Championship Play offs ..!!!!!!

neil62uk

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

This weekend and next Tuesday/Wednesday. 

Fulham v Reading Saturday 13th May 5.30pm kick off 

Reading v Fulham Tuesday 16th May 7.45pm kick off

Huddersfield v Sheffield Wednesday Sunday 14th May 12.00pm kick off 

Sheffield Wednesday v Huddersfield Wednesday 17th May 7.45pm kick off 

Playoff final 

29th May 

Thank you.

It's a small world,went into a bar in Benalmadena for a bar lunch the other day and noticed there was a lot of Sheffield Wednesday memorabilia decorating the place,got chatting to the landlord who told me that in the 90's he kept a bar in Louth in lincolnshire,my home town before moving to Spain,so for that reason I will be cheering for Wednesday

Discussing this in the pub last night , nobody seems to be mentioning  Reading , they seem to be going into the playoffs as outsiders, a good result at Craven Cottage and they could be dangerous , i for one wont be writing them off

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Odd isn't it? All four play-off teams have points in the 80s and yet there's a team in there with negative GD and one with a GD of just four. 

It just means they ground out some close wins but when they lost they got absolutely hammered.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Odd isn't it? All four play-off teams have points in the 80s and yet there's a team in there with negative GD and one with a GD of just four. 

That might indicate who will take to life in the top flight better.

I wouldn't fancy teams that go up based on winning by the odd goal and being hard to break down. Not in a league where your going to come up Benteke, Rondon, Arnautovic etc. Never mind Hazard and Coutinho.

I'd fancy the teams that are more rounded. 

I never fancied Boro to do much good. They went up after a whole season of never coming back from a losing position didn't they?

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That might indicate who will take to life in the top flight better.

I wouldn't fancy teams that go up based on winning by the odd goal and being hard to break down. Not in a league where your going to come up Benteke, Rondon, Arnautovic etc. Never mind Hazard and Coutinho.

I'd fancy the teams that are more rounded. 

I never fancied Boro to do much good. They went up after a whole season of never coming back from a losing position didn't they?

That's what's weird though, it's Huddersfield that have a negative GD! They've only won three all season by more than the odd goal and have only won one by three!

I remember asking one of their fans how that happened and supposedly Nakhi Wells (who many were clamouring for on here) has been missing chances for days.

15 minutes ago, davenportram said:

It just means they ground out some close wins but when they lost they got absolutely hammered.

As I've just mentioned, Huddersfield have only won the three game by more than one goal.

But even so, I don't think I've ever seen a team have negative GD before. 

29 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Is Chrissy available for Fulham's playoff exploits?

Yes and his loan ends on 31st May. 

On 9 May 2017 at 12:01, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

This weekend and next Tuesday/Wednesday. 

Fulham v Reading Saturday 13th May 5.30pm kick off 

Reading v Fulham Tuesday 16th May 7.45pm kick off

Huddersfield v Sheffield Wednesday Sunday 14th May 12.00pm kick off 

Sheffield Wednesday v Huddersfield Wednesday 17th May 7.45pm kick off 

Playoff final 

29th May 

I know teams change their names at the whim of a wealthy owner, but this is ridiculous!

I honestly can't believe Reading have 85 points. That's how many we got in 2013/14, yet we were miles better than them. I think the lack of draws the top teams have had has majorly boosted their points tally.

Reading in particular are so strange though. A 5-0 defeat at Fulham, 7-1 at Norwich, 4-1 at Brentford, 4-1 at Newcastle, 3-0 at Brighton, 3-0 at Preston... Away from home they have a -15 GD. How are they 3rd?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Fulham all but end the tie this weekend, winning 4-1 or something.

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I honestly can't believe Reading have 85 points. That's how many we got in 2013/14, yet we were miles better than them. I think the lack of draws the top teams have had has majorly boosted their points tally.

Reading in particular are so strange though. A 5-0 defeat at Fulham, 7-1 at Norwich, 4-1 at Brentford, 4-1 at Newcastle, 3-0 at Brighton, 3-0 at Preston... Away from home they have a -15 GD. How are they 3rd?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Fulham all but end the tie this weekend, winning 4-1 or something.

How are they 3rd? Here the answer more points than 4th/5th/6th hope that helps you with the answer. 

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

For me, Reading are one of the worst sides I've seen this season and with that said.....

They will probably win the playoffs as more often than not the best team doesn't win in this format, as we are all too aware. ?

Both Reading and Sheffield Wednesday have produced disciplined defensive performances which have proved difficult to crack.

this gives them a platform to go on and win.

not sure we could do that with our 433.

Archived