Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

20 minutes ago, McLovin said:

GR said that Martin will be going on the warm weather trip

Aye but also that he sees Sam, Nugent and Jerome as his three strikers.

Shame, actually thought we missed him tonight and his attributes would have suited the occasion more, but I don’t wanna open up a can of worms...(oh god I’m gonna open a can of worms aren’t I?)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Thought we missed too many chances to put Brizzle away, Chris Martin wouldn’t have had much more influence than those already out there IMO. 

To be honest I think we just needed something a bit different. Watching the first half back last night, Nugent got most joy when he got his foot on the ball and brought others into play. Think we need more of that than the overplaying of flicks, hopeful one touch passing a to break teams down. Feel like the attacking options are going to be very ‘kick and run’, especially when Vydra is off his game. I think to be honest we only created one ‘clear cut’ chance and that was Vydra in the second half

Don’t get me wrong that something different may eventually be Jerome, and also the ‘kick and run’ thing might come from Lawrence and Vydra still not quite kicking, but yeah...just how I see it I guess.

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Just a thought, but what would have been the reaction on here had CM exaggerated a fall like Cameron Jerome did last night? Thoughts anybody?

ninos would have burst a blood vessel.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Just a thought, but what would have been the reaction on here had CM exaggerated a fall like Cameron Jerome did last night? Thoughts anybody?

Tbh it reminded me of the time at Burnley away when Martin went down under exactly the same tackle. The difference being Hendrick scored from the shot. The ref disallowed the goal booked Martin who was already on a booking so sent him off.

That really was a poor decision.  One of the worst I have seen. If a ref thinks a player dived is it a free kick? Some play on some don't. 

12 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Winnall coming on as a no.10 yesterday worried me, don’t think he’s suited to it.

He's not a no10' but last night i think we switched to 442

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

Tbh it reminded me of the time at Burnley away when Martin went down under exactly the same tackle. The difference being Hendrick scored from the shot. The ref disallowed the goal booked Martin who was already on a booking so sent him off.

That really was a poor decision.  One of the worst I have seen. If a ref thinks a player dived is it a free kick? Some play on some don't. 

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that one. Really unlucky to lose the game too. Bamford came on and ran em ragged if I recall correctly. 

9 minutes ago, Gritters said:

That refeering decision arguably cost us promotion that season, fear this one may do the same. It’s a great shame when you perform so well all season only to be ******* over by some complete ***** who wants to make a name for himself.

22 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Martin's dives are more authentic, as he's had a lot more practice. 

32 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Just a minor point. If a foul is committed, like it was on Jerome for the penalty that never was, it doesn't matter what the fouled player does after the foul, it is irrelevant as the foul has been committed first. He could do a back flip, somersault it doesn't matter. Contact was made, it was a foul and it was a penalty. Comments from these commentators about players going down too easily compound this misconception of the rules.....

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just a minor point. If a foul is committed, like it was on Jerome for the penalty that never was, it doesn't matter what the fouled player does after the foul, it is irrelevant as the foul has been committed first. He could do a back flip, somersault it doesn't matter. Contact was made, it was a foul and it was a penalty. Comments from these commentators about players going down too easily compound this misconception of the rules.....

Agreed, sign of the times unfortunately.

38 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I guarantee if we had Martin on where Jerome was, we would have had 1 if not 2 Pens. He wouldn’t have stayed up when their centre half tried to back scuttle him and would have gone down more convincingly for the 2 nd. It’s open to debate if he would have been in the position to be fouled though. 

Archived