Blind Predictions 17/18

Position Derby will finish: 8th

Player of the season:   new player 

Young player of the season:

Top goalscorer:  new striker

Scapegoat of the season:  several

How many managers:  2

Biggest player to leave the club:  Ince

Most bizarre story to come from behind the scenes at the club:  chairman gets on mic at half time and rants drunkenly 'come on you lot, lets be avin yer' 

What will happen to Nick Blackman: part ex for new squad player undisclosed fee to disguise loss 

Your unique prediction:  team reaches top six in mid december and then go on 10 game run without a win

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Position Derby will finish:  8th

Player of the season:  Chris Baird

Young player of the season:  Timi Max Elsnik

Top goalscorer:   David Nugent

Scapegoat of the season:   Chris Martin

How many managers:  One

Biggest player to leave the club:   Will Hughes

Most bizarre story to come from behind the scenes at the club:   A former DCFC favourite is quizzed as part of Operation Yewtree   

What will happen to Nick Blackman:   Given a chance but doesn't take it. Joins Wolves in January window

Your unique prediction:   We take four points against Forest / we lose and fail to score at the Riverside for the 45th visit in succession / three players from the reserves and/or U23 squad become matchday squad regulars / George Thorne to retire at the end of the season due to injury / the second and third kits are yellow and blue respectively and are both gorgeous / neither Sunderland or Boro make an immediate return to the Prem

Position Derby will finish: 4th

Player of the season: Bradley Johnson

Young player of the season: Elsnik

Top goalscorer: Nugent 

Scapegoat of the season: Keogh (even if he leaves)

How many managers: 1

Biggest player to leave the club: Hughes 

Most bizarre story to come from behind the scenes at the club: Mel Morris argues with Rowett because he's not allowed a squad number 

What will happen to Nick Blackman: plays and does quite well

Your unique prediction: we go unbeaten at home all season 

Position Derby will finish: 6th

Player of the season: Will Hughes

Young player of the season: Lowe

Top goalscorer: Martin

Scapegoat of the season: Carson

Biggest player to leave the club: Ince

Most bizarre story to come from behind the scenes at the club: Sam Rush with some shady backers from Russia launches hostile takeover bid. and/or Seeking every marginal gain, Rowett has a mystic come into the home dressing room at Pride Park who bangs his staff on the floor and proclaims "snakes be gone!"

What will happen to Nick Blackman: Unceremoniously transferred out in the summer (at a loss) "freeing up wages for players who play"

Your unique prediction: Newcastle start making approaches towards Rowett around February which are not immediately silenced.  However, form recovers and we win the play offs with Rowett at the helm.

On 03/05/2017 at 01:18, Ninos said:

I'll bet you that Offrande Zanzala scores more goals for dcfc than Martin next season. Bookmark me.

Ninos, I have bookmarked you and quoted you twice, but you don't want to seem to agree to this bet about Martin?

It's all for charity, mate.

3 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Ninos, I have bookmarked you and quoted you twice, but you don't want to seem to agree to this bet about Martin?

It's all for charity, mate.

Yep, forgot to respond to your bet that Zanzala outscores Martin for the Rams next season @Ninos - I'll take that betyou up on that too if you're not too scared to put your money where your mouth is. Can see @Leicester Ram's and my own preferred charity (Children In Need) doing quite nicely out of this. £50.00 Ok with you mucker?

Do you want a £10 side wager on my prediction that Nick Blackman gives up footy to form a Mariachi band? More likely than your suggestion I reckon ;)

My prediction: Derby sitting just outside top 6 at Christmas..... lots of wailing on here moaning about Rowett and having no plan B..... Morris pulls the trigger again.

In comes another coach..... probably Alex Neil, vowing to hit the ground running and play the Derby Way...... 5 wins on the bounce gets our hopes up. Then a midweek defeat to a struggling Bristol City side sets us sliding away from PO again. Neil is sacked and replaced by Wassall for last few games..... whilst speculation about FFP and the way we have got round it so far is similar to QPR and the FA/EFL decide to come down hard on us.

But we all love the money that has seduced us right.

However I hope.....Rowett gets all the time he needs, transitional season where we have a few ups and downs, stay patient, a decent cup run...... and rebuilt ready for a great season in 18/19. 

Hopefully all the poison has gone from the club then..... and we can talk football, the manager and coaching staff can concentrate on football..... the business side of the club is healthy... 

Stability, honesty and integrity all I ask of this club. Please Derby...... make it right. 

Position Derby will finish: 2nd

Player of the season: George Thorne

Young player of the season: Will Hughes

Top goalscorer: Tom Ince

Scapegoat of the season: Chris Baird

Biggest player to leave the club: Vydra

Most bizarre story to come from behind the scenes at the club: We don't hire new CEO at all

What will happen to Nick Blackman: Persistent knee injury forces him to retire

Your unique prediction: Another season we can't score against Burton

Position Derby will finish: 6th

Player of the season: Will Hughes

Young player of the season: Ollie Watkins (if he signs)

Top goalscorer: Matej Vydra

Scapegoat of the season: Richard Keogh

Biggest player to leave the club: Tom Ince

Most bizarre story to come from behind the scenes at the club: Mel has a hair transplant

What will happen to Nick Blackman: stays at the club and breaks into the side when Ince is sold

Your unique prediction: Our net spend is £2 million or less

Archived