Barcelona/PSG

TheresOnlyWanChope

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suarez couldnt make his mind up where the contact was. First he launches himself towards the goal, realises there is no contact, feels an arm, goes to hold the top of his head, then ends up rolling on the flop like stone cold Steve Austin had choke slammed him through the air.

He's a ****. I ended up not wanting Liverpool to win the league the other year because of him. Theres the handball on the line at the world cup, the biting, the constant cheating, the biting again. Telling Evra he doesnt speak to black people. More biting, more diving. The injury at Norwich when he just got up and scored when the ball ran towards his lifeless body.

Then last night. He'd already tried it three times and been booked once.

He's a ****.

Anybody who buys his name on a shirt is a ****, anybody who thinks ladt night was a great comeback needs a bite off Suarez, and finally, hes a ****.

And if you've got a Barcelona shirt, go have a shave, take off your **** driving sunglasses, get tattoo removals, stop saying the comeback was super-sick, drink normal beer, get that stupid vape thing out of your gob, stop spending more time doing your hair and looking in the mirror than your Mrs, and stop pretending you like Spanish football and being vegan.

26 minutes ago, Norman said:

Suarez couldnt make his mind up where the contact was. First he launches himself towards the goal, realises there is no contact, feels an arm, goes to hold the top of his head, then ends up rolling on the flop like stone cold Steve Austin had choke slammed him through the air.

He's a ****. I ended up not wanting Liverpool to win the league the other year because of him. Theres the handball on the line at the world cup, the biting, the constant cheating, the biting again. Telling Evra he doesnt speak to black people. More biting, more diving. The injury at Norwich when he just got up and scored when the ball ran towards his lifeless body.

Then last night. He'd already tried it three times and been booked once.

He's a ****.

Anybody who buys his name on a shirt is a ****, anybody who thinks ladt night was a great comeback needs a bite off Suarez, and finally, hes a ****.

And if you've got a Barcelona shirt, go have a shave, take off your **** driving sunglasses, get tattoo removals, stop saying the comeback was super-sick, drink normal beer, get that stupid vape thing out of your gob, stop spending more time doing your hair and looking in the mirror than your Mrs, and stop pretending you like Spanish football and being vegan.

Well said that man. 

16 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Whenever I see stuff like this part of me thinks that football is 100% manufactured, and stage managed like WWE and they've got the whole world fooled.

How can a team play as well as PSG in one game and then play as badly as that in another just two weeks later against the same players?

How can the supposed best officials in Europe make such errors?

Must all be orchestrated by someone, somewhere.

Trump

Amazing game. have to agree with the poster saying Barca didn't play that well though, it was more a PSG implosion than anything else, although Barcelona did give it their all and play for 95 minutes against a packed defence, so credit to them for that. Feel a bit sorry for Unai Emery, i think the is a good manager but he was let down by his players last night and he is under enough pressure as it it.  What was the defence doing for the first 2 goals?  Third, unlucky that Meunier slipped where he did, but it was a penalty, if you fall between the striker and the ball in the box...then they are going to run into you and fall over you.  Great free kick for the 4th in fairness.  What was Marquinhos doing for the 5th?  wrong side of Suraez in the box, he shouldn't have given given him any excuse to go down...keep your arms down. I thought it was a penalty when i saw it first...so i can't really blame the ref for missing the dodgy dive. 

But that's football, players dive all the time,in every league and until retro bans are introduced they will keep doing so. Remember Martin last year throwing himself on the ground every time he got nudged?

The sixth was just wonderful by Neymar and Roberto, an incredible finale.  A wonderful night of football overall, amusing to see Sky Sports News giving it less time than the Man City 0-0 Stoke game. Wonder why!

3 hours ago, Anon said:

I've no real love for Barca, but I do love how hard they trigger some people. Have agree with Norman about the average Barca fan though. One of the most accurate assessments I've ever seen.

Bloody vegans.

6 hours ago, David said:

Didn't watch the game. Just seen all the tweets last night in utter disbelief at what happened and praising Barca.

I'm in utter disbelief anyone can call it the greatest comeback ever when one of the goals came from a disgusting dive from Suarez for the penalty. 

PSG bottle job aside you can't just ignore that, so frustrating to see world class players blatantly cheat. 

Retrospective lengthy bans for diving desperately needed. 

Replace that penalty with any other goal and you have the greatest comeback ever. 

It was among the greatest comebacks ever. PSG are a top team, and to beat them like that was pretty special.

Suarez did what any other player in that position would have done. Marquinos had his arm on his neck from behind, and he went down as he wasn't going to reach the ball. You can't do that as a defender. Suarez was impeded. Sure he went down easily, but so do most nowadays.

