Jordon Ibe's Bournemouth record

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, David said:

Not settled in at Bournemouth?

Don't think he has. He's still renting a 1 bedroom apartment 500 yards away from the training ground. Travels up to Liverpool every other week to see his family. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bournemouth cash in on him this summer.

Clearly hasn't worked out for him. 

Liverpool recalling him was the worst thing that could have happened for his career.  He was just starting to learn his role here, getting to know when to try the elaborate tricks and when to keep it simple, and how to do all the other stuff that a modern footballer needs to be able to do to justify his place in a team (work hard, track back, keep possession etc).  He went back to Liverpool, spent months sat on the bench and seems to have gone back to square one.

33 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Liverpool recalling him was the worst thing that could have happened for his career.  He was just starting to learn his role here, getting to know when to try the elaborate tricks and when to keep it simple, and how to do all the other stuff that a modern footballer needs to be able to do to justify his place in a team (work hard, track back, keep possession etc).  He went back to Liverpool, spent months sat on the bench and seems to have gone back to square one.

Wasn't just that they recalled him, but when he did play, they frequently stuck him at right wing-back - completely nullified one of his key attributes which was the ability to beat a player over 5 yards. When we played him as one of a front three, he could beat a player and be in the box - when he did the same for Liverpool, he beat the player and then had to run over the halfway line and then try to do it again after running another 40 yards - convinced me that Rodgers was even more clueless as a coach than I'd thought previously.....

46 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Didn't work out too well for us either.

11 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Wasn't just that they recalled him, but when he did play, they frequently stuck him at right wing-back - completely nullified one of his key attributes which was the ability to beat a player over 5 yards. When we played him as one of a front three, he could beat a player and be in the box - when he did the same for Liverpool, he beat the player and then had to run over the halfway line and then try to do it again after running another 40 yards - convinced me that Rodgers was even more clueless as a coach than I'd thought previously.....

Yeah, and given that he had a habit of playing at least one suicidal ball to an opposition attacker in his own defensive third per game, the last thing you'd want to do is play him as a wing-back.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

It was under his step-Dad's advice that they recalled him!

I'm not even joking, he was so involved in the recall that they gave him a job as scout.

Sausaging idiot. He's caused his step-lad's career to stutter. 

24 minutes ago, cannable said:

It was under his step-Dad's advice that they recalled him!

I'm not even joking, he was so involved in the recall that they gave him a job as scout.

Sausaging idiot. He's caused his step-lad's career to stutter. 

I had forgotten this classic! Great reminder for all of us, Derek!

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Don't think he has. He's still renting a 1 bedroom apartment 500 yards away from the training ground. Travels up to Liverpool every other week to see his family. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bournemouth cash in on him this summer.

Clearly hasn't worked out for him. 

I thought he was from MK Dons ?

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

He was far from perfect but very promising unfortunately Rodgers was under pressure at the time and being criticised for ibe not being there so we lost him the night before we played the red dogs and lost - sad weekend 

Coming to Derby was the best thing he did for his career.

Liverpool recalled him was even better as he went on to start 7 Premier League games, 5 sub appearances and 2 Europa League starts. 

After impressing the following season he went on to start 12 games, 15 sub appearances in the Premier League, 4 Europa League starts, had more minutes on the pitch than his time at Derby, was even talk of him getting a England call up. Goes on to earn himself the £15m move.

Hasn't worked out for him at Bournemouth but another Premier League club will come in for him, clubs are not as quick to write players off like fans are.

2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Why on earth would Liverpool sell him if he was doing so well? He was awful there as any Liverpool fan will tell you, they were and are laughing that they got £15m for him.

I thought your post was a parody until the last sentence.

So awful a club paid £15m for him? Of course Liverpool fans were laughing, some Forest fans were laughing they managed to get £3m for Lansbury

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/threads/jordon-ibe-rw-lw-bournemouth.20860/

Liverpool fans not exactly laughing, couple calling it crazy money but admitting that's the market now and they overpaid for Mane. Quite a few wanting a buy back clause. Most popular opinion was that he has potential but wasn't developing fast enough. 

Inconsistant I would say but that applies to many young wingers.

Archived