The Difference

Topram

29 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I think most of us acknowledge he isn't ****.. he probably is decent at this level. A few of us just realise he's nothing more than that. 

The " chosen few " .  :D            Cobblers!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

and the rest of us know he is far more than decent...and not 'probably' either,definetly 

Why does he never top the goal scoring charts? Why does he never make FL team of the year? Why do some of us not rate him that high?

Genuine question do you think he could cut it in the prem?

6 hours ago, Simsy said:

Why does he never top the goal scoring charts? Why does he never make FL team of the year? Why do some of us not rate him that high?

Genuine question do you think he could cut it in the prem?

Most C'ship goals since 14/15
43⚽️ ?CHRIS MARTIN?
42⚽️ McCormack & Gray
40⚽️ Murphy & Rhodes
37⚽️ Wells
35⚽️ Wood & Ince

I'd like to see him help us out of the championship first......

As to whether he would do well in the prem,I'd hope so.....If he gets picked to play for his country on a regular basis then why not.

And as to why some don't rate him,that's their issue to explain,not mine.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

43⚽️ ?CHRIS MARTIN?
42⚽️ McCormack & Gray
40⚽️ Murphy & Rhodes
37⚽️ Wells
35⚽️ Wood & Ince

As to whether he would do well in the prem,I'd hope so.....If he gets picked to play for his country on a regular basis then why not.

You do realise most of those have gone on and played at a higher level such as the premier league.

infact that just shows how prolific he isn't as he's only just ahead with more seasons in this division!

46 minutes ago, Simsy said:

You do realise most of those have gone on and played at a higher level such as the premier league.

infact that just shows how prolific he isn't as he's only just ahead with more seasons in this division!

Hardly Martin's fault that he remained with derby and showed loyalty to a club that should have shown him some too when he was farmed off.......And still Fulham's top scorer this season despite not starting every match for various reasons.

Some on here seem to spend more time and effort trying to degenerate our players and their achievements than actually celebrating them.

Quite sad really when our top scorer for several seasons,who cost us precisely nothing to bring in and who desperately wants to return and stay at our club doesn't get the loyalty he deserves in my opinion.......It seems to be easier to live in fantasy land with dreams of players we will be never see playing for us or if they did,would probably not be able to emulate their,unfashionable to some,predecessor.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Hardly Martin's fault that he remained with derby and showed loyalty to a club that should have shown him some too when he was farmed off.......And still Fulham's top scorer this season despite not starting every match for various reasons.

Some on here seem to spend more time and effort trying to degenerate our players and their achievements than actually celebrating them.

Quite sad really when our top scorer for several seasons,who cost us precisely nothing to bring in and who desperately wants to return and stay at our club doesn't get the loyalty he deserves in my opinion.......It seems to be easier to live in fantasy land with dreams of players we will be never see playing for us or if they did,would probably not be able to emulate their,unfashionable to some,predecessor.

It's not I don't appreciate what he has done. I just recognise he isn't that prolific and he lacks pace and work rate. To say he's showed loyalty is ******** as I haven't heard of him turning down any move away and the first move that came up he took with Fulham. 

Honestly I am happy to have him back as an option. I think and hope rowett will be willing to sub him or drop him if he isn't performing. My points are that some of you guys massively overrate him. There is a reason the Scotland fans think he's **** and there is a reason a lot of Fulham fans do too. The guy can't get in fulhams team and even I would rather Martin than aluko!

3 hours ago, Simsy said:

Only Gray has played at a higher level? So what point are you making?

25 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Only Gray has played at a higher level? So what point are you making?

Rhodes as well. Point is Martin has had far more seasons in comparison to those players on that list.

He can score a decent amount of goals but not enough to ever be in contention for golden boot.

you won't see anyone offering 12m for Martin.

So he scores a decent amount of goals but you don't rate him because he hasn't won the golden boot.....Well that relegates 99 percent of the league's strikers to the not good enough pile then.

I'm pretty sure we won't be getting any Barcelona strikers in so we might have to make do with strikers like Martin and their proven goal scoring ability unfortunately.

And fortunately for Scotland,their manager takes as much notice of his fans when choosing a team as our new gaffa does....

8 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

43⚽️ ?CHRIS MARTIN?
42⚽️ McCormack & Gray
40⚽️ Murphy & Rhodes
37⚽️ Wells
35⚽️ Wood & Ince

5 hours ago, Simsy said:

Your first point, which of those have gone on to establish themselves in the Premier League? Martin has PL appearances too doesn't he?

Your second point... has Ninos and toddy put you up to this? :lol:

He's scored 43 Championship goals since 14/15, duck. And he's been top scorer at his clubs from then until now. 

Just admit it, you like players that run around a lot. Players that "work hard". Like the totally useless but fast and strong Connor Sammon. 

Some Fulham fans don't rate him?

Don't they? They must be big fans of their second top scorer then.

Some Derby fans don't rate Keogh. Yet the last 4 or 5 managers have picked him for every single game. Has he missed a single game for us since signing through anything other than injury?

4 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Massive difference. 

I don't want pretty football. 

I want points. Lots of them. I want wins. Lots of them. However we get them. :)

Yeah... I'm pretty sure the "pretty football" you don't want doesn't exist to entertain. It exists because of the control you can establish on a game. If you control a game then it's a lot easier to win.

Besides, my favourite season before Mac was the George Burley one. Not the ugly Billy one. And the ugly football didn't do too well when the level of opponent increased and swallowed up what control of a match we did muster

50 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah... I'm pretty sure the "pretty football" you don't want doesn't exist to entertain. It exists because of the control you can establish on a game. If you control a game then it's a lot easier to win.

Besides, my favourite season before Mac was the George Burley one. Not the ugly Billy one. And the ugly football didn't do too well when the level of opponent increased and swallowed up what control of a match we did muster

Ugly to one person is pretty to another ... and vice versa. 

The roll of aesthetics is only cool if you have a "winning" team anyway .. 

Cruyffs' Holland side played beautiful football. But their TOTAL football was a winning formula... 

9 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

43⚽️ ?CHRIS MARTIN?
42⚽️ McCormack & Gray
40⚽️ Murphy & Rhodes
37⚽️ Wells
35⚽️ Wood & Ince

6 hours ago, Simsy said:

Only Andre Gray that's it. 

Martin have played in Premier League so as Ince. Rhodes can't hack it. Others are same as Rhodes. 

45 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Ugly to one person is pretty to another ... and vice versa. 

The roll of aesthetics is only cool if you have a "winning" team anyway .. 

Cruyffs' Holland side played beautiful football. But their TOTAL football was a winning formula... 

Except they never won anything playing it.

On 09/04/2017 at 16:44, Alpha said:

Your first point, which of those have gone on to establish themselves in the Premier League? Martin has PL appearances too doesn't he?

Your second point... has Ninos and toddy put you up to this? :lol:

He's scored 43 Championship goals since 14/15, duck. And he's been top scorer at his clubs from then until now. 

Just admit it, you like players that run around a lot. Players that "work hard". Like the totally useless but fast and strong Connor Sammon. 

43. That is an average of 14 a season. What about before 14/15? If his best 3 seasons as a striker only gets him 14 a season that again shows he isn't a prolific scorer. He needs to find at least another 10 goals a season to be a threat to take the golden boot.

If your argument is that he's not a goal scorer but other attributes help us then fine that's another debate but you can't say he's a lethal striker.

do I like players that work hard? Absolutely. Do I like a useless Conor Sammon? Absolutely not

Archived