difference. We've never had a transfer window that's differentiated away from this, apart from the ones that did for the worse. 

11 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

@McLovin yer da FC?:ph34r:

Nearly there but not quite yet, in yer da fc there's no room for the likes of Keogh, Thorne and Martin because they are too technical and flamboyant for his liking. Replace Keogh with Pearce, Thorne with Hanson and put Russell for Martin then that team is complete.

Interesting start to the summer with Rowett prioritising a solid back 4. That gives us a strong foundation with beimg solid and having defensive defenders as our basis. We have to be careful not to go all Nigel Pearson but I think Rowett is more high press, dominatimg possession in the final third and attack minded.

Based on the first two signings I think we can expect to see Christie and one of Shackell, Keogh or Pearce to go. Can't see Keogh going personally. Also surplus would be Blackman, Camara and Wiemann. I'd keep Butterfield but give him a much more attack remit if played. We lack a quality consistent left winger.

There's a lot of variety in our line up possible.

4-2-3-1 looks tasty

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Forsyth

Thorne   Johnson/Hughes

Hughes/Vydra/Martin

Ince/Russell             New/Russell

Martin/Nugent

4-3-3 looks tasty

Carson

Thorne

Hughes      Johnson/Bryson

Ince/Russell             New/Russell

Martin/Nugent

Even 4-4-2 with that back 4 looks half decent

Carson

Ince      Thorne   Johnson    Russell

Martin/Nugent   Vydra

It's still too hard to call how we will shape up but there's no doubt we have a talented squad capable of top 6. It's just whether we can get them functioning together. If Rowett can get the balance right we really should be aiming for top 6.

On 6/16/2017 at 06:37, DesertRam said:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Forsyth

Cotterill    Thorne   Johnson

Nugent    Martin    Boyd

Hughes to BHA  for 8.8 mil

Ince to Huddersfield for 9.5 mil

4th place finish

Blackman & Weiman loan to BOT

that's all.

Starting XI with SEVEN players over 30 is a bit risky?

14 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm going to predict somewhere between 12th and 16th for us.

Prove me wrong, yer bunch of c***s. 

Just reread this and realised your expletive deleted (almost) is a reference to the players and not members of this here forum.     :console:

Archived