Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Never heard that, I did see an interview with Ince that he stated that GR brought him into the office after the season had finished and said he was free to go as he needed the funds.

Rowett said it on RD  he said he spoken to both players and both expressed a wish to play in the Prem  I've never seen the Ince interview why didn't he say sorry boss I'm not going anywhere I'm going to help us get promoted 

6 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Rowett said it on RD  he said he spoken to both players and both expressed a wish to play in the Prem  I've never seen the Ince interview why didn't he say sorry boss I'm not going anywhere I'm going to help us get promoted 

I think the interview that AdamRam is referring to is the one that I saw on SKY Sports News after Ince had signed for Huddersfield. He confirmed that he did not ask to leave and was surprised when Rowett called him in at the end of the season and said he would need to let him go to raise funds to enable him to change the team. Perhaps Ince was lying...don't see why he should mind....

6 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

I going to have a wild stab in the dark here, just a guess mind you, nothing concrete, I’m sure I could be wrong ......because he got told he was going to be sold so therefore he realised he wasn’t  in GRs plans any more ?

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think the interview that AdamRam is referring to is the one that I saw on SKY Sports News after Ince had signed for Huddersfield. He confirmed that he did not ask to leave and was surprised when Rowett called him in at the end of the season and said he would need to let him go to raise funds to enable him to change the team. Perhaps Ince was lying...don't see why he should mind....

I am indeed, and if you do a quick google search there are plenty of articles saying that he was going to be let go to raise funds....let’s not let facts get In the way though :-)

3 hours ago, Ramdale said:

How could you justify and want the club to keep a player on a reported 50k (min 38k) on the wage bill when he has no part to play under Rowett? Type of decision that bankrupts clubs and fails FFP. We HAVE to get him off the wage bill this month, as those wages can be utilized to bring in quality players who will actually contribute to promotion. This isn't a knock at Martin, who has been a great player for the club, but hasn't looked effective for us since 2015/16 and even then I thought he showed signs of being on the decline.

Take 3 million for him and invest that money on players who can get us where we want to be

I do not believe that he is on that sort of money. If it was shown to be true, then I would modify my opinion, Ramdale

If he goes in the summer and gets us a couple of wins in an injury crisis then amounts to peanuts if we get the £200 million

5 hours ago, Rampage said:

Message from Rampage to Chris Martin - stay here, do what you can to help, get a promotion, get a bonus then look to see what you want to do. All other options are not best for you before July.

Sad emoticon post from Ninos - always honour good servants of the Club. I would have signed his improved contract. How can you criticise a guy for being on good money? If a manager changes the system and makes it difficult for me to get goals, do not blame me. Opposite with Vydra.

No matter which player it is or who they play for if they want out they will eventually get it.

We have seen it so many times before.

Sorry to say footballers and their agents hold all the power with regard to transfers

Although It was good to see Man City walk away from Sanchez and his megabucks demands.

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

No need to soz! His performances haVe generated a lot of loyalty but, like you, not sure there is a solution that makes sense to anybody.  He certainly has polarised opinion and I think some of the extreme responses are more directed at the 'opposite' side rather than cm himself. Which was the away game where jr hit a long ball which cm took down and hit it in a single hit, sublime skill

Spot on. It is depressing to read so many folk rubbishing him though. It's the system not the player but as it is, the system is working so we move on, or Chris does, I guess.  

Think the goal you is the one @30 seconds.. Peach :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

I going to have a wild stab in the dark here, just a guess mind you, nothing concrete, I’m sure I could be wrong ......because he got told he was going to be sold so therefore he realised he wasn’t  in GRs plans any more ?

I'm going to have a wild stab in the dark here .just a guess mind you nothing concrete You might right just wish I was as clever as you ?

34 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Spot on. It is depressing to read so many folk rubbishing him though. It's the system not the player but as it is, the system is working so we move on, or Chris does, I guess.  

Think the goal you is the one @30 seconds.. Peach :thumbsup:

Decent video, damn decent footballer!

absolutely loved Martin and wish him all the best if he moves.

hes not the perfect striker but he's damn good at what he does! 

Sunderland have agreed a loan deal with Derby for Chris Martin and hope to convince the player to make the move to the Stadium of Light, HITC Sport understands.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/18/por-sunderland-agree-deal-with-derby-for-martin/?utm_medium=share service&utm_campaign=social media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Sunderland have agreed a loan deal with Derby for Chris Martin and hope to convince the player to make the move to the Stadium of Light, HITC Sport understands.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/18/por-sunderland-agree-deal-with-derby-for-martin/?utm_medium=share service&utm_campaign=social media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

Pretty annoyed we aren’t getting money for him really, but I guess at least it’s not to a current promotion rival.

Archived