Get rid of the lot of them.

oldtimeram

10 hours ago, MrsRam said:

bet365‏Verified account @bet365  Apr 14

More

Derby spent more last summer than Brentford have in their 127-year history. Brentford 4-0 Derby

We need to get back to basics - basic football. It's not hard really is it. I suspect it is, but it bloody shouldn't be.  It's like we're in such a good place, we're overthinking. Trying to do too much, throwing money at it doesn't help, it makes matters worse by putting too much pressure on us.

We need to cut back and freshen up a bit. Easier said than done I know but when you see the above stat - it's not all about money. 

Sounds like a bad stat but there are probably a lot of clubs the same as that.

Our sales last summer were also more than Brentford have spent in their 127 year history.

A lot of us on here have probably earnt more money in our life than Brentford spent in their first 100 years or so, when they probably spent nothing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I disagree with the OP, I do think that the honeymoon period following SM's first tenure has now faded and players who I've defended on here over this season (namely JR and Bryson) are now all in the mix to be sold off.

I think losing to Brentford was probably good for us. That vain hope of reaching the play offs was just continuing to paper over some cracks.

unlike earlier in the season I'm really not bothered who we get rid of when Rowett decides to cash in on a few. We certainly don't need to get rid of them all, but we have a bloated smorgasbord of a squad and could do with a bit more grit and honesty in our players.

Ince for example is our top scorer and arguably player of the season, but I have no affinity to him and if he can't play for anyone other than SM then I wouldnt mind if we recouped the money we got for him, bought two £1m pound lower league prospects and shaved a bit off the wage bill.

its only really Hughes that I'd like to keep, mainly as I'd like to see him captain us in the Prem and be our Gerrard, but I really don't care if any of the other players were sold.

1 hour ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Although I disagree with the OP, I do think that the honeymoon period following SM's first tenure has now faded and players who I've defended on here over this season (namely JR and Bryson) are now all in the mix to be sold off.

I think losing to Brentford was probably good for us. That vain hope of reaching the play offs was just continuing to paper over some cracks.

unlike earlier in the season I'm really not bothered who we get rid of when Rowett decides to cash in on a few. We certainly don't need to get rid of them all, but we have a bloated smorgasbord of a squad and could do with a bit more grit and honesty in our players.

Ince for example is our top scorer and arguably player of the season, but I have no affinity to him and if he can't play for anyone other than SM then I wouldnt mind if we recouped the money we got for him, bought two £1m pound lower league prospects and shaved a bit off the wage bill.

its only really Hughes that I'd like to keep, mainly as I'd like to see him captain us in the Prem and be our Gerrard, but I really don't care if any of the other players were sold.

i cant see how they have all become poor players overnight

If these players are all so crap, then who is going to buy them? Presumably, they are only good enough for lower Championship teams or League 1.  If the players are just mercenaries, then are these clubs going to pay them what they want?

Don't think it's as simple to get rid of em all and start again than many would like.

4 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

Were they ever that good?

judging by what iv seen from many of them over the last couple of seasons i think its safe to say certain clubs saw us coming, licked their lips and stuck a couple of extra million onto the price tags

we've paid some horribly over inflated fees for some very average players.

as brentford showed at the weekend theres a hell of a lot better out there available for a lot less

if mel is going to any more throwing about of his cash i suggest its on a competant scouting/recruitment team 

18 hours ago, MrsRam said:

bet365‏Verified account @bet365  Apr 14

More

Derby spent more last summer than Brentford have in their 127-year history. Brentford 4-0 Derby

We need to get back to basics - basic football. It's not hard really is it. I suspect it is, but it bloody shouldn't be.  It's like we're in such a good place, we're overthinking. Trying to do too much, throwing money at it doesn't help, it makes matters worse by putting too much pressure on us.

We need to cut back and freshen up a bit. Easier said than done I know but when you see the above stat - it's not all about money. 