Its funny how you don't mention the blatant foul on Neymar in the first-half where Barca weren't awarded a penalty.

That's the thing. People must be so jealous of Barca that they always pick up on the decisions going for them yet always ignore the decisions going against them.

I really don't get it. 

Was Suarez's "dive" any worse than Gerrard's in Istanbul? 

Going back to the Marquinos/ Suarez incident.

Was the defender looking at the ball? No

Did the defender try and play the ball? No

Did the defender try and impede Suarez? Yes

Did the defender make contact with Suarez? Yes

Considering SuareZ was goalside and had the run on Marqiunos being 2 yards infront, the defender reached out to impede him bu putting his arm round his neck with the ball midflight. Foul all day long.

37 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It was among the greatest comebacks ever. PSG are a top team, and to beat them like that was pretty special.

Suarez did what any other player in that position would have done. Marquinos had his arm on his neck from behind, and he went down as he wasn't going to reach the ball. You can't do that as a defender. Suarez was impeded. Sure he went down easily, but so do most nowadays.

Its funny how you don't mention the blatant foul on Neymar in the first-half where Barca weren't awarded a penalty.

That's the thing. People must be so jealous of Barca that they always pick up on the decisions going for them yet always ignore the decisions going against them.

I really don't get it. 

Was Suarez's "dive" any worse than Gerrard's in Istanbul? 

Jealous of what exactly? You tried to trot that line out in the Enrique topic the other day. I have zero reasons to be jealous of another football club. I'm a Derby County fan, that's all, I don't support several clubs to cover my arse so I can feel like my team won a trophy. Be super easy to just switch clubs if I had any jealousy. 

It's also not that funny I didn't mention the "blatant" foul on Neymar, if you read my post again you will see I said I never watched it the game, I saw the goals in a highlights video this morning. 

I find it hard to believe it was blatant as you say with you believing Suarez's dive was a penalty and trying claim any other player would do that is totally wrong.

Next you'll be telling us it was only a nibble and every player given the opportunity of a little bite on a player would take it.

You're a Barca fan I get that, enjoy the win but don't try and defend that kind of behaviour, it put a dark cloud over the win for me as a neutral. I had no horse in this race but to see a horse take a fall like that is disgusting as was his handball in the World Cup. I will never accept cheating like that regardless of the prize on offer or shirt they are wearing

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Going back to the Marquinos/ Suarez incident.

Was the defender looking at the ball? No

Did the defender try and play the ball? No

Did the defender try and impede Suarez? Yes

Did the defender make contact with Suarez? Yes

Considering SuareZ was goalside and had the run on Marqiunos being 2 yards infront, the defender reached out to impede him bu putting his arm round his neck with the ball midflight. Foul all day long.

IMG_0299.JPG

The Suarez one wasn't a penalty in my opinion. As you said David you didn't see the game but to me it was a greatest comeback I've see in my lifetime(alongside instanbul) because as even Steven Gerrard said in the post match punditry, he has never ever seen a team press that much with that much intensity in his life. You just have to see Michael Owen, Rio Ferdinand and Steven Gerrard jumping around to see how great that game was. 3 former great players acting like school children seeing their heroes score.When Barca went 3 up, everyone thought they would do it but then Cavani scored and the game was dead. A true roller coaster of a game. Then the brilliance of Neymar turned up. 3 goals from the 88th minute is crazy!!!!! Yes Barca were fortunate but PSG were dirty too. Verrati should have been sent off for his awful challenge on Ter Stegen(having already been booked).

23 minutes ago, David said:

Jealous of what exactly? You tried to trot that line out in the Enrique topic the other day. I have zero reasons to be jealous of another football club. I'm a Derby County fan, that's all, I don't support several clubs to cover my arse so I can feel like my team won a trophy. Be super easy to just switch clubs if I had any jealousy. 

It's also not that funny I didn't mention the "blatant" foul on Neymar, if you read my post again you will see I said I never watched it the game, I saw the goals in a highlights video this morning. 

I find it hard to believe it was blatant as you say with you believing Suarez's dive was a penalty and trying claim any other player would do that is totally wrong.

Next you'll be telling us it was only a nibble and every player given the opportunity of a little bite on a player would take it.

You're a Barca fan I get that, enjoy the win but don't try and defend that kind of behaviour, it put a dark cloud over the win for me as a neutral. I had no horse in this race but to see a horse take a fall like that is disgusting as was his handball in the World Cup. I will never accept cheating like that regardless of the prize on offer or shirt they are wearing

If you're not jealous, then you must be bitter. Why else would you keep playing down Barca's achievements. It's like them being the greatest team ever really annoys you. Why? I'd get it if you were a Madrid fan, but as you say you're not.

