Derby County 17/18 Season - Discussion Thread

RamsPolls

7 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Just to have another fan favourite around the club mate. Not even sure how well he's doing as a manager to be honest but we all loved having Simpson back in 13/14. 

And all hated seeing him go.

Wouldn't mind not seeing anymore fan favourites come in to get sacked, keep the memories what we have of them on the pitch.

Being a fan favourite from the 90's won't mean a great deal to the players, need the best coaches we can get rather than romantic gestures. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/8/2017 at 09:09, RamsPolls said:

Think the key for next season, @HantsRam is patience, I know our fan base is probably the most impatient in the country but like you said, Rowett is going to want to bring in his own players and people he can trust to do a job. At the moment we have players that we won't be able to shift and won't be in Rowett's long term plans. It's going to take him at least 3-4 transfer windows to get the players he wants and to also get the players he doesn't want out.  

I don't think Rams fans are any more impatient than most clubs. Yes dcfc is one of the best supported in terms of numbers, but most football fans have high aspirations. When you look around the championship and league 1 there are alot clubs who have had success in the top tier. I would say many Rams fans are frustrated by missed opportunity more than anything else. 

There's been lots of talk about transfers but just think what this team is capable of:

Carson

Baird Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes       Bryson

Ince                          Russell

Martin

Play with them at home like they can and we won't drop many points. Away maybe Johno instead of Bryson and Nuge to Martin and drop bit deeper.

We are not far if Rowett doesn't try four man midfield or other stupidies. Just need to get rid of deadwood and litte bit of new blood like Nugent. Maybe RB, CB and winger, depends who'll manage get rid of.

4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

There's been lots of talk about transfers but just think what this team is capable of:

Carson

Thorne

Hughes       Bryson

Martin

On paper probably our best team but lacks goals.

russell had a poor season and Bryson seems to be fading.

could that team score more than 50 goals?

Midtable.

8 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Carson

Thorne

Hughes       Bryson

Martin

Play with them at home like they can and we won't drop many points. Away maybe Johno instead of Bryson and Nuge to Martin and drop bit deeper.

We are not far if Rowett doesn't try four man midfield or other stupidies. Just need to get rid of deadwood and litte bit of new blood like Nugent. Maybe RB, CB and winger, depends who'll manage get rid of.

Replace Shackell with Bucko and you've got a decent starting 11 there.

34 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Do you not think we need a new right back?

Maybe. I did say decent, not superb. Superb would be having a younger version of Baird who's slightly pacier. Still Baird could do a job if he stinks to what he's done this season and rarely ventured over the halfway line.

7 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Maybe. Baird will do for the moment I suspect. If Rowett can convince Christie to forgo his attacking tendencies then that could also work.

I'm not the biggest fan of Christie, He isn't the best at defending and that should be the first thing that he's good at for his position. 

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Christie, He isn't the best at defending and that should be the first thing that he's good at for his position. 

It's easy to tell he was a winger converted into a full back isn't it?

Compare that to Fozzy where if you didn't know, you would never be able to guess he used to a winger.

9 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

It's easy to tell he was a winger converted into a full back isn't it?

Compare that to Fozzy where if you didn't know, you would never be able to guess he used to a winger.

I always forget Fozzy was a winger. His delivery does let him down but he is by far our best Full back at the club. 

There's been a leaked list of the opening day fixtures for the championship...

Leaked list -

Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County 

Aston Villa v QPR

Brentford v Bristol City

Cardiff City v Barnsley 

Fulham v Sheffield United

Ipswich Town v Burton Albion

Leeds United v Hull City

Middlesbrough v Norwich City

Millwall v Birmingham City

Nottingham Forest v Reading 

Sunderland v Bolton Wanderers 

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Preston North End

I'm pretty sure we get the same sort of thing every year but you never know :D 

22 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

There's been a leaked list of the opening day fixtures for the championship...

Leaked list -

Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County 

Aston Villa v QPR

Brentford v Bristol City

Cardiff City v Barnsley 

Fulham v Sheffield United

Ipswich Town v Burton Albion

Leeds United v Hull City

Middlesbrough v Norwich City

Millwall v Birmingham City

Nottingham Forest v Reading 

Sunderland v Bolton Wanderers 

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Preston North End

I'm pretty sure we get the same sort of thing every year but you never know :D 

Leaked by who? 

Had a quick look on Twitter and found nothing of this leak, just the one from last year that saw Wigan play Huddersfield twice at home and talk about the Premier League in the copyright.

Turned out to be rubbish, who'd have thought

9 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

As it stands, We have a very very big squad for the 17/18 season. Not sure who will be going out the door to thin this squad to how GR wants...

There's plenty of time for other clubs to get desperate! :D 

On 5/31/2017 at 06:40, Dimmu said:

Carson

Thorne

Hughes       Bryson

Martin

All looks a bit familiar. Too many in this line up associated with past failures. Change needed. 

Archived