My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick note from me then I’ll leave you in peace for a bit.

Before I round up,please if anyone feels down or is going through a tough time or doesn’t know where to turn,physical,mental,depression,whatever it is PLEASE TELL SOMEONE,post on here,anything.

I’ve lost count of how many times you lot have helped me/us out...thanks.

Just waiting call backs regarding putting Joel’s plan(?)into progress.

I don’t know what @Mrs Cone made of yesterday as we’ve not spoke at length yet and she was at work early,might do her good to comment?

We’re all learning to sign so we can communicate,just enrolled us on a course.

Got Joel tickets for Rotherham hopefully we can make it.

I’ll let you know in due course,sorry as always from droning on...COYR?

• 4 weeks later...

Going tomorrow and Joel’s really looking forward to it.

Really wanted to get him to a game while he still still hear something even if it’s not much.

Still treating the right side with a mix of antibiotics to bring the infection under control,stop it draining with the aim of finding out how it’s growing,they don’t want the MRI just yet.

Mr Irving wants Mr Ray to do any surgery but Mr Ray wants Mr Irving to do it,Joel doesn’t want them to do it full stop,but unfortunately it’s going to have to come out.

Anyway,we’re just following the instructions to the letter at present no major dramas and Joel’s not to bad.

Tomorrow will be a good test as to how much he’s up to.

Cheers

34 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Really wanted to get him to a game while he still still hear something even if it’s not much.

Still treating the right side with a mix of antibiotics to bring the infection under control,stop it draining with the aim of finding out how it’s growing,they don’t want the MRI just yet.

Mr Irving wants Mr Ray to do any surgery but Mr Ray wants Mr Irving to do it,Joel doesn’t want them to do it full stop,but unfortunately it’s going to have to come out.

Anyway,we’re just following the instructions to the letter at present no major dramas and Joel’s not to bad.

Cheers

Good luck to you both John and Joel,

Let us hope Frank and the boys put on a show tomorrow to generate the noise for Joel to hear!

All the best to you both, Hants.

4 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Cheers

Hope we get a win for you and Joel has a good day. 

4 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Cheers

Hope you all have a great day.

8 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Thanks mate...that’s the plan.

How are you doing?

Doing well.  love my new job, makes a massive difference.

Got blood test next week,  but all been ok (for me ha) recently.

Waiting for my probation to finish,  in November.. Decided to treat myself to a new car if i pass.

11 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Doing well.  love my new job, makes a massive difference.

Got blood test next week,  but all been ok (for me ha) recently.

Waiting for my probation to finish,  in November.. Decided to treat myself to a new car if i pass.

That’s great mate.

I saw all that stuff about a new treatment for blood cancer a couple of weeks ago,might that help you if you needed it?

I was going to make a crap joke about being on probation but I won’t.

Glad you’re getting a break mate?

18 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

That’s great mate.

I saw all that stuff about a new treatment for blood cancer a couple of weeks ago,might that help you if you needed it?

I was going to make a crap joke about being on probation but I won’t.

Glad you’re getting a break mate?

I saw something but there are so many different types of blood cancer, some work for some and not others.

The only cure for mine is bone marrow transplant, but they only do that as a last option as the path to recovery, if indeed you do recover is a hard long one.

I am on the 'best' drugs you can get, I am lucky I have a good consultant who got me on them. Loads more arent as lucky as me, and it does make me feel bad knowing the annual cost is over 40k yet others have to do fund raising for similar amounts for life saving treatment.

Does make me thing sometimes, especially last season i picked my prescription up from boots before the match, 3 months worth and was thinking did i really just throw 15 k worth of drugs in the boot while going to the match?

Have a good day.

• 1 month later...

Quick one for you @Steve How Hard?

Joel’s doing ok,right ear did what Mr Irving said it should do after 6-8 weeks of different antibiotics,which amazed us.

We will have to go in at some point in the next 6 weeks to see if we can work how fast it’s growing right side and check we’re ok on the left then come to a decision as to when it’s going to come out,what operation they’re going to do and who’s going to do it.

I would take a guess that it’s moving slowly and is pretty small at the minute so  we should have a few months to get it out properly,that’s my guess.

We had a calm 2-3 weeks then the last 3 have been difficult.

I got David to delete that post,it was too much detail really.

Hopefully they have a good day today with no issues.

Cheers

29 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Quick one for you @Steve How Hard?

Joel’s doing ok,right ear did what Mr Irving said it should do after 6-8 weeks of different antibiotics,which amazed us.

We will have to go in at some point in the next 6 weeks to see if we can work how fast it’s growing right side and check we’re ok on the left then come to a decision as to when it’s going to come out,what operation they’re going to do and who’s going to do it.

I would take a guess that it’s moving slowly and is pretty small at the minute so  we should have a few months to get it out properly,that’s my guess.

We had a calm 2-3 weeks then the last 3 have been difficult.

I got David to delete that post,it was too much detail really.

Hopefully they have a good day today with no issues.

Cheers

I'm sure people will be asking what was in the post - let's just say it was even more of the same, and we all want Joel to know we are rooting for him. Wishing you all the very best. Not much anyone can say, like you know. 

42 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm sure people will be asking what was in the post - let's just say it was even more of the same, and we all want Joel to know we are rooting for him. Wishing you all the very best. Not much anyone can say, like you know. 

It was the lowest point mate in a long struggle but everyone’s still here and we’re still doing our best...cheers.

Archived