Vydra

Jimbo Ram

He doesn't have to stay ofcourse but there is a part of me that thinks that if I was a professional, I'd be wanting to watch 90 mins of football win or lose. I could then look at how the team wants to play, how I can contribute and what I need to do to get into that team. It's not your job to watch football, but it is your responsibility to improve, evaluate and give the right impression to your bosses to give you a go. I'd have hoped to hear a positive story like:

"Vydra has been in the stands and sat there, taken notes and analysed the game. Someone shouted at him 'cor blimey matty that was a stinker, eh?' To which he replied he would be knocking on Mclaren's door first thing in the morning to discuss a few things"

Like I said it's up to the individual player, but it doesn't say an awful lot

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this story even true.

Or does it smack of 'false news'

there was no sign of vydra in the directors box where there were plenty of seats.

(P.s. Eric steele was there......and simmo was there v bristol city)

28 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Surplus to requirements? Actually named on the bench last night which I was happy with only to be left there all game despite it being 0-0.

If he isn't going to be used when we cant find the net at home to bloody burton then when will he be used?

Puzzled me too that one . Chasing the game , Bent offered little last night and never looked like scoring and he left Vydra on the bench ?

What has vydra done over the season under two different managers and starting  many of the games to warrant starting ahead of bent?

I'm not not bents biggest fan as he really isn't suited to being our main striker,he adds little to the game other than goals but vydra adds neither.

There is a reason that Nugent is getting the nod over him when being brought on and the reason we bought another striker in when we had already splurged £8 million on vydra....Mac clearly doesn't like what he sees in training or on the actual pitch.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What has vydra done over the season under two different managers and starting  many of the games to warrant starting ahead of bent?

I'm not not bents biggest fan as he really isn't suited to being our main striker,he adds little to the game other than goals but vydra adds neither.

There is a reason that Nugent is getting the nod over him when being brought on and the reason we bought another striker in when we had already splurged £8 million on vydra....Mac clearly doesn't like what he sees in training or on the actual pitch.

I can see your point. But what I find strange is he's not even being involved in the under 23's.

I've always felt being given a run of games he'd find some form, the line up's we've played haven't been geared round him. I think him and Nugent would form a great partnership. But do I think we'll see that happening? I'm highly doubtful. 

4 minutes ago, Waffle said:

I can see your point. But what I find strange is he's not even being involved in the under 23's.

I've always felt being given a run of games he'd find some form, the line up's we've played haven't been geared round him. I think him and Nugent would form a great partnership. But do I think we'll see that happening? I'm highly doubtful. 

I don't know why he's not getting a go in the under 23's...To be honest I'd forgotten that was an option...Might have done him good.

In respect of a run of games tho,he had that earlier in the season and it came to naught really....

I think I'd rather see Nugent having a crack over a few games now

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't know why he's not getting g a go in the under 23's...To be honest I'd forgotten that was an option...Might have done him good.

In respect of a run of games tho,he had that earlier in the season and it came to naught really....

I think I'd rather see Nugent having a crack over a few games now

I'm honestly don't think he'll be sold in the summer. Mac worked wonders with Stoch at Twente who is a similar player to Vydra albeit a winger. 

I honestly can see where Vydra is going to have a part to play this season - he can't do the front man and he has been tried wide where he kept trying to make number ten runs between the centre halves anyway. I don't think he's been able to adapt his game but he hasn't shown enough to adapt the team to him. It's coming to something when you think Nick Blackman is going to be more use.

Perhaps Mac is thinking of a Martin/Vydra partnership to come next season? If McClaren isn't thinking along those lines, then it's got to be on your way with him. Leicester still play 4-4-2 don't they?

Sit Vydra in front of the 13/14 videos and tell him "you see those runs Bryson's making, next season, do that"

Archived