Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38709162

Highlighs. Aluko seemingly ignores Martin whilst celebrating the first. But excellent play from Martin later on in the highlights... 

He definitely Ignores him! He does his very best to avoid him and even for Martin's open goal tap in he blanks Martin at first leaving him hanging congratulates sessegnon and then gives him a little celebrated tap.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, RamNut said:

Vydra knows that the current manager does not see him as the solution up front.

This move - whilst great for Martin - isn't going to good for bent, blackman, vydra or nugent.

it could have a negative effect this season.

the pantomime goes on.

Why? If they can't stand the competition from another forward, they are in the wrong game or not good enough. All players should welcome people that will either push them to improve or improve the squad.

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Darren Bent's first league start for us was against Rotherham, the 3-3 draw.

In 2013/14 his record (starts) was W4 D4 L3 = 16 points from 11 games, average 1.45 per game or 67 over a 46 game campaign.

This season, his record under Mac (starts) is W8 D1 L1 = 25 points from 10 games, average 2.5 per game or 115 over a 46-game campaign.

His overall record under Mac is W12 D5 L4, 40 points from 21 games, 1.9 per average or 87.6 over a 46-game season.

Bent's record is obviously boosted by the recent amazing run coinciding with Mac's arrival. I'd expect that figure to steadily drop between now and May.

Martin's record is slightly better, and he has started more than three times the amount of games in which Bent has started. I doubt Bent's current average will remain as high.

Bent, while still not ideally suited to our system, has improved in terms of teamplay from his first stint with us in the 2013/14 season. 

I wouldn't like to compare either with Vydra's record, which must be pretty dire.

That's pretty much anti-Bent way to put it! Bent's record would be even better (likely to be better than Martin's), if we did'nt had that horrible luck with injuries of Mascarell, Thorne and Eustace.

I don't think it really matters which one we have upfront. With Martin we might be easier on the eye, but Bent's very effective.

If he came back now, we would have Martin, Bent, Nugent and Vydra for one place. Wouldn't make sense, only one we could move on would be Bent. It wouldn't make sense either.

Maybe we gave him contract to make sure he knows that he has long term future with us. Just maybe there's nothing else in it.

Sounds as though he put in a team performance today and got a goal for Fulham also seems SJ is happy with Martin?

So god knows what is going on, he has had pay rise and + contract extension, says he want to come back, but then turns out for Fulham?

Fulham maintaining nothing has changed, so we'll see come Tuesday........

When Martin scored for Fulham he didn't get mobbed by the other Fulham players like Bryson was on Friday, which you would expect to happen after putting your team into the lead, Is this an indication of some unrest in Fulham's changing room.

17 minutes ago, toddy said:

Sounds as though he put in a team performance today and got a goal for Fulham also seems SJ is happy with Martin?

So god knows what is going on, he has had pay rise and + contract extension, says he want to come back, but then turns out for Fulham?

Fulham maintaining nothing has changed, so we'll see come Tuesday........

Maybe he's just a professional footballer wanting to play football rather than the lazy, unprofessional, money grabbing so so you made up in your own head and tried to dress up as fact?

"

The Fulham Head Coach was also asked about Martin’s current situation, after Derby County announced on the eve of the game that he had signed a new contract with them.

“His situation is fantastic,” Jokanović explained. “He signed a new contract which is great news for himself and his family.

“It’s probably his highest contract, but in our situation there is no change; he is going to stay with us. He showed commitment today for working with the club.

“I understand why Derby like this player, they believe the best Derby striker is in my dressing room. I believe the same.

“But what are we going to do? If they want to use him, I have to send him back at the end of the season. We have an option for him to stay for next season and in this business you never know.” "

To me it looks like Martin will see if he can get a better contract out of Fulham...

8 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

When Martin scored for Fulham he didn't get mobbed by the other Fulham players like Bryson was on Friday, which you would expect to happen after putting your team into the lead, Is this an indication of some unrest in Fulham's changing room.

I have just watched the highlights I don't think there was anything showing any unrest towards Martin from any of the Fulham players.

8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Maybe he's just a professional footballer wanting to play football rather than the lazy, unprofessional, money grabbing so so you made up in your own head and tried to dress up as fact?

What you highlighted above was in deed fact. :lol:

Maybe you are unaware that Martin had a payrise and contract extension, said he wanted to come back and played and scored against Hull today -that  is FACT!

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/martin-play-derby-county-play-offs-boss

This situation is crap IMO .

Really deflating news for us Derby County Fans. 

I am starting to get annoyed with Chris Martin now though  

Is he serious about coming back to Derby or does he want the best of both worlds. 

If he doesn't come back in January I hope he stays at Fulham and we can buy someone else. 

What the hell is he doing scoring for them .  

Stop trying for them for goodness sake Chris .

Must be the first time in history that a player out on loan isnt allowed back to his parent club. Forget the finite details Derby who own the player and want him back especially as the manager who got rid has now gone.

The player has made it 100% clear he want to go back

Fulham who are borrowing the player and will now NOT be signing the him say no.

Fair play to Joker for standing by his guns but he is now starting to look a ****. CM is playing and scoring but no way is he 100% committed. Even if he says he is his mind will be elsewhere. Joker get over yourself. Especially as his family are in Derby if Fulham had any common-sense they would say thanks but time to move on.

5 minutes ago, Fulhamfaninpeace said:

To me it looks like Martin will see if he can get a better contract out of Fulham...

I honestly doubt it, the big line going through this has been essentially Martin is doing what's best for his family, which I presume is seeing his long term future at Derby.

It's an incredibly sticky situation which both clubs have seen themselves entangled in which is unfortunate but was sadly inevitable once McLaren returned. The thing is I don't blame either team for their stances, if the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure you would want Fulham to try and get your (arguably) best player back. I reckon he will end up staying for the season now though.

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Is he serious about coming back to Derby or does he want the best of both worlds. 

What a complete ****

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

If he doesn't come back in January I hope he stays at Fulham and we can buy someone else. 

What the hell is he doing scoring for them .  

Stop trying for them for goodness sake. 

I assume thats said tongue in cheek?

10 minutes ago, Fulhamfaninpeace said:

"

The Fulham Head Coach was also asked about Martin’s current situation, after Derby County announced on the eve of the game that he had signed a new contract with them.

“His situation is fantastic,” Jokanović explained. “He signed a new contract which is great news for himself and his family.

“It’s probably his highest contract, but in our situation there is no change; he is going to stay with us. He showed commitment today for working with the club.

“I understand why Derby like this player, they believe the best Derby striker is in my dressing room. I believe the same.

“But what are we going to do? If they want to use him, I have to send him back at the end of the season. We have an option for him to stay for next season and in this business you never know.” "

He'll be back with us, don't worry about that, in fact I'm seeing my legal team in the morning to see if we can have the current arrangement annulled as it was instigated by a man obviously not in control of his faculties and subsequently not in the best interests of Derby County Football Club.

Archived