Brentford v Derby County

Mafiabob

3 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

Ask the players?

Ask them why fans were talking about them turning around the gap on the top 6 but then one game later are calling them to be binned

I think I'm asking the right people. 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Alpha said:

People were asking for Derby to turn around 7 points in 5 games over two teams that have been better than Derby over 41 games on a bank holiday weekend where Derby have Brentford away and Huddersfield at home. It's mathematically possible in the same way Man United can win the PL.

And if the team were bottlers why would you expect them to win? 

Can't have it both ways 

I don't think many people realistically expected it to be fair.

And those who did were dreamers.  Doesn't hurt to be a dreamer when you're a fan.

(It's just not nice getting the rude awakening, hence the reactions.)

Just now, angieram said:

1600 of us on our way home from Brentford are.

Of course you are!

Chin up.

I remember travelling all the way to Southampton and we lost 4-0!

Charlie George was playing for Southampton which made it worse. 

Respect to the 1600

Just now, DerbyMark said:

Of course you are!

Chin up.

I remember travelling all the way to Southampton and we lost 4-0!

Charlie George was playing for Southampton which made it worse. 

Respect to the 1600

You mentioned Charlie George , at least that put a smile on my face. 

Ask them why fans were talking about them turning around the gap on the top 6 but then one game later are calling them to be binned

Because most of us knew play offs was unrealistic but the dream was there. However ANY team aiming for promotion can NOT be turned over 4-0. Will we lost throughout the season? Of course.  We cannot be dicked 4-0 though by anyone never mind this being the third time we've lost by at least 3 goals.

What do you mean by that?

I said the play off's had gone after Cardiff and got slaughtered for it...

But the fans have hope, otherwise they wouldn't go.

You know better than the rest of us then?

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

We don't play do we .

We can dream can't we. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

They are fluid and no one really getting a hold on them in midfield. Jota running show. 

Feel a bit sorry for Baird and Olsson as they are under pressure all the time. Now Baird has been booked he can't do a lot to stop the crosses.

Yes, defensive mistakes for goal but they have been under the cosh for most of the first half.

Ball hasn't got to our forwards very often but when it has they haven't been able to keep hold of it.

Interesting to see what Rowett will do to change this around for us - will hopefully see what he's made of now.

Hughes is coming on.

PS Our fans are woeful - so much for terracing! 

Was going to write a full time match report but I think that this will do instead - just rinse and repeat!

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

People were asking for Derby to turn around 7 points in 5 games over two teams that have been better than Derby over 41 games on a bank holiday weekend where Derby have Brentford away and Huddersfield at home. It's mathematically possible in the same way Man United can win the PL.

And if the team were bottlers why would you expect them to win? 

Can't have it both ways 

Every match I hope they will win,but can accept it if we don't,but why should we have to put up with

little belief.

little desire/effort.

little self pride.

no pride in the shirt.

still got paid handsomely though.

1 minute ago, DerbyMark said:

What do you mean by that?

I said the play off's had gone after Cardiff and got slaughtered for it...

But the fans have hope, otherwise they wouldn't go.

You know better than the rest of us then?

Hope is fine, if people are mature enough to manage their expectations and deal with disappointment like adults. I've just about had my fill with spoiled reactionary "fans" who greet every defeat as if the sky has just fallen on their heads and start demanding that every player is sold. I'm honestly at the point where I wouldn't mind a few seasons of mid table mediocrity just to get these people to **** off and leave us in peace and quiet until the next time it looks like we might get promoted.

3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Well...... When we win we all think we're the best team in the world and all our problems have gone and we are the next Leicester City. When we lose erm.... find me a rope..

Exactly. What is wrong with these people.

This is what I'm saying about McClaren and Rowett. 

The very people spunking over Rowett and moaning at those that aren't will be the first to bitch about him and moan that others aren't. 

Do people not know the sensible middle anymore. 

I mean the praise being heaped on the team for a poor 45 vs Forest, a hit and miss game v Fulham, a poor game v Brum and a win over QPR was remarkable. Now look! 

ffs Derby are a midtable side getting... yep, midtable results.

They were the same under McClaren. 

It's just like stepping into the mind of a 2 year old. 

All aboard the bipolar express

Exactly. What is wrong with these people.

This is what I'm saying about McClaren and Rowett. 

The very people spunking over Rowett and moaning at those that aren't will be the first to bitch about him and moan that others aren't. 

Do people not know the sensible middle anymore. 

I mean the praise being heaped on the team for a poor 45 vs Forest, a hit and miss game v Fulham, a poor game v Brum and a win over QPR was remarkable. Now look! 

ffs Derby are a midtable side getting... yep, midtable results.

They were the same under McClaren. 

It's just like stepping into the mind of a 2 year old. 

All aboard the bipolar express

You don't know why McClaren was sacked for the 2nd time do you or maybe you do. 

5 minutes ago, swiftur said:

Every match I hope they will win,but can accept it if we don't,but why should we have to put up with

little belief.

little desire/effort.

little self pride.

no pride in the shirt.

still got paid handsomely though.

I'm not asking you to. I'm wondering why this morning some thought we were capable of making the play offs if we're so useless

59 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Well rowett made the same mistake playing the wrong formation and players in the wrong positions. Winning and getting used to 4231 nudge and Vydra doing well then changes it and been no threat since.

maybe the players think oh dear here we go again with the 433 that hasn't worked for most of the season

I wasn't there and am a half fan but on the basis of radio Derby commentary this sounded very like the Brum game. I am curious as to why, when 433 lacked an edge, we did the same again today ? 

My guess is that Gary had an idea that 433 with the extra midfielder might be his preferred away set up. On this evidence it doesn't work ! Which brings me back to what we have been missing and that is a commanding midfielder, or alternatively a set up that puts the opposition on the back foot. 4/2/3/1

433 with the current players isn't effective. Might be different with George or CM ( conducting and holding respectively ) but the 4/2/3/1 with this group has looked much more fluid both at the end of Mac2 and the beginning of Gary. 

That however doesn't excuse the way heads dropped and fight seemed to be missing in certain quarters. Anyway .. Not worried one little bit .. This is experimentation and learning .. It's a harsh, early pre season assessment of what we can do to get better. 

Archived