Get rid of the lot of them.

oldtimeram

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, but I knew it would ruffle a few feathers.  

I do believe all was not well within the club at player and management level. Hopefully think will change now that Rowett is here.  I do think a radical clear out is required though.

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It will take a fair few transfer windows to sort, but we as a football club need to change the type of footballer we wish to acquire.

We need to trim the squad, sell the big earners and replace them with players from lower leagues who possess the quality and desire to succeed.....easier said than done unless you are Brentford (and countless other clubs are make blinding lower league signings).

I trust Rowett will get it right.

Only if he is given time

Seriously though @Oldtime Ram  ,there is obviously something wrong,and has been for quite a while. In the 2nd leg at Hull we were told that they were playing for pride and put in a great performance.It does,however, beg the question 'why aren't they playing for pride all the time?'. Do they only have intermittent pride.

When Gary was appointed,I believed he would sort it out,but I've already downgraded this to 'hope' (probably unfair,as he hasn't yet had time to shape his squad). It hasn't taken long in his reign for the lack lustre first half showings to reappear.

Personally,I quite look forward to a possible return to 'unfashionable',Eustace like signings. Those that might not set the pulses racing of fans who've now become used to the big signings,but who are good,hard working pros, who carry out their jobs effectively and consistently 

5 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

I know many will not agree with my views,  as per on the other site, but I would get rid of all the first team squad if I could and start again from scratch. The poison needs to be totally eradicated from the club. 

We need players with heart, passion and a desire to wear the Derby County shirt, who will give their all for a full season.  No obscene salaries, or big time charlies with almighty big chips on their shoulders.

Don't worry, Shaun William Ryder up front next season, with Bez baffling the opposition with his maracas in defence!

I wrote for luck
They sent me you
I sent for juice
You give me poison

I hold the line
You form the queue
Try anything hard
Is there anything else you can do?

Ecstacy all round, next season!

For what's it worth, I actually think we have done remarkably well this season, sitting 8th above 4 recent premiership teams, 17 points above the trees (should never be our yardstick) - the club, let's be honest has been in a state of flux for the last 18mnths and more, 3 managers alone this season, all with very different approaches/styles, missed some key players through long term injury, some players have had poor seasons by their standards/expectation and on the whole some inadequate signings.

Changes in personal need to be made for sure.

Stepping back a bit though, look at the league table and our context over the last 12 mnths and we've done alright. The league really is unpredictable, who would have expected our next visitors to Pride Park to be sitting comfortably in 3rd?

Here's to a win on Monday! COYR

4 minutes ago, Archie said:

For what's it worth, I actually think we have done remarkably well this season, sitting 8th above 4 recent premiership teams, 17 points above the trees (should never be our yardstick) - the club, let's be honest has been in a state of flux for the last 18mnths and more, 3 managers alone this season, all with very different approaches/styles, missed some key players through long term injury, some players have had poor seasons by their standards/expectation and on the whole some inadequate signings.

Stepping back a bit though, look at the league table and our context over the last 12 mnths and we've done alright. The league really is unpredictable, who would have expected our next visitors to Pride Park to be sitting comfortably in 3rd?

There's a very good reason why Huddersfield are sitting 3rd,though.I suppose older fans like me suffer from nostalgia,and your handle reminded me of a guy who was the epitomy of the 100%er,one who wore the shirt with pride,whether it be club,country or training ground.Heaven only knows what he thinks of current affairs 

10 minutes ago, ramblur said:

There's a very good reason why Huddersfield are sitting 3rd,though.I suppose older fans like me suffer from nostalgia,and your handle reminded me of a guy who was the epitomy of the 100%er,one who wore the shirt with pride,whether it be club,country or training ground.Heaven only knows what he thinks of current affairs 

Thought you were on about Bloomer for a minute there, you aren't that old are you?! Good to see you back ramblur, hope you are well.

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Thought you were on about Bloomer for a minute there, you aren't that old are you?! Good to see you back ramblur, hope you are well.

Thanks mate,I remember them well,but never got to use the 'Going down,going down,going down' chant.

Was feeling a bit better after the first few Gary games,but haven't felt so good today.Just shows the effect the Rams can have on you.

21 minutes ago, Archie said:

Good post. I don't buy any of this poisonous/now bad egg chat.

A much more simpler explanation is what you have outlined above.

The margins are fine and it would not have required a vastly different season to be in the top 6 now. A few late goals prevented would have been enough.

Steve, Clement and Pearson were not very good man managers or motivators as they seemed unable to arrest a decline.  Maybe they may have done with time, but I doubt it.

Think Rowett is different and will hopefully bring back the good parts of Nigel Clough (bringing in cheap players who quickly improve, squad togetherness, discipline) but with the advantage of having better quality players at his disposal.

36 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Are you sure you've had the right amount of meds this evening ramblur!

My question wasn't why were Huddersfield in 3rd. Did anyone (aside from a handful of either loopy or well informed fans) at the start of the season tip them to be where they are now? I'm asking about what was expected from them at the start of the season. Villa and Newcastle were tipped to walk it. 

Haven't worn a football shirt to a match for about 30 years!

2 minutes ago, Archie said:

Are you sure you've had the right amount of meds this evening Rambler!

My question wasn't why were Huddersfield in 3rd. Did anyone (aside from a handful of either loopy or well informed fans) at the start of the season tip them to be where they are now? I'm asking about what was expected from them at the start of the season. Villa and Newcastle were tipped to walk it. 

Haven't worn a football shirt to a match for about 30 years!

Sorry Archie,my comment about Hudders was more of an aside than a direct reply to your post,which I should have made clear. Probably taking too many of the fecking meds.

Anyways,get the shirt back on asap!

bet365‏Verified account @bet365  Apr 14

More

Derby spent more last summer than Brentford have in their 127-year history. Brentford 4-0 Derby

We need to get back to basics - basic football. It's not hard really is it. I suspect it is, but it bloody shouldn't be.  It's like we're in such a good place, we're overthinking. Trying to do too much, throwing money at it doesn't help, it makes matters worse by putting too much pressure on us.

We need to cut back and freshen up a bit. Easier said than done I know but when you see the above stat - it's not all about money. 

9 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

I know many will not agree with my views,  as per on the other site, but I would get rid of all the first team squad if I could and start again from scratch. The poison needs to be totally eradicated from the club. 

We need players with heart, passion and a desire to wear the Derby County shirt, who will give their all for a full season.  No obscene salaries, or big time charlies with almighty big chips on their shoulders.

We are probably going to finish about 8th, not 24th. Massive over reaction. We havent had Martin, Thorne and Forsyth for a whole season also, three very good players. 

Some of the players likely to be on highest wages have performed well this season. It's just as a team we have been too inconsistent, plus the first 9 matches we were completely useless with Pearson in charge. 

4 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Good post. I don't buy any of this poisonous/now bad egg chat.

A much more simpler explanation is what you have outlined above.

The margins are fine and it would not have required a vastly different season to be in the top 6 now. A few late goals prevented would have been enough.

Steve, Clement and Pearson were not very good man managers or motivators as they seemed unable to arrest a decline.  Maybe they may have done with time, but I doubt it.

Think Rowett is different and will hopefully bring back the good parts of Nigel Clough (bringing in cheap players who quickly improve, squad togetherness, discipline) but with the advantage of having better quality players at his disposal.

Also, a completely useless and bizarre first 9 matches left us right down. We only took I think 6 points from these matches. We should really be on about 70 points now and still in contention. 

12 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Yep, chuck all of the toys out of the cot. I'm sure that will help.

Archived