The Championship Villa(i)ns

Day

2 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Can't believe we sold Hendrick for £0.

Bloody Pearson.

£0 for Hendrick! Doesn't seem like a good deal at first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth ...................................... etc glance!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Can't believe we sold Hendrick for £0.

Bloody Pearson.

1 hour ago, 1967Ram said:

£0 for Hendrick! Doesn't seem like a good deal at first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth ...................................... etc glance!!!!

10 hours ago, David said:

15/16 - Derby spent £28.95m, received £0m. Net Spend £28.95m.

16/17 Aston Villa spent £52.36m, received £29.07m. Net spend of £23.29m 

*Carson, Bree and Adomah's fee's were all listed as ? with no fee given so are not included in the above numbers.

Look again at the bold bit. Comparing our net spent from last seasons spending spree to Villa's this season. Point being we don't have a leg to stand on having a pop at Villa spending money. 

9 hours ago, David said:

Look again at the bold bit. Comparing our net spent from last seasons spending spree to Villa's this season. Point being we don't have a leg to stand on having a pop at Villa spending money. 

For me,  it's the receipts that show the economic madness that's overtaken the prem.

Recouping nearly 30m on players who were utterly abject last season.

By that reckoning we could have got 20m apiece for clod and Eddie Lewis :lol:

From what i have read /seen

Bree is 3m and adomah is around that figure too isn't he? So their net spend is higher. Also if hourihane signs that'll be another couple of million.

Carson was extremely cheap so I think they are quite a bit higher then what we did 15/16 although I also think us slowing down this year is something Villa wont do.

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Bree is 3m and adomah is around that figure too isn't he? So their net spend is higher. Also if hourihane signs that'll be another couple of million.

Carson was extremely cheap so I think they are quite a bit higher then what we did 15/16 although I also think us slowing down this year is something Villa wont do.

I don't think Villa will make playoffs so they will spend big next season as Brucey will be reminding the Doctor that hes only had 1 window.......

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Let's say £3m for each, forget Carson.

Villa £32.29m, Derby £28.95m

Without counting the peanuts that's £3m.

Barely anything in it to be ranting and raving at Villa spending silly money. It's an establish Premier League club rebuilding after relegation. 

Last season we were just adding to what was a already a play off achieving squad that injuries crippled.

In the Summer everyone was complaining at Newcastle going nuts on players. They have spent £54.74m this season using the same Transfermarkt source, £85.72m has come into the club through sales!

Both Villa and Newcastle have worked well in the transfer market. The money is there to splash more yet they have probably signed the best you can attract to the Championship.

I could understand say if the likes of Barnsley and Cardiff were complaining but not Derby fans as that was us last year, we were the big spenders and most of which loved what we did in the summer.

Hindsight soon changed that though.

10 hours ago, Simsy said:

Adomah was £6m.

The parachute payments were meant to compensate teams for having players with long term contracts that were no longer affordable, not to allow them to go on £50 million spending spree on new players.£40 million in the first year is just far too much .

if the parachute system is to be retained, it should literally be a parachute ie with strings attached.

9 hours ago, Rample said:

Adomah was £6m.

so that's +3 and Hourihane who costs at least 3m and that icelandic player for 2m that's an extra 8m you can add onto the tally @David:lol: the spend is growing and there is still time for Villa to add!

Lighten up lets have a dig at villa even if we are a tad hypocritical. 'all that money and you're staying down' ;)

28 minutes ago, Simsy said:

so that's +3 and Hourihane who costs at least 3m and that icelandic player for 2m that's an extra 8m you can add onto the tally @David:lol: the spend is growing and there is still time for Villa to add!

Lighten up lets have a dig at villa even if we are a tad hypocritical. 'all that money and you're staying down' ;)

Window not closed yet. The Dr has tweeted players could be leaving as well. 

We're still not in a position to throw stones 

Archived