You watched the goals, and then came to the conclusion that Barca's victory wasn't the greatest because of a 'dubious' penalty. You came to that conclusion because of that one incident, yet you admittedly say you didn't watch the game and therefore missed the foul on Neymar. Again, that sounds bitter, ignoring other key incidents to suit your own weird agenda.

And to top it off, you post a vine/video of the Suarez incident which cuts out the blatant foul beforehand. Suarez was ahead of Marquinos, and the defender purposely grabbed at him from behind to impede him. But the video doesn't show that, the video begins where the foul has already been committed and its cut to just show Suarez falling over. Why show that unless you're bitter about it? Trying to prove Suarez dived and ignoring the foul...

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The Suarez one wasn't a penalty in my opinion. As you said David you didn't see the game but to me it was a greatest comeback I've see in my lifetime(alongside instanbul) because as even Steven Gerrard said in the post match punditry, he has never ever seen a team press that much with that much intensity in his life. You just have to see Michael Owen, Rio Ferdinand and Steven Gerrard jumping around to see how great that game was. 3 former great players acting like school children seeing their heroes score.When Barca went 3 up, everyone thought they would do it but then Cavani scored and the game was dead. A true roller coaster of a game. Then the brilliance of Neymar turned up. 3 goals from the 88th minute is crazy!!!!! Yes Barca were fortunate but PSG were dirty too. Verrati should have been sent off for his awful challenge on Ter Stegen(having already been booked).

May have been game changing decisions throughout which could have changed the game either way, even in the first leg, I accept that, refs get things wrong all the time.

For players to blatantly cheat to con the ref into giving a game changing penalty is disgusting regardless of went on before. Suarez has history of win at all costs, he's a professional cheat. I can't accept that. 

If this was Martin in a play off final for Derby I would say the same. 

Win the game the right way.

4 minutes ago, David said:

May have been game changing decisions throughout which could have changed the game either way, even in the first leg, I accept that, refs get things wrong all the time.

For players to blatantly cheat to con the ref into giving a game changing penalty is disgusting regardless of went on before. Suarez has history of win at all costs, he's a professional cheat. I can't accept that. 

If this was Martin in a play off final for Derby I would say the same. 

Win the game the right way.

bitter bitter bitter...

The defender was the one trying to cheat. He illegally reached out from behind and put his arm round Suarez's neck in an attempt to prevent him getting the ball. If a penalty wasn't given, then the defender has cheated. Just like in the first half when the PSG defender purposely hauled Neymar back in the box when he was running on to a through pass.

But once again, that never gets mentioned by the bitter anti-Barca fans.

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If you're not jealous, then you must be bitter. Why else would you keep playing down Barca's achievements. It's like them being the greatest team ever really annoys you. Why? I'd get it if you were a Madrid fan, but as you say you're not.

You watched the goals, and then came to the conclusion that Barca's victory wasn't the greatest because of a 'dubious' penalty. You came to that conclusion because of that one incident, yet you admittedly say you didn't watch the game and therefore missed the foul on Neymar. Again, that sounds bitter, ignoring other key incidents to suit your own weird agenda.

And to top it off, you post a vine/video of the Suarez incident which cuts out the blatant foul beforehand. Suarez was ahead of Marquinos, and the defender purposely grabbed at him from behind to impede him. But the video doesn't show that, the video begins where the foul has already been committed and its cut to just show Suarez falling over. Why show that unless you're bitter about it? Trying to prove Suarez dived and ignoring the foul...

I'm not bitter either, you obviously take personal offence to anything slightly negative towards Barca. I've been to the Nou Camp, took the tour, paid the overpriced cost for a Rivaldo shirt from the club shop. I have zero feelings towards the club at all which you're clearly struggling to get your head around. I understand the journalist in you always tries to find a headline but there isn't one here other than football fan doesn't like cheating.

Had this been Cavani at the other end to seal the win I would be saying the exact same thing.

Yes, I've come to the conclusion that it's cast a shadow over the win based on one incident which resulted in a goal from blatant cheating and I stand by it as that goal from the penalty changed the games result. It's wrong and disgusting. I've also admitted other events previous may have changed the course of the game, hell you can go back across the full tournament and find fouls that weren't given. That's football. Doesn't make it right to cheat, con the ref later in the game regardless of who you support.

Type Suarez dive in Twitter, I grabbed the first one which was there that showed the blatant dive. 

Archived