Jordon Ibe's Bournemouth record

Thierry Ennui

He has a total of 1 goal and 2 assists in 59 Premier League appearances. Across 2,275 minutes of football! And he's 21 now, he's really not that young for an explosive winger.

He was sold because he wasn't any good. Bournemouth only bought him because Ritchie wouldn't sign a new contract.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, David said:

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/threads/jordon-ibe-rw-lw-bournemouth.20860/

Liverpool fans not exactly laughing, couple calling it crazy money but admitting that's the market now and they overpaid for Mane.

Mane has been their best player this season so those people don't really know what they're talking about.

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

people 'rose-tint' his time with us. He made Johnny Russell look like Mr Consistently-Awesome.

Do they? I think most people consider that by the time he was recalled he had only just turned good, which added in part to the madness in recalling him. From our point of view, at the time he was the only player with a real turn of pace upon which we had started to use effectively.

I think I am going to be in the minority of 1 here but I don't think he was that good when he was here.

Anyone know how to access his stats from when he was at Derby?

He had a couple of good games but I don't remember thinking he was of any better standard than any of our other players at the time.

Just now, Penelope Pendrex said:

He has a total of 1 goal and 2 assists in 59 Premier League appearances. Across 2,275 minutes of football! And he's 21 now, he's really not that young for an explosive winger.

He was sold because he wasn't any good. Bournemouth only bought him because Ritchie wouldn't sign a new contract.

Jurgen Klopp believes the buy-back clauses Liverpool negotiated made the sales of Jordon Ibe and Brad Smith “perfect” deals for the club this summer.

With neither player likely to be first choice at Anfield this summer, Klopp decided to offload them but only on the guarantee the Reds could buy them back for a set price in future.

Klopp will be monitoring Ibe and Smith’s progress with interest and says if they flourish for the Cherries it’s realistic they could return to Liverpool over the next few years.

“Things like this are usually really expensive but these aren’t,” Klopp told the ECHO.

“Yes, there’s a bit of a risk. It’s not that you can sell someone for £10m with a buy-back clause of £8m. That would be fantastic!

“At that age you have to play and that was the case with Brad Smith and Jordon Ibe. They had the possibility to do that (with Bournemouth) and they were deals that absolutely made sense for both sides.

“We will watch them, they will have pressure there, they will fight for the league or whatever, and we will see them growing up in pressure situations. That’s perfect.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-liverpool-selling-jordon-ibe-11725710

-----------------------------------

Ibe might not be good enough for a club fighting for the Premier League title right now but Klopp clearly sees something in him to include a buy back.

Bournemouth clearly saw something in Ibe to spend £15m regardless of the Ritchie situation.

Ibe has struggled at Bournemouth, not denying that but players can take time to settle in, we've seen it at Derby. 

Young bloke who has just turned 21 in December, renting a house, robbed at gunpoint, probably why they are not getting the best out of him right now.

Take away Bournemouth from his record, since returning to Liverpool from Derby he's started 19 Premier League games with 20 sub appearances. A total of 1790 minutes on the pitch which is just under 20 games when you divide by 90 minutes. Worth pointing out they were broken up between hamstring injuries. 1 goal, 2 assists.

Now throw in Bournemouth 12 starts, 7 subs, 937 minutes on the pitch is 10 games. 

It's actually 58 games but in game time 30.

Finally, assists mean very little as they do not include his involvement in the build up in games, could put a great cross in, headed down for a tap in yet nothing will be credited to Ibe in stats.

4 minutes ago, David said:

13 starts

7 sub appearances

1142 minutes on the pitch (12 games)

5 goals

1 assist

Pass success 86.7%

Some pretty good stats... Not sure that his overall stats are worth paying £15m for. Suppose that's why Bournemouth are disappointed in his performances.

10 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Some pretty good stats... Not sure that his overall stats are worth paying £15m for. Suppose that's why Bournemouth are disappointed in his performances.

Transfer fees have risen a lot quicker than fans valuations. The new PL TV deal has injected an insane amount of money into the game which has had a knock on effect down the leagues.

Jake Livermore is even worth £10m apparently these days.

Attackers cost more, young English attackers especially.

Ibe doesn't look like a £15m player now but you can see why they paid it when he was at Liverpool.

Played, scored, man of the match in Europa League as well, showed enough for a club to invest in what was a 20 year old at the time and enough for Liverpool to stick a buy back clause in. You don't see those very often, especially between PL clubs.