Brentford spends

16/17

Sergi Canos - £2.47m

Rico Henry - £1.53m

Florian Jozefzoon - £383k

Total = £4.38m

15/16

Andreas Bjelland - £2.13m

Philipp Hofmann - £1.70m

Maxime Colin - £1.28m

Ryan Woods - £1.16m

Lasse Vibe - £1.11m 

Josh McEachran - £884k

Yoann Barbet - £595k

Total =  £8.85m

14/15

Jota - £1.28m

Lewis MacLeod - £1.09m

Moses Odubajo - £1.06m

Scott Hogan - £808k

Andre Gray - £527k

Total = £4.76m

So in the last three years they have spent a total of around £17.99m

We spent £12m in the summer

28 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Were they ever that good?

judging by what iv seen from many of them over the last couple of seasons i think its safe to say certain clubs saw us coming, licked their lips and stuck a couple of extra million onto the price tags

we've paid some horribly over inflated fees for some very average players.

as brentford showed at the weekend theres a hell of a lot better out there available for a lot less

if mel is going to any more throwing about of his cash i suggest its on a competant scouting/recruitment team 

think your right about a good scout probably should have paid a top class scout instead of waisting money sacking managers as reguards the players many players havent fitted in at derby, players who have gone on to play in the premiership and play well in other teams and most of those where berated on this forum so i dont think its poor players so much as being used in the right way and fitting into a well balanced team

4 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

I didnt say that they've all become poor players or even imply that it's happened over night. What I was trying to say is that I'm no longer that bothered about who stays and who goes, but there was a point  earlier this season when I thought that some of the star players from McLarens first time here should be given a chance to prove themselves again when they've not been great recently. Now I couldn't care less.  But thinking about it we could see Desart, Bent, Weimann all be cleared out and with maybe Shackell, Blackman and a few other fringe/junior players cleared out then we could easily free up some cash to buy a couple of properly decent players 

13 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

think your right about a good scout probably should have paid a top class scout instead of waisting money sacking managers as reguards the players many players havent fitted in at derby, players who have gone on to play in the premiership and play well in other teams and most of those where berated on this forum so i dont think its poor players so much as being used in the right way and fitting into a well balanced team

Agree re the fit of some players

it begs the question, say in the instance of weimann and blackman under Clement why the chuff we bought them to stick them out wide

blackman even said on arrival when interviewed he wanted to play through the middle and yet got shoved out wide and every villa fan i know (3 lol) said play him through the middle or not at all

total madness 

someone got it horribly wrong thats for sure

8 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

I didnt say that they've all become poor players or even imply that it's happened over night. What I was trying to say is that I'm no longer that bothered about who stays and who goes, but there was a point  earlier this season when I thought that some of the star players from McLarens first time here should be given a chance to prove themselves again when they've not been great recently. Now I couldn't care less.  But thinking about it we could see Desart, Bent, Weimann all be cleared out and with maybe Shackell, Blackman and a few other fringe/junior players cleared out then we could easily free up some cash to buy a couple of properly decent players 

well its just opinions i suppose

1 hour ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Brentford spends

16/17

Sergi Canos - £2.47m

Rico Henry - £1.53m

Florian Jozefzoon - £383k

Total = £4.38m

15/16

Andreas Bjelland - £2.13m

Philipp Hofmann - £1.70m

Maxime Colin - £1.28m

Ryan Woods - £1.16m

Lasse Vibe - £1.11m 

Josh McEachran - £884k

Yoann Barbet - £595k

Total =  £8.85m

14/15

Jota - £1.28m

Lewis MacLeod - £1.09m

Moses Odubajo - £1.06m

Scott Hogan - £808k

Andre Gray - £527k

Total = £4.76m

So in the last three years they have spent a total of around £17.99m

We spent £12m in the summer

Furry muff. It was on twitter. Could have been right. It isn't. Well done you. 

Doesnt detract from the fact we have some players that  should do  better. 

Archived