Championship Play offs ..!!!!!!

neil62uk

Glad to Sheff Wed miss out... just for that kit of theirs, if nothing else.

Pleased to see Division 1 getting a team that Sky won't be happy about.

Reading or Huddersfield  vs Burnley live on Super Sunday anyone?

Best of luck to both teams.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Reading to win and Bradford to win on Saturday too which means plenty of local Derbies in the division.

1 hour ago, sage said:

For those suggesting Jordan Rhodes, Wednesday have really struggled since he came on for Fletcher. Offers little in general play.

3 goals in 19 games (14 starts) so I'm glad we signed Nugent over Rhodes. 

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Huddersfield vs Reading. Sounds like a ***** midweek midtable score-draw from the last few seasons. Zzz.

The Championship is a weird league. 

You're spot on (last bit of your post) 

53 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Had a little peep at Owls forum. Oh dear. I didn't spend long there but the word 'bottlers' was all over it. I felt quite at home :p

I nipped on last night, felt for them a bit tbf although I didn't want them to win.  Forestieri eh. :lol: 

Came down this morning, MrRam said, 'miserable morning' - I said 'could be worse, we could be Sheffield Wednesday fans' 

32 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

I nipped on last night, felt for them a bit tbf although I didn't want them to win.  Forestieri eh. :lol: 

Came down this morning, MrRam said, 'miserable morning' - I said 'could be worse, we could be Sheffield Wednesday fans' 

I fell asleep during injury time so found out this morning. Fancy Forestieri having his pen saved eh? I feel that the manager got his tactics wrong over the 2 legs. Anyway, it's a lottery and I predicted entirely the wrong 2 teams at Wembley! 

Watching that video makes me miss Jamie Ward.. Same as watching him the other day. He had so many injuries for us but when he did play seemed a bit like our Ince. Always wanting to create something or scoring important goals.

A Huddersfield v Reading final is a reminder that football isn't played on paper, attendances, history, size of club means nothing at all.

It's performing consistently over a 46 or 49 game season.

Who goes up will fully deserve it. 21 other clubs didn't. 

I missed the first two legs as I was away at the weekend, but got to admit I thought both 2nd legs were poor adverts for the championship overall. Even though we lost last year, I thought all 5 matches were at least exciting last year and were watchable, this year I thought it was just 4 managers looking to out tactic each other (probably to buffer CV's) rather than looking to attack the opposition and dominate.

Thought Wednesday were the form team going into it but I saw nothing of the ilk, and Fulham this great passing side but again, meh. If either of them had played their game I reckon they might have had a chance but they tried to do Hudds and Reading at their own games.

My money is on Reading for the final, but can't say I feel compelled to watch it 

18 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I missed the first two legs as I was away at the weekend, but got to admit I thought both 2nd legs were poor adverts for the championship overall. Even though we lost last year, I thought all 5 matches were at least exciting last year and were watchable, this year I thought it was just 4 managers looking to out tactic each other (probably to buffer CV's) rather than looking to attack the opposition and dominate.

Thought Wednesday were the form team going into it but I saw nothing of the ilk, and Fulham this great passing side but again, meh. If either of them had played their game I reckon they might have had a chance but they tried to do Hudds and Reading at their own games.

My money is on Reading for the final, but can't say I feel compelled to watch it 

Not sure the play offs should ever be seen as an advert for the Championship, the prize on offer isn't just a trophy but money that can change your club for years, it's no surprise some of these games can be cagey as anyone can beat anyone in this league. 

Last years might have been more entertaining but I would swap 2 entertaining games for the neutrals v Hull for 2 tactical battles and a trip to Wembley with a 50/50 chance of promotion.

4 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Anyway, it's a lottery and I predicted entirely the wrong 2 teams at Wembley! 

1 hour ago, David said:

A Huddersfield v Reading final is a reminder that football isn't played on paper, attendances, history, size of club means nothing at all.

Pretty sure all the Radio Derby commentary team predicted a Sheff Weds vs Fulham final with 2/3 saying Fulham would go up...

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Pretty sure all the Radio Derby commentary team predicted a Sheff Weds vs Fulham final with 2/3 saying Fulham would go up...

Happens all over, how many bookies had us down for top 6 at the start of the season. Finals like Huddersfield v Reading and Premier League titles by Leicester is what gives me hope one day I can get one over on the bookie

Archived