1 minute ago, David said:

Transfer fees have risen a lot quicker than Fans valuations. The new PL TV deal has injected an insane amount of money into the game which has had a knock on effect down the leagues.

Jake Livermore is even worth £10m apparently these days.

Attackers usually cost more, young English attackers especially. Ibe doesn't look like a £15m player now but you can see why they paid it when he was at Liverpool.

Played, scored, man of the match in Europa League as well, showed enough for a club to invest in what was a 20 year old at the time and enough for Liverpool to stick a buy back clause in. You don't see those very often, especially between PL clubs.

I wonder how Buy Back clauses work if he was to be sold by Bournemouth? For example. Say Ibe's BBC (buy back clause) is £25m. If Bournemouth sold him to us for £10m this summer. Would Liverpool's BBC still stand? Or would they have to agree that with Derby?

Just now, RamsPolls said:

I wonder how Buy Back clauses work if he was to be sold by Bournemouth? For example. Say Ibe's BBC (buy back clause) is £25m. If Bournemouth sold him to us for £10m this summer. Would Liverpool's BBC still stand? Or would they have to agree that with Derby?

That would just be between Liverpool and Bournemouth I would imagine, probably have to offer them first refusal if a bid came in or something

58 minutes ago, David said:

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/threads/jordon-ibe-rw-lw-bournemouth.20860/

Liverpool fans not exactly laughing, couple calling it crazy money but admitting that's the market now and they overpaid for Mane. Quite a few wanting a buy back clause. Most popular opinion was that he has potential but wasn't developing fast enough. 

Inconsistant I would say but that applies to many young wingers.

And isn't that people's main gripe with why he was recalled? 

He wasn't setting us alight like Incey did but you could see he had talent. He was improving with us at a good rate. He was working with one of the best coaches in the game, had Hughesy putting an arm around him and was starting to play regularly.

It was only in his last month with us that he started looking smithing akin to a top Championship standard. His overall game was improving, he was starting to use the ball more intelligently… and then they recalled him to play him at wing-back! 

He was developing well will us… there was little reason to spoil that.

7 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

http://www.isportconnect.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32853:football-transfers-buy-back-clauses-explained-daniel-geey&catid=61:sport-finance&Itemid=177

No mention of if a club bids lower but if they bid higher there an be a cancellation fee pre agreed to remove the clause. 

I don think people rose tint his time here, it's what his time here could have been. He was hitting form and looking really good, genuinely providing goals and playing in a system that suits the type of the player he is under a manager that encourages him to express himself.

You've seen how Mr Tom 'not good enough for the PL' Ince has done under McClaren, imagine how Ibe could do. Depends how his season goes, but I'd love to see us go after him.

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

And isn't that people's main gripe with why he was recalled? 

He wasn't setting us alight like Incey did but you could see he had talent. He was improving with us at a good rate. He was working with one of the best coaches in the game, had Hughesy putting an arm around him and was starting to play regularly.

It was only in his last month with us that he started looking smithing akin to a top Championship standard. His overall game was improving, he was starting to use the ball more intelligently… and then they recalled him to play him at wing-back! 

He was developing well will us… there was little reason to spoil that.

Liverpool were struggling whilst Ibe was impressing, was a huge loss for us but it's not like he went back and didn't play as that would have been frustrating. 5 months longer at Derby wouldn't have seen a huge development.

Going back at that probably helped him, had he gone off the boil may not have been given the chance he had and been on loan in the Championship again.

Right now he's probably getting paid a fair whack, no danger of him leaving as it's hard to see any club putting an offer in given his current form and go again next season. 

I think he'll come good for them, not had the best of settling in periods but we've seen at Derby how players can turn it around. He's under the best manager to allow him to play the football he does.

42 minutes ago, David said:

13 starts

7 sub appearances

1142 minutes on the pitch (12 games)

5 goals

1 assist

Pass success 86.7%

I hate stats - sums up the 'Football Manager' generation - I change channel when Sky start banging on about them - much rather judge a player on what I've seen, rather than what the stats say.....

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think I am going to be in the minority of 1 here but I don't think he was that good when he was here.

Anyone know how to access his stats from when he was at Derby?

He had a couple of good games but I don't remember thinking he was of any better standard than any of our other players at the time.

Thought he was good just before he was recalled. 

Before that he had chinchest syndrome 

Archived